Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2014, 12:04   #16
BHPian

Re: Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs Honda City vs Hyundai Verna vs VW Vento vs L

@a4anurag

I think there's a mistake in the instrumentation console and steering wheel pictures for the Linea. The consoles in the two don't match up.

Nonetheless, thanks for the detailed comparison. Much appreciated
kadanaJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 12:18   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
I think there's a mistake in the instrumentation console and steering wheel pictures for the Linea. The consoles in the two don't match up.
I'll make it clear, in the 'Instrumentation console' versus 'steering wheel' picture the change seen is for instrumentation console hence that is focused more.

Whereas in the both pictures I.e., pre-facelift and post-facelift the steering steel design remains sane hence I used that picture.

Hope it makes it clear now. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 12:41   #18
BHPian

Re: Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs Honda City vs Hyundai Verna vs VW Vento vs L

Great comparison

All we need now is for a new car company to join the fight, study the blueprints of all these cars and make a C1 segment Sedan which will borrow the following characteristics:

Engine: Verna
Gearbox: Vento (DSG)
Ride: Verna (low speed),Vento (high speed)
Stability/Handling : Linea
Brakes: Verna(4 discs), City (actual braking feel)
Efficiency: City
Build Quality: Linea/Vento
Backsteat legroom/comfort: City
Looks: Verna
Headlamps: Verna
Features: City. But 6 Airbags from Verna please.
Pricing: Ciaz
After Sales Service: Ciaz
Maintainence and Spares: Ciaz

Hypothetical, but tasty isn't it?
Starfire is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 12:56   #19
BHPian

Great effort. However, in case of vento, the new version should have been compared and there are some errors in the features of vento. you may need to take a look again.
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 12:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

very nice thread. it's very useful when you have a side by side comparison like this, very thorough. to me, the CIAZ is a no show. probably gonna end up as fleet cars. personally, i wouldn't buy it.

also, like you mentioned, the rear has a uncanny resemblance of the new Honda City's backside.

OT:

CIA Z? like World War Z?
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 13:27   #21
BHPian

Great comparison Anurag . All one needs to compare different cars in one place. Thanks again.

Just an observation though, I guess you have included the pre-facelift vento in the comparison. The current one does offer Dual Airbags and other equipments as standard across in all variants. I feel it would be fair if the current variant is included in this comparison.

Also agree with Ishaan about including the Rapid too in the comparison.

In my opinion, the Ciaz is a decent and competent offering and will sell in decent numbers - given the Maruti reliability and ASS.

Thanks again for a wonderful comparison.
Mahesh Prasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 13:47   #22
BHPian

Thank you so much that is such a lovely pictorial comparison. Which would have taken alot of efforts to compile. Appreciate it!

The Linea is such a handsome and under rated car. All thanks to Fiat for all their efforts.
Old 10th October 2014, 13:50   #23
BHPian

Hey there Anurag!

Just a heads up. I'd just like to post the alloy comparison of the Ciaz with the one on the facelift Verna. I surely feel the latter takes the cake.

Cheers!
Starfire
Attached Thumbnails
Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza-image.jpg  

Old 10th October 2014, 13:56   #24
Team-BHP Support

Excellent efforts Anurag.

There are a few changes to the facelifted Vento like the dual-beam headlamps, dual airbags standard on all the models, instrument panel, centre console, alloy wheels etc. I shall be visiting VW’s showroom here probably tomorrow afternoon so I shall send you the snaps over mail so you can amend them once the thread is taken back to the Assy. Line. The snaps of the old Vento for comparison with the Ciaz doesn’t do it any justice IMO.

The facelifted Rapid could have been a good addition as well but really good job otherwise. Will help a lot of folks who are planning to buy the Ciaz.

EDIT: The facelifted Vento hasn't arrived at the showroom here. My sales manager has agreed to give me a headsup when it comes.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th October 2014 at 14:01.
Old 10th October 2014, 14:07   #25
BANNED

That must have taken some serious effort.
I'm guessing 26 hours.

BTW, I'm just wondering why the Fiesta and Rapid weren't included in the comparison. Is it because you were tired after 26 hours of non-stop work? 'kidding'

The TBhp official review says it is a great driver's car.

Anyways, a BIG Thank You for accumulating all information on ONE page.
MaheshY1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 15:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

Very helpful comparo to get everything onto a single chart. The Linea steering wheel is clearly looking dated.

One small error is in post #6 and 7 where Vento Comfortline is mentioned as base-varient and Vento Trendline is mentioned as mid-varient.
Old 10th October 2014, 15:17   #27
BHPian

Wow...good effort with pic and comparison on the feature and price.
Old 10th October 2014, 15:58   #28
BHPian

Thanks first of all for this tremendous effort and detail. Very useful for a new C2 car buyer like me.

Quote:
BTW, I'm just wondering why the Fiesta and Rapid weren't included in the comparison. Is it because you were tired after 26 hours of non-stop work? 'kidding'

The TBhp official review says it is a great driver's car.
I am also interested in fiesta and rapid comparison
Old 10th October 2014, 16:00   #29
BHPian

I should say, I like the looks of the Ciaz most among the cars being compared here. It has an understated elegance, and the long and wide stance enhances its appeal. The only jarring element in the whole design is that garish front grill. Linea used to be my favourite in this segment so far, but now I have found a new favourite in the Ciaz. And I never thought I'd be saying this, but the Vento looks kind of old standing side by side the Ciaz.

Only if it had a better build and better engines and a better name. Sigh!
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 16:16   #30
BHPian

Indeed a very good effort.
As I am hunting for a car for good one year now, I can clearly say there is no perfect car.
The Verna has become old model and is terrible at high speeds, otherwise an awesome engineered car.
City has been around for 2 decades and kind of tired of the name, no big difference in terms of looks from the previous gen, delayed delivery a big turn off, bad noisy diesel engine.
Vento has always had a sedate look but now it has become dated, though available with a new engine and a good automatic option.
Rapid somehow looks better than the Vento and more value for money, but that gets equated at the service and maintenance, love the european build quality.
Ciaz teased me too much for nothing, wasted pre-booking money, no news of when the car is ever going to make it, top end ZDI+/ZXI+ still has unsorted issues expecting delivery only post feb 2015. The most uncomfortable front and back seat even after having so much space to work with.

Left with a sore incomplete feeling.

What would I like is a verna engine and styling, in City seating and body, with vento sturdiness and quality, Skoda immediate availability, with Maruti service.

They should all consider working together as they are failing to make the perfect machine, time and again.

Most Viewed