Ford EcoSport Petrol AT Titanium 52 19.62%
Honda City SV AT 83 31.32%
Vento DSG Petrol 96 36.23%
Increase Budget or Consider Deisel 34 12.83%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2022, 20:34   #361

Re: Automatic Quandary - Budget of 10 Lakhs

Being an ex owner of Ignis, and current owner of Bolero Neo (both used by my wife, I drive a 2016 Bolero), here are my two cents

1) Ignis is a very good city car. Delivers excellent mileage. But, we never took it on highway trips, primarily due limited space for luggage as well as people.
2) Neo will never match the performance of Ignis. But the road presence it delivers is far better than Ignis. Second row of Neo is very spacious. Third row (jump seats) are better than my Bolero. It do deliver decent mileage. Sticking to 90s, on. a highway trip, it will deliver 17kmpl. However, if your usage is less, prefer ignis over Neo, considering the DEF requirements.

All the best.
madrasilemon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 21:30   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
One last suggestion needed - Will it be wise to wait for 3/4 months?
This option makes the most sense according to me. Brezza is definitely your best bet and I would pick it over City, Jazz or Amaze. It’s a new car, has high GC and will give you a great resale value as well. My second pick will be XUV300 W4, it will also give you a similar experience. If you want a Mahindra, you should consider this instead of TUV300.
Aakash118 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 23:06   #363

Is there a reason you haven't considered the Baleno? If you can stretch your budget just a bit then the Alpha variant of the Baleno would be fantastic. It has a really good engine paired with a pretty good AMT. It is also far more feature loaded as compared to any of the cars you have mentioned. Add to that Suzuki's excellent after sales service!
nd26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 08:20   #364
BHPian

Factoring in all the aspects elaborated by you, I would say, close your eyes and buy Honda City 4th or 5th Gen V MT (base) version. Honda is like, fill it, shut it and forget it. You might be spending a lakh or more, but boy, you can have peace of mind for the next 10-12 years. 1.5 litre I-Vtech is a proven workhorse and testimony to the Japanese finesse!

Service costs are not high like MSIL or HMIL or VAG and 1.5 NA engine is also fun to drive!
MDED is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 10:09   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Honda Jazz - I would have preferred it over the Amaze. But will be out of production.
I had the exact same apprehension before buying Honda Jazz. Was pleasantly surprised to discover on this forum that many had bought Honda Jazz in 2022. This post (Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!) throws light on the rationale behind choosing a Jazz while it is still being sold, will recommend going through it. It also touches upon why we selected a Jazz over a (relatively cheaper and more feature-rich) Amaze.

Brezza could also be a very good choice (haven't driven it though, but have heard and read all praises for the car). For our requirements, we were very clear that we wanted another hatchback and not a CSUV. But for you, for your budget, MT would be the only option if you choose a Brezza. I would personally avoid MT going forward, despite having been a super-happy owner of my Santro Xing GLS MT for over 13 years, which was a lovely car and was still going strong. But the primary reasons for upgrading to Jazz was to (a) get a new car before the Santro ages further (the so-called 15 year rule! ), (b) to move to a proper automatic as we all age, and so that my wife could drive that too.

I would also personally avoid all AMTs at all costs (having driven some of them, of relatives/friends). It simply cannot match a proper automatic like a CVT or a TC, and each time I drove an AMT I was very thankful for having a CVT.

Hope this helps to get some detailed perspective. Good luck with whatever you finally choose.
jaysheth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 10:43   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

I had asked suggestions for a CVT/TC, but after driving a few cars, nothing is feeling as solid as the 2009 DZire diesel. Between other pressing issues on the home front, the hunt for a suitable AT for my sis is on a pause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Factoring in all the aspects elaborated by you, I would say, close your eyes and buy Honda City 4th or 5th Gen V MT (base) version.
Isnt this thread about an Automatic car ?
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 12:42   #367
BHPian

Quote:
One last suggestion needed - Will it be wise to wait for 3/4 months?
- Brezza fever might cool down, Citroen automatic might come, There will be more clarity on BS 6.2/ RDE/ E20.
(If suggested i can delay the purchase. This seems to be a confusing time to buy a car in a limited budget).

Thanks!
Waiting for C3 automatic seems to be a compelling option according to me as a new test mule was spotted with added features and an automatic transmission a while back. But the catch is here that we don't really know what that transmission would be. If AMT, a big NO. All other transmissions are better. So if you are not in a hurry, then it would be a better choice to wait.

On the flip side, we never know which manufacturer would release an updated price list with a price hike. But then, dealers also offer year end discounts. Evaluate these factors according to your budget and your will to stretch it if any good car pops up on the radar.
FrAgile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 14:44   #368
Kln
BHPian

My thoughts on this as a current ignis manual and jazz CVT owner -

- Ignis is more planted, easier to handle, a breeze to drive in the city and on highways. The engine + car weight combo makes it an extremely fun to drive car. Power on tap till 100 kmph is the norm. It delivers superb refinement, extremely reliable, hassle free ownership (Maruti is king in after sales servicing), no major issues at all in the last 4.5 years of ownership. I'm sure it will fetch excellent price in the second hand market as well. The lack of boot space is an issue if you have a family of 3+ looking to do intercity travel. The rear passenger leg space can be an issue if the driver is taller than 6 Ft. However, for a tall driver, there is no better hatchback than the ignis. Taller sitting position, adequate leg space is ensured by the boxy design. I love the car to death, probably the best car I've ever owned.

- Jazz CVT is extremely practical option for daily commute and highway trips. It has adequate luggage space, and extremely spacious rear passenger leg room. Best suited for taller passengers. The magic lies in the plush suspension - it makes you feel like floating on water. Power is strictly adequate, and meant for sedate drivers only. You won't get that power on tap feeling that you get from Ignis. I've taken it on 4 800 km+ trips with 4 passengers in the car without any issue whatsoever. Drawbacks are lack of a rear passenger headrest - sorely missed on long journeys, and below average fuel efficiency. Tank to tank, it gives around 11 kmpl in city and around 14 kmpl on highways. Honda after sales services is decent but slightly more expensive than Maruti in terms of service cost.

If you're planning for an automatic, go for CVT (Jazz) over AMT (Ignis) - it is more reliable, more smooth, and worth the additional cost. Having said that, Ignis manual is a breeze to drive. Gear ratios and clutch travel are well tuned so that it isn't a hassle to drive at all.
Kln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 16:29   #369

I would not recommend the 4th gen Honda City because it is too old now and is at the end of it's life. Go for the 5th generation City if you can afford it. The V variant is decently loaded and you will almost have everything that you will need.
However, the best choice of the lot will be MS Brezza. It is the perfect car for your needs and it will not be too expensive to maintain. I would book it right now and not worry about the waiting period because there are usually a lot of cancellations and you might get your car sooner than expected.
bhavye.31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 22:29   #370
BHPian

Re: Ignis amt /Amaze (automatic) / Brezza lxi (manual) / Bolero neo.

Quote:
Please help me decide a new car.

Brezza lxi (manual).
• Safe choice. not much worry till 15 yrs. Seems ready for BS6.2, E20 etc.
• Cons - waiting period - 6 months. even then the car alloted to me might be sold to someone else who pays more.
• Automatic is very expensive. Almost 13Lakhs for vxi.
• No test drive yet. Car wasn't available.
I was in a very similar situation few months ago with a very similar usage pattern. In the end I went with the Urban Cruiser AT (Brezza) for reasons outlined in the summary here (Tata Punch v/s Honda Amaze, to replace my Swift | Update - Chose Urban Cruiser!).

I would suggest get a test drive of the Brezza automatic and experience the Torque Converter automatic.
hanzt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 20:33   #371
BHPian

Any reason why you didn't consider Hyundai Nios AMT? It has a very refined engine, quite comfortable seats for occasional long drives and it comes with quite a good number of features. Should definitely test drive it.
souvikjana83 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks