View Poll Results: Elantra GT or Elantra Crdi
Elantra GT 2 5.56%
Elantra Crdi 34 94.44%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2006, 11:54   #31
BHPian

Get the CRDI.

And ofcourse, ever feel the need for more speed, put in the petes tuning box, and you will have a diesel car which is probably faster than most cars on Indian roads, and the best part is, it will still return you 12~13Kms to a litre of diesel...
Old 3rd August 2006, 11:56   #32
Senior - BHPian

The Elantra petrol is quite powerful even if it suffers from reverse sobbery. However it drinks up fuel at about 7 kmpl.

No choice here mate - just go for the CRDi. Plonk in one of Pete's boxes and fry a few petrol egos for timepass.

PS: The GT is a very very basic, stripped down car. Why would you want to go for it?

Last edited by Steeroid : 3rd August 2006 at 11:58.
Old 3rd August 2006, 12:28   #33
BHPian

If you want to go for CNG and not void warranty why dont you look at Optra CNG and Lancer CNG. Both have been launched now.
Old 7th August 2006, 01:15   #34
BHPian

its elantra CRDi for me

After having almost bought the octavia (used), I am booking for the CRDi tomorrow. This despite the fact that the newer version might just release in a few months. I know the newer version will match up to Civic (in budget and features) and it looks like a copy of the corrolla to me so its the current elantra for me. Forget those great reviews as It will definitely be stripped (naked) for Indian launch

Petrol would have been a great choice if not for the fuel prices in India .. FE of 7 is expected in larger cars but fuel costs are not so astronomical in any other country I think.

Neverthless the diesel elantra felt great and I m thinking for leather trims if possible.

Thanks guys for helping me make that decision.

PS: A used CRDi in Chennai is quoted 8 lakhs and sold at 6.75-7.25.
Thats one great advantage as well - a better resale value.

Asif Ali
Old 7th August 2006, 11:59   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azifali
PS: A used CRDi in Chennai is quoted 8 lakhs and sold at 6.75-7.25.
Thats one great advantage as well - a better resale value.

Asif Ali
You guys are lucky being in south in terms of resale. Used cars are sold like anything. Come to Mumbai/Delhi used cars are sold 10 rupees per kilo.

However 7L for used Elantra CRDi is reasonable price.
Old 8th August 2006, 23:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Forget those great reviews as It will definitely be stripped (naked) for Indian launch
Trust me nowing Hyundai and what they do best is give the customer all the features and the Elantra wont be any different it will have each and everything similar as international models unlike Toyota/Honda
Old 17th August 2006, 00:47   #37
BHPian

Got the elantra delivered today !..great car..feels better than the test drive one and very powerful for a diesel car.
The interiors look duller like that of the petrol version but the dealer said both petrol and diesel have similar interiors except for leather seats. Any idea ??.
And, thinking of xenon lights..what do you guys think ?
Dude
Old 17th August 2006, 11:19   #38
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on your purchase azifali, enjoy your ride. Avoid stuff like Xenons etc., for now as they void your warranty. Elantra has good headlamp-foglamp combo and you will find the lighting to be adequate for most uses.
As for interiois, I am not aware of the latest but about a year back the petrol base model did not come with Cd changer etc., and no Traction control/airbags or climate control
Old 17th August 2006, 12:21   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Got the elantra delivered today !..great car..feels better than the test drive one and very powerful for a diesel car.
Congrats dude. And enjoy your new car...
Quote:
The interiors look duller like that of the petrol version but the dealer said both petrol and diesel have similar interiors except for leather seats. Any idea ??.
As far as I know, the interiors are the same. The air quality system(hope that is the name) and the CD changer were the only feature differences between the petrol and the CRDI. And both of these are missing features from the CRDI.
Quote:
And, thinking of xenon lights..what do you guys think ?
I am also thinking of the same, and I was looking for somebody who can pull of something similar to the projector headlamps from this site - http://egt.gwebworks.com/garage4.shtml. And that site is an excellent source of "stuff" you could do to an Elantra.
Old 17th August 2006, 12:56   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Congrats on your purchase azifali, enjoy your ride. Avoid stuff like Xenons etc., for now as they void your warranty.
It would not void the complete warranty, probably only for the lighting system?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Elantra has good headlamp-foglamp combo and you will find the lighting to be adequate for most uses.
Currently I use 80/100 Philips bulbs, and they are pretty good, even for night driving on the highway/expressway. And I had tried Philps Crystal Visions, they are okay for City use, but not for highway use.

Most Viewed