Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2006, 21:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hey Udit,

You were supposed to check out the cng lancer. wat did you find?
Old 29th July 2006, 22:09   #17
BANNED

Lancer CNG is not good option... interiors are the same as of existing Lancer no titanium cockpit, alloys nothing; over to it i asked the same question on the Autoshow on CNBC, Hormazd also says go for diesel over CNG, so it is out of my list straightaway...
Old 30th July 2006, 15:49   #18
BANNED

most likely i will go with Fiesta... just have to decided between Diesel Zxi or Petrol Sxi... that is my main confusion now...

Which amongst the two should i go for? considering the maintainence costs and everything , which is better for the pocket?

Share thoughts...
Old 30th July 2006, 17:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78
most likely i will go with Fiesta... just have to decided between Diesel Zxi or Petrol Sxi... that is my main confusion now...

Which amongst the two should i go for? considering the maintainence costs and everything , which is better for the pocket?

Share thoughts...
i think u should go for the petrol sxi
Old 30th July 2006, 19:53   #20
BHPian

30 km * 30 days = 900 km @9.6 kmpl/13.9 kmpl x 46 / 32 = 4312 rs petrol / 2071 diesel. okay i think these are the prices in delhi for the normal stuff. i dont remember exactly. the source for FE is ACI .
you save 2000 rs a month but need to serivce diesel every 5 k and petrol 10 k. check out the cost of service from ford it self and decide for your self. .
Old 30th July 2006, 20:03   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

If i had an 8L budget , would have blindly picked up a baleno for 5.5L after discounts ?? , head straight to arush and ask him to spruce her up with a sweet bodykit , nice rims and some performance mods too .. Dang , if only wishes were horses and wish i lived in delhi ..

Next choice would be the fiat palio/adventure now with the tata backing .. Then the fiesta ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 30th July 2006 at 20:06.
Old 31st July 2006, 14:21   #22
BANNED

I asked the ford guy when i went to test drive the car, the cost to service the diesel would be Rs. 2500/- and for petrol would be Rs. 2000/-.

Seeing the calculations 200mph has provided; diesel seems better for the pocket...

But as some of you have mentioned Baleno is the VFM car, my confusion does not seem to end
Old 31st July 2006, 15:31   #23
BHPian

man now , jus stick to the fiesta , reason its new n fresh . and the diesel is a good option.though u feel lack of power initially , its a fine car to dirve.
were as the baleno is like real VFM great car. but looks outdated the only thing .
Old 31st July 2006, 15:53   #24
BANNED

Man, confusion gets bigger and bigger.... i discussed this with my team here (which is 80% girls); they say take Honda City only... i feel like ; you guys will kill me also.... but i have to ask... is City under 8L? if yes, is it really the best thing to buy?
Old 31st July 2006, 18:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Man, confusion gets bigger and bigger.... i discussed this with my team here (which is 80% girls); they say take Honda City only... i feel like ; you guys will kill me also.... but i have to ask... is City under 8L? if yes, is it really the best thing to buy?
i think its available but not the vtec so u kiss good bye to performance and handling but its great in the city
Old 31st July 2006, 18:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What is stopping you against fiesta tdci?

the crdi mill is able enough and gives good fuel efficiency too. Various owners on the forum have a fiesta petrol and none have complained of high maintainence costs. So I guess CRDi would be good enough too. Dont follow market talk and ask the owners for the real insight on the car.

Othewise look at the aveo 1.6 or fiesta sxi for performance. Both come with either airbags/abs or similar stuff. NHC misses out on these safety features plus the power below 8 lacs. Though its selling well due to the Honda brand name, I personally feel its the only odd car out in the Honda stable (I think highly good of the accord, civic and cr-v)

BE sure of what you need and you wont have a confusion.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 31st July 2006 at 18:57.
Old 1st August 2006, 11:09   #27
BANNED

Thanks for the inputs... just curious what is the on-road price of City VTEC in New Delhi?

Please let me know... on Honda website ex-showroom delhi is 7.86 i guess....

How much is the on-road cost, especially does anyone know of how much is the insurance of this car?

Udit
Old 1st August 2006, 11:53   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs... just curious what is the on-road price of City VTEC in New Delhi?

Please let me know... on Honda website ex-showroom delhi is 7.86 i guess....

How much is the on-road cost, especially does anyone know of how much is the insurance of this car?

Udit
Registration in delhi is around 30k and insurance would come to 28k - which adds up to a total of 8.5L OTR delhi. You can get 5% finance discount + perhaps some further discounts upto 20k.

Have you taken a test-drive of the car ?
Old 1st August 2006, 11:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i discussed this with my team here (which is 80% girls); they say take Honda City only... i feel like ; you guys will kill me also.... but i have to ask... is City under 8L? if yes, is it really the best thing to buy?
The girls seem to have a point here (though I am not sure, what attribute of the City appeals to them).

If you have 8L to spare, and given your driving situation (mostly city, with a rare highway drive), the City is the best option for you. And yes, the non-VTEC model will be easily under 8L in Delhi. You get Honda reliability, best FE in C-seg petrol, more snob value compared to other C-segment cars (see, the girls like it) and a good city car. The looks is one thing, but I guess people get used to it. If you feel you need power too, add some more dough and get the VTEC.

As others mentioned, diesel does not seem to be a good fit for your needs. The 2nd choice IMO would be the Baleno (has power, good on both city and highway, 2nd best FE in C-seg petrol, cheap maintenance), and would leave you with quite some cash, that can be used to mod the car.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 1st August 2006 at 12:03.
Old 1st August 2006, 12:45   #30
BHPian

ya dude, you wont get a VTEC in that price. plus you can save a lot of money on fuel if go for the TDCI and give all those 80 % gals some treat and keep them happy. and yet drive a good car. and if its performance in that price i think go for the fully loaded sxi petrol fiesta. dont confuse your self more , have a test drive again and feel what FEELS good to you. baleno , fiesta or the city.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks