Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 12:55   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza

Honda City is the way to go if you want petrol. Ciaz SVHS if you need diesel. By the way Ciaz sprinted ahead of City in last month's sales. With tax benefits and diesel economy and "Hybrid" tag, I think that Ciaz will keep forging ahead in months to come.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 13:12   #122
BHPian

Re: Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza

Thanks Aroy! I am looking for the petrol model only since my runny will be quite low to justify buying diesel. I've also been reading about an updated City this year. That is another of my concern. I do not want to have a outdated car barely 7-8 months after my purchase.
Old 8th March 2016, 18:57   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonorm View Post
Thanks Aroy! I am looking for the petrol model only since my runny will be quite low to justify buying diesel. I've also been reading about an updated City this year. That is another of my concern. I do not want to have a outdated car barely 7-8 months after my purchase.
Check the space in both. If you are comfortable with rear legroom of Ciaz go for it, as it will be cheaper both in capital cost and cheaper to run. As Ciaz is classified a "Hybrid", you may get a respite in case "odd-even" formula propagates from Delhi.

Last edited by Aroy : 8th March 2016 at 18:58.
Old 8th March 2016, 22:52   #124
BHPian

The space in both, City & Ciaz are generous. More so in City but since I will be primarily be driving, front seems to have enough to keep me busy. Hybrid is in the diesel version if I am not mistaken. I am looking for petrol version only.

My biggest concern is whether to go for bigger engine & power (City) or opt for a much cheaper car with lesser power and fewer niggling issues (Ciaz).

The difference comes to about 2 lakhs on-road between the two.

How I wish I could all the features of the Baleno with the power of City
Old 21st March 2016, 16:33   #125
BHPian

Took delivery of the Ciaz on the 11th of March. Silver colour ZDI+. The final decision was between the Creta and the Ciaz, but in the end with a price difference of almost 4.00 lacs between the two I went ahead with the Ciaz. I feel it is worth it and they are giving back 1% of the amount as subsidy from the government since its a hybrid vehicle. The one thing that is disappointing about the Ciaz is the audio quality of the touch screen music system. Any ideas to improve the same. I feel that speakers in the door pads do not give good sound quality. The rear parcel tray has got some kind of metal plate below it, have to check if its possible to fit speakers there. Another thing I have come across quite often is regarding oil change. Should the oil be changed earlier than the recommended kms for a new engine? Like at the first free service around 1000 kms?
Old 5th April 2016, 09:53   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityaya View Post
Took delivery of the Ciaz on the 11th of March. Silver colour ZDI+. The final decision was between the Creta and the Ciaz, but in the end with a price difference of almost 4.00 lacs between the two I went ahead with the Ciaz. I feel it is worth it and they are giving back 1% of the amount as subsidy from the government since its a hybrid vehicle. The one thing that is disappointing about the Ciaz is the audio quality of the touch screen music system. Any ideas to improve the same. I feel that speakers in the door pads do not give good sound quality. The rear parcel tray has got some kind of metal plate below it, have to check if its possible to fit speakers there. Another thing I have come across quite often is regarding oil change. Should the oil be changed earlier than the recommended kms for a new engine? Like at the first free service around 1000 kms?
let me be the first to congratulate you on your new purchase. Ciaz indeed is a very good car and should keep you smiling for years.

With respect to audio quality, I suppose it is the same with almost every manufacturer, save for Ford and Tata which gives better output in comparision. However ford does not have a c2 segment sedan right now; in as much as Tata may not be a desirable option of every person.

Manipulating harness may have effects on the warranty. It is advisable not to mess with it during the warranty period at least.

Indeed you have made a sensible choice, so relax and enjoy your new machine.

Happy motoring.
Old 12th April 2016, 14:05   #127
BHPian

Did the 1st service yesterday. The service advisor as well as the works manager said that the oil need not be changed as the old oil is drained at Maruti itself and the tolerances in the new engines are very tight. Regards to the sound quality there is a MGA sub woofer available from JBL (Rs 17000) and the dealers accessory person told me that they will fit the woofer in my car and give demo, if i am satisfied i can fit it. Anybody has any idea about this? One more thing is regarding the smart play mirror link, i am unable to get the home screen of my Xperia Z1 on the system. It is connecting but is not displaying the home screen.
Old 12th April 2016, 17:25   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityaya View Post
Regards to the sound quality there is a MGA sub woofer available from JBL (Rs 17000) and the dealers accessory person told me that they will fit the woofer in my car and give demo, if i am satisfied i can fit it. Anybody has any idea about this?
17k?? Check which JBL model it is. It probably would cost you less than 6k outside.
Old 13th July 2016, 13:15   #129
BHPian

Petrol Sedan in the 10-12L range

Hello everyone, posting here after a long time.

My dad currently drives a Getz but it is now 10 years old and completely knackered. He's looking to upgrade to a sedan within the 10-12L range. It is going to be used mostly in the city, with 5-6 monthly highway runs. I haven't been paying much attention to this segment in the last couple of years, so I need some help figuring out which cars are good right now.

My dad enjoys driving and he wants a car that is stable and enjoyable to drive at high speeds. Reliability is an important factor as we like to keep cars for a long period of time (>5 years)

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Please mention more detailed requirements: Fuel type, AT/MT, monthly running, and brand preferences(i.e if skoda/vw will do or not etc).
We will be able to help much better once requirements are clear
Fuel type (Petrol) is mentioned in the post title. Per month running should be <1000 km. Manual gearbox is the preferred option, although we are open to VAG DSG options.

We don't really have any preferences in terms of brands, although if any local Ahmedabad owners are able to share their poor experiences with the service network in the city, we may discount those brands.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by nipcarlover : 13th July 2016 at 13:41. Reason: Added more details as asked for
Old 13th July 2016, 13:24   #130
BHPian

Please mention more detailed requirements: Fuel type, AT/MT, monthly running, and brand preferences(i.e if skoda/vw will do or not etc).
We will be able to help much better once requirements are clear
Old 13th July 2016, 13:52   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Petrol Sedan in the 10-12L range

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
My dad enjoys driving and he wants a car that is stable and enjoyable to drive at high speeds. Reliability is an important factor as we like to keep cars for a long period of time (>5 years)
Linea 125 T-Jet, for these reasons. As a Fiat, resale will be poor, but that is offset because you will keep the car for over 5 years.
Old 13th July 2016, 14:07   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
In 10-12 lakh budget, Vento TSI would tick your boxes. Linea t-jet is the only other car with a turbo charged petrol engine.

I gave a hard look at both last month and finally bought a TSI. It costed me close to 13 lakhs in Hyderabad.

There is a similar thread that might give you more ideas - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...-lakhs-12.html
Old 13th July 2016, 14:08   #133
BHPian

Logical decision would be Honda City V variant in you price bracket, but the fun factor ends with high revving i-vtec engine only, it is no where good at high speeds as europeans for sure.

Vento can be considered but TSI will probably breach your budget range. Linea T-Jet is fantastic but for reasons mentioned by Arun is risk decision.
Old 13th July 2016, 14:15   #134
BHPian

I would recommend Ciaz Zxi+ or City. Verna is third option but it is expected to get a major upgrade in 1 year. City over Ciaz if you feel that power is less on the latter.

If you are not fixated on Sedan and willing to stretch a little, Creta 1.6 SX+ is another wonderful car.
Old 13th July 2016, 14:23   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Linea 125 T-Jet, for these reasons. As a Fiat, resale will be poor, but that is offset because you will keep the car for over 5 years.
Resale is not an issue, but long term reliability is. How reliable can I expect the Linea to be past 5 or 6 years of age?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks