View Poll Results: Your choice?
Audi A3 85 21.68%
Skoda Octavia 164 41.84%
VW Jetta 143 36.48%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2014, 18:29   #121
BHPian

Re: Audi A3 versus VW Jetta / Skoda Octavia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Was this the A3 hatchback or the notchback sedan please?
It was the sedan. Hatch isn't available here. I suspect the hatch has better rear head space.
Old 1st September 2014, 10:33   #122
BANNED

So it's got to be an A3 because our neighbour would think we dont have enough money if we buy an Octavia or a Jetta. But if we buy the A3 he's going to think that we don't have enough money for an A4. And when we buy the A4 he's going to think that we don't have money for an A6. And when we buy the A6 he's going to think we don't have enough money to buy an A8. So let's just buy the A8 and be done with it.

Our neighbour is very careful with his money as he uses a Hero Honda motorcycle.

Auto manufacturers would be really appreciative if everyone reasoned out their car buying decisions so logically.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 11:04   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
If someone tells me they bought an Octavia because they preferred it over an A3, or a too of line City over a Jetta I would simply take that at face value and assume he knows what he wants. I wouldn't assume he can't afford the A3 or in the latter case the Jetta. It would be pretty foolish to think anything but that.
You are right that the choice of car should not be used to make assumptions on the net worth or success of the owner. But it also depends on the maturity of the 'assumer'. Mr. Narayana Murthy for many years drove a well maintained Ford Ikon. Surely that did not diminish him in any manner. Mr. Mallya rode around in a Maybach and is all set to keep Mr. Sahara Roy company in Tihar Deluxe!

But the nice folk who are willing to shell out even more of their hard earned money to keep up with the Jonses pay my salary and bonuses as an automobile marketer. So may their tribe increase. In India in reality there is very Little that a 4 year old Sumo or Alto or {your favourite beat up car} cannot do, that a 15 Lakh plus car does. But folks burn money and that keeps the rat race going
Old 9th January 2015, 02:59   #124
BHPian

Jetta TDI DSG vs Octavia TSI DSG vs Superb TSI DSG vs Honda CRV AT

Hi Forum,

Long post alert!

This is my first post on the forum. I have been following various test drive, review and ownership threads on this forum, and would like to thank all the participants for all the insights they have imparted to me through this forum.

Let me quickly fill you in on my current situation. I currently own a 2006 Santro Xing XL, which comes without any airbags or ABS or any other safety features apart from seat-belts.

Soon after buying the Santro, I left India for a western country in search of exciting work,and came back mid-2014. When I came back I had been inducted into the wonderful world of fatherhood and all my perceptions had changed. One of the first things I realized on coming back, was that my car needed an upgrade, as I started losing sleep taking my kids on the highway in the Santro. So I started reading reviews and considering various cars in the C segment. In that segment I pretty much zeroed in on the 2014 Honda City manual petrol and was waiting for things to settle down a bit before going for the purchase. In the meanwhile, a number of things happened which forced to re-think my choice:

1) I had the misfortune to be stuck in the infamous bumper-to-bumper Pune traffic, and my Santro's manual gearbox could not save me from the despair I experienced. That day I decided my new car has to be an automatic.
2) A certain politician met his maker in a mishap since his chauffeur driver car was missing side-airbags. On reading about this, I decided my new car needs at least 6 airbags, driver, front passenger, 2 side airbags in the front and curtain airbags to protect passengers in case of side impact.
3) When I went to check out Ford Eco-sport, I realized my new car needs to have a lot more room in the back than my current Santro. So the Eco-sport was out straight-away.
4) Recently I went to a week long holiday with family, where I drove to a certain coastal 3-letter holiday destination (I might as well say it ) with my young family. My takeaway from the experience was that I need a car with ample boot space, and also one which can handle awesome Indian roads without a glitch, and glide over the roads.
5) Lastly, looking at the frequency with which accidents get reported on Indian highways, (someone quoted that it was as if a jumbo jet was crashing everyday in India), I decided money was not an object, I had to get the safest, most secure car for my kids.

These factors made me move from the C segment to considering cars in the D1 segment, and later in the D2 segment too. I jotted down the following list of requirements for the new car:

1) > 6 airbags, ABS, EBD, ESP
2) Solid build - high safety scores
3) Stability on the highway
4) Good ride and handling around ghats, as there are a lot around Pune
5) Ability to glide over Indian potholes and rugged broken roads
6) Good boot-space, be able to hold at least 2 big and 2 small suitcases
7) Preferably ability to seat 5 comfortably for up to an hour's drive, and 4 comfortably for long drives
8) Compatibility with car seat installations
9) Fuel type was not so important, as my running is not much, maybe 5-10K KMs annually. But we love long drives once or twice in 3 months.
10) Smooth but more importantly stable automatic gearbox
11) My better half has to be comfortable driving it, so typical SUVs were out.
12) Although we would like to do some off-roading with it, its probably not critical for us for the next 5 years or so, till the kids are kids.

With these requirements in mind I re-thought my plan and zeroed in on the following options:

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI DSG

Pros

- Solid build quality
- Less problematic 6 speed DSG
- Marginally better after-sales (this is hear-say)
- Ticks all the boxes on safety, ride, handling and boot space front
- Paddle shifters

Cons

- DSG only available in highline trim so was around 23 OTR in Pune in 2014. The 2015 model will probably be 1-2 lacs more expensive.
- Only available in Diesel, although my running estimate would indicate I probably do not need a Diesel car
- 4-seater, huge transmission tunnel in the back making middle passenger hateful on long drives
- No test drives available from the dealer yet, I have heard though that the steering does not weigh up as speed increases, as compared for example to the Superb
- It has some noticeable lag when starting off, so not perfect for stop and go city traffic

Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI DSG

Pros

- Packed to the brim with features
- Better looks than the conventional Jetta
- Awesome 178 bhp TSI engine
- Slightly better space in the rear due to the central panel curving away from the passenger
- More boot space - 590 compared to 510 in the Jetta
- Much better than the Jetta for stop and go city traffic, and the engine is tuned to be a lot more responsive
- 22.5 lacs OTR Pune - will probably turn out 2-3 lacs cheaper than the 2015 Jetta

Cons - big ones

- Firstly, problematic 7-speed DSG DQ200 with quite a history
- Notorious Skoda after-sales
- Built on the lighter MQB platform, so not as solid as the Jetta
- Keep hearing about various Skoda dealerships closing shop, there is only one in Pune if it closes down the other closest one is a long way off from Pune
- 4-seater too, although if there is a 5th passenger, he/she will be a bit less uncomfortable than in the Jetta
- I have read in the forum that the various parts tend to rattle in the new Octavia, specially the sunroof, does not inspire as much confidence

Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI DSG

Pros

- Even more features than the Octavia, many child-friendly too
- A lot more space in the rear, so more close to a proper 5 seater
- Better looks than the Jetta
- Probably better than the Jetta in stop and go traffic
- 8 airbags, even more protection for the kids

Cons

- The same ones as the ones in the Octavia
- Cost - Superb TSI will set me back by 27 OTR Pune, so 2-3 lacs more than the Jetta and almost 5 lacs more than the Octavia. I am not sure it is worth the premium
- it does look like a BIG car, I wonder if it will be a problem in a city like Pune, specially since it does not have a parking camera

Honda CRV AT

Wife fancies this car a lot, I have been trying to find comparisons of the above 3 with the CRV and have come back with no real data as they are from a totally different segment. I would be looking at the forum members to enlighten me on whether I should keep CRV on my list at all.

Thanks for reading my long post friends, hoping your inputs will help me come to a swift verdict on the car.

Cheers
H
Old 10th January 2015, 10:20   #125
Senior - BHPian

Hiya Harry.

Your requirements seem to suit the Octavia petrol to the tee. It's combination of safety features, well-sorted dynamics and practicality (read large boot and reasonable space at the back) make it a no-brainer. Heck I almost got one.

The problem is with its availability sadly. I think I've heard of one, maybe two, cases where someone got it in a month. Else the wait is a couple of months. Concerns also arise where it comes to the gearbox, but those seem to have gone down substantially since the gearbox oil was changed. We need long-term reports to conclusively prove that. For now, all is rosy though.

If not that, the Jetta is a solid choice, in manual or auto guise. It's not as explosive a performer as the Octavia, but it's quick, refined, frugal and as safe as the Octy even if it's down on features. If you go for the DSG, it gets even better.

Frankly, I'd go for the Octavia in your place. But concerns over dealership availability and brand Skoda simply can't be brushed aside. You have one tough decision ahead of you.

P.s: the new Jetta, like you said, is coming soon and will be more expensive. I'd say book the Octavia and then keep an eye on how he new Jetta shapes up. I think like you said it will be pricier, which is a frightening prospect.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2015, 12:07   #126
BHPian

Thanks for your inputs iliketurtles. I love the Octavia TSI too (the way it looks and the reviews), however the dealer here tells me there is no chance of getting a test drive of an Octavia TSI at all, as they are produced on demand, and people take deliveries as soon as they are available. I would be a bit nervous buying a car I have never test driven.

It increasingly looks like it is going to be the Jetta HL TDI DSG 2015. I called the dealer on Friday and he said they have started taking bookings for the 2015 Jetta, which would be available from mid-Feb and they should get around 5 delivered per month. So I am planning to book one soon, now the question is what I details I need before I go for the booking, I have the following queries about the booking process:

1) Since the prices for 2015 Jetta are not revealed yet, how would the booking work?
2) By booking even before prices are decided would I lose out on the chances of negotiating discounts when prices finally get revealed?
3) I was going to bring up the following:

a) Tyre change and costs negotiation
b) Negotiating lower insurance price to match the quote I am getting independently
c) Maybe negotiate extended warranty
d) Mention the fact that I would be doing a VIN check, to nip any foul play in the bud

Is there anything else I should I be aware of while going for the booking, or bring up in the booking process?

Thanks again for your time and inputs
H
Old 12th January 2015, 10:37   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
I love the Octavia TSI too (the way it looks and the reviews), however the dealer here tells me there is no chance of getting a test drive of an Octavia TSI at all, as they are produced on demand, and people take deliveries as soon as they are available. I would be a bit nervous buying a car I have never test driven.
Your apprehension is understandable. For what it's worth, I too had booked a 1.8 TSI back in December 2013, but when the stretch began to grow interminable I switched my booking to the Jetta. I too never got a test drive, although I got some promises of one before I was sadly told it simply couldn't happen. They fly off the shelves as soon as they're made, so to speak.

Quote:
I have the following queries about the booking process:

1) Since the prices for 2015 Jetta are not revealed yet, how would the booking work?
You'll have to pay a set booking amount (normally about Rs. 50,000) to "reserve" your spot in line and generally it's an understanding that if you're not happy you'll get your money back with no deductions. Get that understanding in place though, in writing at that.

Quote:
2) By booking even before prices are decided would I lose out on the chances of negotiating discounts when prices finally get revealed?
I highly doubt there would be very many discounts on the car, but you can negotiate on some set items before and get them in place. Generally, a loyalty bonus, cash discount and waiver of a certain amount on the insurance is given, all of which can total up to about 60-70,000. Now whether a discount of that quantum will be given on a brand new car remains to be seen, but you can push for it saying that it was given on the older model too. In lieu of the final item (insurance discount), you can opt to convert a standard insurance into a zero dep one. Try your luck, these are things you can talk about before-hand.

Quote:
3) I was going to bring up the following:

a) Tyre change and costs negotiation
b) Negotiating lower insurance price to match the quote I am getting independently
c) Maybe negotiate extended warranty
d) Mention the fact that I would be doing a VIN check, to nip any foul play in the bud
a) Don't change the tyres from the dealer, it will work out too expensive. Pinpoint a tyre dealer of your choice and get it changed from there straight out of the showroom. You'll get best bang for your buck then.

b) This won't be an issue. With Skoda, they matched the quotation I got from outside, I'm sure VW will do the same.

c) Doubt they'll negotiate it, but try your luck. They'll say "sorry saar, corporate bola itna hai, toh itna hai"

d) Do that, I raised a few eyebrows by saying so, but they agreed to my PDI/VIN-check request, no problem.

Good luck, and hope you get a great deal on a great car.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 12:06   #128
BHPian

Quote:

H
Hi Harry,
I would personally go for the Skoda Octavia. We have a new one in our family and it is amazing. However you will only get the car after 5-6 months.

The prices will increase due to the excise increase unless the government cuts it back in the new budget.

As mentioned there will be a 4-5K difference between each tyre in getting it done at the official workshop or a tyre dealer.

Also I doubt you will get a discount on a new model at all.
kartavya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 01:06   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Your apprehension is understandable. For what it's worth, I too had booked a 1.8 TSI back in December 2013, but when the stretch began to grow interminable I switched my booking to the Jetta. I too never got a test drive, although I got some promises of one before I was sadly told it simply couldn't happen. They fly off the shelves as soon as they're made, so to speak.
Exactly, I would have thought an international brand like Skoda would have figured out the basics of selling by now, have a product ready for trial! Annoyingly, the SA I spoke to about the Superb ( a 27 lac car) on Friday the 9th, is yet to come back to me about the test drive. I think I will probably get a better response if I wanted to buy another Santro!

Quote:
You'll have to pay a set booking amount (normally about Rs. 50,000) to "reserve" your spot in line and generally it's an understanding that if you're not happy you'll get your money back with no deductions. Get that understanding in place though, in writing at that.
I was being told to pay up 1.5 l as booking amount, which I have negotiated down to 1l, but I guess I am still being taken for a ride. I will speak to the VW SA again, and get things in writing for sure. He also mentioned I can select the color etc at the time of the launch and not at the time of the booking, I hope thats true, as I have not quite decided on the color at the moment. Most of us are tending towards white, which though practical makes me feel my age, so I am trying to push it out vehemently (I do love it too though!), so all thoughts on colors would be welcome.

BTW, any team BHPians from Pune? Do you have any recommendations on which dealer is the better one in Pune, out of BU Bhandari in Abhimanshree and Pimpri Chinchwad and Vidyut Motors in Shivajinagar?

Quote:
I highly doubt there would be very many discounts on the car, but you can negotiate on some set items before and get them in place. Generally, a loyalty bonus, cash discount and waiver of a certain amount on the insurance is given, all of which can total up to about 60-70,000. Now whether a discount of that quantum will be given on a brand new car remains to be seen, but you can push for it saying that it was given on the older model too. In lieu of the final item (insurance discount), you can opt to convert a standard insurance into a zero dep one. Try your luck, these are things you can talk about before-hand.
Thanks very much for your inputs here iliketurtles, will report what I can negotiate on the 2015 model.

Quote:
a) Don't change the tyres from the dealer, it will work out too expensive. Pinpoint a tyre dealer of your choice and get it changed from there straight out of the showroom. You'll get best bang for your buck then.

b) This won't be an issue. With Skoda, they matched the quotation I got from outside, I'm sure VW will do the same.
Cool tip about the tyres, any suggestions on reliable insurance providers?

Quote:
d) Do that, I raised a few eyebrows by saying so, but they agreed to my PDI/VIN-check request, no problem.
I am doubtful they can do this on a 2015 Jetta, but who knows fact is stranger than fiction sometimes, so I will be extra cautious and ask them for it. Thanks to T-BHP for adding this to my knowledge base, which I would have been totally unaware of otherwise.

Quote:
Good luck, and hope you get a great deal on a great car.
Thanks I will keep the forum posted as things pan out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
Hi Harry,
I would personally go for the Skoda Octavia. We have a new one in our family and it is amazing. However you will only get the car after 5-6 months.

The prices will increase due to the excise increase unless the government cuts it back in the new budget.

As mentioned there will be a 4-5K difference between each tyre in getting it done at the official workshop or a tyre dealer.

Also I doubt you will get a discount on a new model at all.
Thanks for the pointers Kartavya. The more I think about it the more problems I see with the Octavia as compared to the Jetta. The biggest being unpredictable after-sales-support, if Skoda decides to shut shop in Pune after all. Also there is the DQ200 DSG gearbox, which has not really proved its mettle yet. The price increase is a very good point too, as it may bring the 2 closer in terms of the price difference.
Old 13th January 2015, 11:10   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think I will probably get a better response if I wanted to buy another Santro!
Completely agree. VAG's pre-sales experience is very mixed, and Skoda's is arguably the worst of the lot.

Quote:
I was being told to pay up 1.5 l as booking amount, which I have negotiated down to 1l, but I guess I am still being taken for a ride.
1.5L is just him trying his luck. 1L I can still understand, so long as it gives you first dibs on the car when it becomes available AND so long as it's completely refundable if you didn't want to go through with the purchase.

Quote:
Most of us are tending towards white, which though practical makes me feel my age, so I am trying to push it out vehemently (I do love it too though!), so all thoughts on colors would be welcome.
Why not Silver? The Jetta looks superb in it, and it's a very neutral color, in my eye the most neutral color of them all, white included. If I had to revisit my decision of buying a Jetta, Toffee Brown, Silver, Deep Pearl Black and that all-new Blue would be high on my list. Since you want a practical, grown-up color, Silver would be my pick for you, even more than the white. White can be a bit fleet taxi-ish at times, can it not?

Quote:
Cool tip about the tyres, any suggestions on reliable insurance providers?
Bajaj Allianz and Tata AIG would be my pick, although I'm considering Reliance for my insurance renewal simply because they're very cheap in comparison to competitors. Have to figure out what's the catch with them.

Quote:
I am doubtful they can do this on a 2015 Jetta, but who knows fact is stranger than fiction sometimes, so I will be extra cautious and ask them for it. Thanks to T-BHP for adding this to my knowledge base, which I would have been totally unaware of otherwise.
Doing a VIN check is no issue at all, there are several decoders online, and VW's VIN number is very straightforward to decode. If you need help with it, just ask on here and someone or the other will be glad to help out.

Last edited by iliketurtles : 13th January 2015 at 11:10. Reason: Corrected an incorrect quote tag
Old 18th January 2015, 02:35   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Why not Silver? The Jetta looks superb in it, and it's a very neutral color, in my eye the most neutral color of them all, white included. If I had to revisit my decision of buying a Jetta, Toffee Brown, Silver, Deep Pearl Black and that all-new Blue would be high on my list. Since you want a practical, grown-up color, Silver would be my pick for you, even more than the white. White can be a bit fleet taxi-ish at times, can it not?
Well I have always had silver cars, in India, and abroad. Also somehow I really stand back and stare whenever I happen to chance upon a white jetta. There is something spell-binding about the white color and the clean lines of the Jetta. To each his own, I guess .

Quote:
Bajaj Allianz and Tata AIG would be my pick, although I'm considering Reliance for my insurance renewal simply because they're very cheap in comparison to competitors. Have to figure out what's the catch with them.
Thanks for the inputs iliketurtles.

Quote:
Doing a VIN check is no issue at all, there are several decoders online, and VW's VIN number is very straightforward to decode. If you need help with it, just ask on here and someone or the other will be glad to help out.
Thanks for the offer I would definitely come back to the forum if I need any help.

So, on a different note, I have been reading up on user reviews of the Jetta, and quite a few have come back with the feedback that they have had to replace parts like a burnt out clutch etc, within years of purchase. And in their experience getting spares is a long and cumbersome process, with their Jettas spending weeks at the service centers.

In this regard, could I call upon iliketurtles, aseem, mav2000, abhilashgp and other Jetta owners, who have had the Jetta for more than an year, to elaborate upon their experiences with the reliability of the Jetta, and the maintenance costs?

On another totally separate note, missus and me and have been having some second thoughts about spending 25l on a Jetta DSG highline, as what we really need is a small automatic safe car for city commuting and a spacious safe sedan/SUV for long trips. Thinking along these lines we discussed all possible SUVs in the Indian market and could not come up with an option suiting our requirement and budget, so we decided it would have to be a small automatic and a sedan. Thinking further made us realize we could spend just a tad more than the Jetta TDI AT, and get a combination of:

1) A Polo GT TSI for city commutes - 9 lac OTR Pune
2) A Jetta 1.4 TSI comfortline for longer trips - the 2014 model was 17 lac OTR the last I checked.

What do you guys suggest, are we just fantasizing or is this something we should practically consider? The advantages I see of this approach:

1) I will probably get the 2014 Jetta 1.4 TSI and lot quicker than the 2015 Jetta. Also since I am looking at white, its one of the more easily available colors.
2) The Jetta 1.4 TSI comes with the same safety specifications as the higher end models, so we still won't be compromising on safety after all.
3) I hear Polo GT TSI is an awesome car for city commuting.
4) Obviously, when it comes to cars 2 is better than 1, since me and wife will at some time work at different locations.
5) Both of these are petrol models, and given our annual running, petrol suits us more.

The disadvantage is we may realize Jetta 1.4 TSI manual is actually quite comfortable to drive even in the city, and may never go for the additional Polo after all.

Thoughts please forum members?

Regards
H
Old 18th January 2015, 18:58   #132
BHPian

A very practical thought. Buy the Jetta, wait for 2-3 months and see if you still require a second car.

When we want to buy a car the WANT takes over and somewhere down the line we forget what do we really need. But I can see that you have still not lost sight of your need . So may be you will take a balanced decision.
Old 18th January 2015, 19:04   #133
BHPian

BTW I just checked a used 2012 Polo GT TSI Auto is selling for 6 lac in Pune.

Your call!!
Old 20th January 2015, 17:37   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could I call upon iliketurtles, aseem, mav2000, abhilashgp and other Jetta owners, who have had the Jetta for more than an year, to elaborate upon their experiences with the reliability of the Jetta, and the maintenance costs?
Most of us have only had the car for less than a year, check ownership reviews like vkaul's to get a better idea. My black beauty is up for a service next month, will let you know how it goes.

Quote:
On another totally separate note, missus and me and have been having some second thoughts about spending 25l on a Jetta DSG highline.

Thoughts please forum members?
That's a fair point to make, and one I didn't quite consider because we had a second car in the house and wanted one more that was a jack of all trades. To my mind, getting a TSI will be nigh on impossible right now, it should be available much more readily post the facelift though.

What about considering a used GT TSI? Like it was pointed out earlier, it will be available for a great price in the used car market, and it will leave you plenty of dough to get a manual Jetta TDI. Worth considering?

I'd say wait until the facelift, see the pricing of the new Jetta and then come to a decision. Not much longer to go, so you can bide your time.
Old 21st January 2015, 02:41   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111 View Post
A very practical thought. Buy the Jetta, wait for 2-3 months and see if you still require a second car.
Hi MADMAX111, thanks for the inputs. I am considering the same plan now.

Quote:
When we want to buy a car the WANT takes over and somewhere down the line we forget what do we really need. But I can see that you have still not lost sight of your need . So may be you will take a balanced decision.
Hope so pal, the push at home is still to wait and go for the upcoming TDI DSG

Quote:
BTW I just checked a used 2012 Polo GT TSI Auto is selling for 6 lac in Pune.

Your call!!
Thanks for checking this up, do you have a link for this?

Quote:
My black beauty is up for a service next month, will let you know how it goes.
Looking forward to your first service report iliketurtles, hope all goes well for you.

Quote:
That's a fair point to make, and one I didn't quite consider because we had a second car in the house and wanted one more that was a jack of all trades. To my mind, getting a TSI will be nigh on impossible right now, it should be available much more readily post the facelift though.
Funnily, there is a last white one available at the dealer I am talking to. He is offering a 50K discount on the 2014 prices. I will obviously negotiate more after I take the test drive. I am still a bit concerned about the 1.4 engine it comes with, which is really small for such a big car to say the least.

Quote:
What about considering a used GT TSI? Like it was pointed out earlier, it will be available for a great price in the used car market, and it will leave you plenty of dough to get a manual Jetta TDI. Worth considering?
About the Polo GT TSI, thats exactly what we have in mind, we just have to look for a good deal, any inputs on what to beware of would be welcome. I have never bought used cars, except in the UK, where I used an online service to check if the car was in an accident etc.

About the manual TDI, the dealer I am talking to has run out of TDIs, however a quick check online revealed a price difference of 2 lacs between the TDI and the TSI, do you think its worth the money considering:

1) Germans make better diesel cars
2) Its a much more powerful engine, with a lot of punch in it
3) It would still be comfortline so nothing new there.
4) My annual running would be 7k-10k max, so I am not sure I will ever be able to break-even wrt to the price difference.

I could not find any comparison between the TDI and TSI on the forum, so any inputs will be most welcome.

Quote:
I'd say wait until the facelift, see the pricing of the new Jetta and then come to a decision. Not much longer to go, so you can bide your time.
Agreed, only I may lose the opportunity to buy the TSI. But anyway there are a number of other high-priority items coming up in the next couple of weeks on the personal front, so this process may stretch to the launch of the new Jetta afterall. Lets see!

Most Viewed