Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2006, 16:40   #1
BHPian

Diesel car in the range of 5L-6L

Hi,

Could i have suggestions on what diesel car to buy which would be used by the family mainly within city and abt once a month on long drives outside. It would do around 50/60 km per day.

Thanks and regards

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : This topic has been moved to the appropriate section.

We thank you for your thread, and would appreciate you taking the effort to post in the correct section.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 6th July 2006 at 01:00.
Old 5th July 2006, 16:46   #2
Team-BHP Support

indigo/marina diesel : comfortable, cheap to run, tata is gradually improving on all its products, small niggles that you might have to take care of, but then it comes with a much smaller price tag compared to its rivals.

manson.
Old 5th July 2006, 16:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Like manson said, the indigo/marina are the only popular ones in this price range. however, you could also look at the Palio D and Petra D. They are avaiable with Javali motors in Bangalore and servicing is by all the Fiat and Tata dealers.

Another option is a 1-1.5 year old accent/viva Crdi
Old 5th July 2006, 17:10   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
indigo/marina diesel : comfortable, cheap to run, tata is gradually improving on all its products, small niggles that you might have to take care of, but then it comes with a much smaller price tag compared to its rivals.

manson.
with manson mine gave 17 kmpl with 100% A\C on my trip to Agra .
marina is good overall 50K KMs till date only one problem faced which was a broken clutch plate that was replaced under warranty (that was bcoz of multiple ppl using the car ). gr8 VFM
Old 5th July 2006, 18:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Have a look at Palio D too. It's a brilliant car at it's price.
Old 5th July 2006, 20:41   #6

Hey dude pls chk out the fiesta...a bit outta range but nice package.
Old 5th July 2006, 20:55   #7
BHPian

if you can stretch your budget go for the fiesta but then you will have to stretch it a bit too much!!decide on that.
within this budget its either the indigo or the petra.will not recommend the accent crdi as it may be dis-continued from production.or even if the production of the present model continues,they may bring in a new 4 cylinder crdi engine.
Old 5th July 2006, 22:59   #8
Jay
BHPian

If you dont mind a second hand then you can look for an Accent crdi, which you should be able to get at that range... Else indigo is good i heard....
Old 6th July 2006, 00:01   #9
BHPian

man look for a CRDI accent you will find a 2004 model odd 35 000 - 40000 km driven for like 4.5 - 5 easily. i had got my car evaluated some time back and was given similar figures. its without any dents etc etc. you will save lots of money and go for good ICE and leather etc etc. or else indigo is the only option left, i have not seen a single petra on the road till now so not suggesting you that. the TATA car are refining slowly and i am sure if driven with care the car would work good.

Last edited by 200mph : 6th July 2006 at 00:03.
Old 6th July 2006, 10:21   #10
BHPian

Hi Indianrunner,

Please go and check out the PETRA D and Palio D.I am sure you will fall in love with it.
Couple of my colleagues have it and they just enjoy driving it.
Check it out at Javali motors. Fiat is seeling its diesel variants though direct dealership and not through TATA-FIAT showrooms.
Let us know once you have done a test drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks