Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2014, 11:06   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: D1 Sedan Quandary: VW Jetta, Skoda Octavia or Used Laura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
If it helps, the VIN number is WVWM13164EA550449.

Any thoughts guys? I'm not entirely averse to taking a 2013 car, but I will haggle for more discounts if it is so. Hopefully the form 22 clears my confusion up.
Post this in Wildon's thread on VIN. He should be able to help you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post3361533
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 11:15   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I booked the Jetta on 26th January and the car arrived at the dealer's stockyard yesterday, 3rd February. That's because someone else cancelled their order or shifted it and I was bumped up the queue.

Was told by the sales rep that since the Jetta is CKD, it'll show as being imported in December but the form 22 will mention Jan 2014 as the manufacturing date since that's when it was assembled. He even offered to share the form 22 with me, and I've asked him for a copy of that. He should give it to me today.

If it helps, the VIN number is WVWM13164EA550449. I tried using the decoder link that was shared on Team-BHP, but it wasn't very informative.
A quick online search showed that the car model was indeed a 2014 model, but I can't tell the month of manufacture. It's showing December, but not sure if that's the month of manufacture or import.

Any thoughts guys? I'm not entirely averse to taking a 2013 car, but I will haggle for more discounts if it is so. Hopefully the form 22 clears my confusion up.
Hi, have a quick look at WILDON's useful post at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2249678
It shows that the car is DEC2013 and model year is 2014. I think you can easily haggle for more discounts. Also RTO should normally register this car as 2013 if no scams are involved. So send a PM to WILDON, he can give you a PDF with much more details when he gets some time.
Regards
999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 11:19   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
Hi, have a quick look at WILDON's useful post at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2249678
It shows that the car is DEC2013 and model year is 2014. I think you can easily haggle for more discounts. Also RTO should normally register this car as 2013 if no scams are involved. So send a PM to WILDON, he can give you a PDF with much more details when he gets some time.
Regards
I did hunt for Wildon's thread but had come across another thread that was locked since an article about VIN decoding was put up. Have posted in that thread too, hopefully it clears my confusion.

That online decoder does say December, but the dealer could well be right in saying that the parts were made and imported in December and then assembled here in Jan when the order came in. Will wait for any kind of response from Wildon and the form 22 from the dealer for clarity, don't want to clutter this thread and go

Thanks for the advice guys! Peace out.
Old 4th February 2014, 18:05   #79
BHPian

Hi,

Just wanted you to know that 2014 manufactured Jetta is available with the dealers . And I checked the VIN number, it is 2014! So, maybe if you insist, I am sure you would be able to get the present year car, instead of the last year one.

Last edited by GTO : 11th February 2014 at 13:04. Reason: Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 13:42   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
Hi,

just wanted you to know that 2014 manufactured Jetta is available with the dealers.
I'm sure it is. I gave the dealer the benefit of the doubt since his explanation made sense. I had heard the whole "imported in X month, manufactured in X month" argument with CKD's somewhere else too.

Finally got a copy of the form 21 (sale certificate) and it does show jan '14 as the manufacturing date, and I've been assured the same will reflect on the RC. I guess that's proof/good enough for me.

D1 Sedan Quandary: VW Jetta, Skoda Octavia or Used Laura?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1391587783.070043.jpg

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th February 2014 at 19:12.
Old 5th February 2014, 15:52   #81
BHPian

Great ! I am also going for Jetta highline AT deep black.Could you please let me know the offer, you got, if any and the on road price please. Thanks.
Old 5th February 2014, 17:29   #82
BHPian

After a lot of trials and tribulations I too went for the Black. The VIN is of Jan 2014 and the offers as of now is Free Insurance (around 55k) and Exchange bonus of 20k.

However one is always hoping for more!
Old 5th February 2014, 17:47   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
Great ! I am also going for Jetta highline AT deep black.Could you please let me know the offer, you got, if any and the on road price please. Thanks.
Here's what I've got:

a) Zero depreciation insurance at the price of regular insurance. I could have got 20% off the regular insurance if I chose to not avail of a zero depreciation policy.
b) Got the dealer to waive off the handling charges (approx Rs. 8000).
c) Corporate discount of Rs. 15,000.
d) A cash discount of rs. 30,000

That takes the onroad price to about Rs. 22.69L OTR. Which dealer are you taking your car from btw?
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 17:58   #84
BHPian

Folks - good to see the Jetta horde taking shape.

It would probably be good if all of you could share the details on the offers in the "Current offers" thread so that many more people can see it. I'm currently negotiating with a couple of dealers also and will put up the best offers there.

And @iliketurtles, please obfuscate your personal details in the image that you've put up. (Thanks for that by the way!) The Internet is too full of trolls.

In the meantime, could we return to normal programming for this thread? Anybody else think that Hyundai lost a massive opportunity to wean away D-sedan fence-sitters with mistaken Santa Fe pricing? Anybody else considering the A3 sedan which is rumored to be as spacious as the Corolla?

Thanks and regards,
BITF
Old 5th February 2014, 18:14   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
@iliketurtles, please obfuscate your personal details in the image that you've put up.
Crossed my mind, but it's too late to edit now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
Anybody else considering the A3 sedan which is rumored to be as spacious as the Corolla?
I was following the A3 too for a longggg time and I did tweet Audi India after the official reveal some time back and all they replied with was word on the launch date: a mid-year date, with no word on pricing.

Not sure the car is spacious though. I'm going to quote Autocar from their review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocar's review
Audi claims that the A3 saloon has the best-in-class space with more room than the Mercedes CLA, but you still can’t get away from the significantly cramped interiors, which ironically is highlighted by how big the car looks from the outside. Tall people in the rear will find a shortage of headroom and the humped rear centre position rules this car out from being a practical five-seater.
Old 5th February 2014, 21:43   #86
BHPian

Hi, iliketurtles.

I am buying the car from same dealer with approximately the same price. He is not budging on the pricing!!!! Have you got any offers on the accessories? The executive who was dealing with us, resigned. And without him in the picture, I am missing out on quite a lot. Let me know. Thanks.
Old 8th February 2014, 14:43   #87
BHPian

Hi

I have been in the same boat for quite some time now and was confused between the Cruze and Jetta. But looking at the horrible horrible attitude of the people at Volkswagen Gurgaon, I am completely put off. Also, when I test drove the highline variant( I'm interested in the CL) it kept stalling at low speeds in 2nd gear. Is that the case with anyone else as well? Also, I have been trying to have a look at the new model but none of the showrooms seems to have it. This is a classic example of the company losing a potential customer purely because of poor service.

Now I am going with the Cruze since I find it much more exciting and fun to drive and the cabin is a more fun place to be in despite inferior fit and finish and materials used. Jetta was a little too drab and boring from the inside IMHO.

One quick question though, Chevrolet dealers have been telling me that the new car is not available for test drive. For a model that was introduced in October last year, how come they still dont have a test drive vehicle? And some of the dealers also mentioned that the car is being made to order, does that mean the car is being phased out?

TIA.
Old 8th February 2014, 16:40   #88
Senior - BHPian

Hi familyman.

The face lifted Jetta is ok display here in mumbai at showrooms. Try to get a dekko, the new look is striking and great.

When I was very seriously considering the Cruze, I too drew a blank with regards to a test drive. Not one dealership in mumbai had it available, and the one dealership that did have it available (JMD chevrolet) did so only for 2 days before they delivered it to a customer.

Don't know if the dealer is pulling a fast one w.r.t. the Cruze being made to order, but if it is, it's probably because of dwindling sales. Just for the record, I was promised a Cruze in any color of my choice in 15-20 days. I'm not sure it's being phased out as such, but it has received a second facelift, so I'd give it a year and a half, two years tops before it's replaced with something new. I'd say the same for the Jetta too though!
Old 8th February 2014, 20:13   #89
BHPian

Need a quick response from you folks.

The Jetta is on its way but just before delivery there is one big hitch. VIN is of 2013 even though they had earlier given me a VIN of "A 14" meaning Jan 2014.

May not be much of a difference but I do feel let down and sad. Why can't they be transparent!

My query is -

(a) Should I go ahead and buy it after getting some further discounts OR

(b) Simply drop the vehicle and look elsewhere. Enough is enough!

Please help me out in deciding.
Old 8th February 2014, 20:30   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichoudhury View Post
Need a quick response from you folks.

The Jetta is on its way but just before delivery there is one big hitch. VIN is of 2013 even though they had earlier given me a VIN of "A 14" meaning Jan 2014.

May not be much of a difference but I do feel let down and sad. Why can't they be transparent!

My query is -

(a) Should I go ahead and buy it after getting some further discounts OR

(b) Simply drop the vehicle and look elsewhere. Enough is enough!

Please help me out in deciding.
(a)! You can bargain since you have an upper hand.

OR ask for a fresh car, if you are ready to wait..
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks