Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2006, 00:21   #1
BHPian

Wedding gift (Diesel car around 5 L)

Hello all,
I am planning to gift a diesel car to my sister when she gets married. That must be around october 29th.
I wud have checked the options myself. However I am abroad and hence not familiar wit the new releases.
I am looking for a Diesel Car( new) that would fit the budget of 5L approximately.
I am aware of Ford Ikon diesel, Tata indigo diesel, Esteem Diesel?? Palio Diesel, dont remember the rest... any help...

I am sorry if there is a thread for the same stuff.... Please help...

Thank you
Regards
No
Old 13th July 2006, 01:03   #2
Team-BHP Support

Right now the only cars fitting that budget are
1. Indigo(5.5 approx)
2. Indica turbo(4.5)
3. Palio D(5 odd)

Palio D is pretty outdated(non turbo engine with suspect A.S.S) and Indica/go are Tata's and besides that their dicor versions are coming out Nov Timeframe.
So if your need is very very urgent, go for the indigo, otherwise either wait for Hyundai hatch crdi's, Maruti Swift D and Tata DICORs
Swft D may be here by November and if that happens may be your best bet, unless of course Hyundai unleashes the Getz CRDI.
Old 13th July 2006, 01:20   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
1. Indigo(5.5 approx)
2. Indica turbo(4.5)
3. Palio D(5 odd)

Palio D is pretty outdated(non turbo engine with suspect A.S.S) and Indica/go are Tata's and besides that their dicor versions are coming out Nov Timeframe.
So if your need is very very urgent, go for the indigo, otherwise either wait for Hyundai hatch crdi's, Maruti Swift D and Tata DICORs
Swft D may be here by November and if that happens may be your best bet, unless of course Hyundai unleashes the Getz CRDI.

Thanx man,

So therez nothin new as far as now... November is too late..
I wud be lookin at delivery at october beginning....

Palio D is pretty outdated(non turbo engine with suspect A.S.S)
<--- wats A.S.S supposed to mean.. i wont go for a palio coz there is a palio at home.

Wat kinda delivery time does indigo has... 2months?

How can Dicor fit in 5L range?
Wud love Hyundai CRDI Getz...

Anyone has any suggestions on Indigo Diesel...
I heard therez a turbo version available...
I dont like the looks od indigo but my sisters likes it...
Old 13th July 2006, 01:31   #4
BHPian

It wud be a dumb question since it mite have been answered many times earlier..
Any Indigo owners...
Any lady indigo owners..
Sis has issues wit palio being low and too wide..
And specially the A pillar..
Any concerns wit the Indigo.
Current delivery time of indigo.

Last edited by general_neo : 13th July 2006 at 01:34.
Old 13th July 2006, 01:34   #5
Team-BHP Support

Ladies do not generally like boyh the palio and indica. Actually both are pretty similar, but my wife finds palio more uncomfortable than indica. Indica gearshift is pretty hard.
So in the diesel choice indigo diesel will fit best
A.S.S means After sales service

Delivery time of indigo = 2 days to 1 week depending on your dealer. Concorde bangalore usually works like this
1. Day one you pay
2. Day 2 car comes
3. Day 3 RTO Stuff and evening delivery
Old 13th July 2006, 01:45   #6
BHPian

A.S.S yes,
I had terrible issues wit tat when i was in bangalore..
Nobody was ready to take my car(palio) of service....
Finally I had to change the oil, brakes, fuel filter, air filter (service) in a road side garage for 150 bucks...
i thought TATA took care of palio now!

Well that means car is readily available in Bangalore.
But i wud be picking it up from Kerala.
So indigo!!!!

Is that the only diesel car?

Why doesnt anyone talk about Ford Icon!
Old 13th July 2006, 02:33   #7
Team-BHP Support

Ford Ikon D is not made any more. Its extinct. The replacement is Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi, but thats 2L+ above your budget.
Old 13th July 2006, 08:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

Esteem and zen diesel too are extinct
Old 13th July 2006, 08:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

Is Diesel car a must? If not, then I suggest you go for a Getz or a Swift, as they defenitely will appeal more to ladies than the Tata and Fiat products.
Old 13th July 2006, 10:20   #10
Senior - BHPian

Else go for a "Red Alto"... I read in a magazine that ladies have opted most for this car in Red . Jokes apart, Alto will give you mileage like a diesel car due to its tin-box quality and weight (Its a petrol car). In city you will get around 15 KMPL and on highways it will go around 22 KMPL. I suggested Alto as you were pressing hard on Diesel. On top of that you have good service network. For ladies Alto is easy to drive due to its small size...

Palio diesel is not that bad as people used to show it. Though FIAT has not given a CRDi treatment to it, it is likely to get Multi Jet diesel plant by next year.. By next you will see every Maruti diesel car running on FIAT engine, evey Indica running on FIAT engine . I wonder why TATA is so desperate to launch DICOR instead of pushing FIAT to get MultiJet. As usual Maruti will shocase Swift as a pioneer having MultiJet for the first time. Anyways Have a look at "Alto" just for the sake of Diesel like mileage..

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Palio 1.2 Sport/ 13 kmpl/ and it rocks !!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by adya33 : 13th July 2006 at 17:48.
Old 13th July 2006, 10:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

neoonwheels has a very valid point. An Alto with power steering is the best bet for women (infact for anyone in the city). The FE is almost up there with the diesels, without having to pay a premium. It is adequate for the city, low maintenance, cheap spares etc etc
Old 13th July 2006, 10:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone missing out the Marina (Tata Indigo Marina). Its actually more drivable than the Indigo, not to mention better looks and practicality
Old 13th July 2006, 13:01   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
neoonwheels has a very valid point. An Alto with power steering is the best bet for women (infact for anyone in the city). The FE is almost up there with the diesels, without having to pay a premium. It is adequate for the city, low maintenance, cheap spares etc etc
This is true..but also I have seen many ladies drive like crazy in an Alto(No discipline,No traffic sense etc.)...Its not directed at yr sis but when Ladies get an Alto they just tend to drive zig zag zoooom whiff.....I face this every now and then while driving and when I try to figure out who the driver is :....whoppieee,its a female ! No offense meant to anyone and I am not gender biased or smething but this is just an observation...

I think Alto is out of question for the thread starter as ...he has clearly quoted a budget of 5 L and may be it has more to do with status symbol ....havng a base Sedan ?? Bigger the car - Better the gift and especially for wedding gifts - these things play a major role...isn't it?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by adya33 : 13th July 2006 at 18:07.
Old 13th July 2006, 13:12   #14
BHPian

Alto was my first choice!
But as nithin explained, its below my budget! I cant gift her that even if she wants it,lol.
I had taken delivery for a new alto myself last year,it was 4 a friend who did know how to drive.lol!!! I was deeply in love with my santro then.even then liked the car.
Old 13th July 2006, 13:32   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
1. Indigo(5.5 approx)
2. Indica turbo(4.5)
3. Palio D(5 odd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo

How can Dicor fit in 5L range?
neo i guess he was talking about the dicor versions of the tata indica and indigo.

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks