Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2006, 14:12   #1
BHPian

Resale value for my Esteem:Worth it?

Hi guys...
Well we had finally decided to change our car....Its a `96 model Esteem vx...Non-PS...with a carb engine..all four door pwr windows nd central lockin...which has done 77k on the odo...paint is in good condition.... .So had asked the maruti true value guys to come and value my car as i wanted to buy a new Esteem itself....two guys came over ..got the car throughly checked nd Quoted 1.10 lac....plus 20k loyalty bonus....so 1.3lac...nd they are also giving me 30k discount on the new car....SO guys...i would want your opinions on deal given to me...whether i should go for it??...or try goin to a used car dealers or somethin?...wel the deal is presenlty on hold as i have asked for some time to think over it.....Waitin for your replies...

rgrds,
angelfire
Old 4th August 2006, 14:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

So you are being offered about 1.10+20k = 1.30k for your car, I think that's a pretty good deal considering your car's age. If you include the discount too you save about 1.60k on the new car's cost & I doubt you will get a better offer then that in the second-hand dealer market. But even then I think you could give it a shot & show the car around to a few more dealers, you never know you might get a better offer there.
Old 4th August 2006, 14:32   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
So you are being offered about 1.10+20k = 1.30k for your car, I think that's a pretty good deal considering your car's age. If you include the discount too you save about 1.60k on the new car's cost & I doubt you will get a better offer then that in the second-hand dealer market. But even then I think you could give it a shot & show the car around to a few more dealers, you never know you might get a better offer there.
Well. . think i wil try the second hand dealer too.....but i`l be losin out on the loyalty bonus if i sell it out there right...lets see....wil keep postin....
Old 4th August 2006, 14:39   #4
BHPian

I guess it's a great deal that you are getting.
Old 4th August 2006, 15:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Great deal dude.Go ahead with it.
Old 4th August 2006, 15:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Its great deal no doubt in it, Varamahalaxmi vratha has more offers so be sure to grab the best offer and think about baleno too If you can afford since for Baleno MUL is giving big discounts as well. Buts its yor choice

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 4th August 2006, 18:27   #7
BHPian

yup its a good deal man. !! jus go ahead and take it.
Old 4th August 2006, 18:35   #8
BHPian

Hey Bro....

Finally planning to dispose te car... That's good..

But checkout the value of the car with the second hand car dealers also before making any decisions... But also consider the brokerage charges you will have to pay them if you strike a deal with them.. Keep me posted about thedevelopments...

Cheers
Sumit
Old 4th August 2006, 22:28   #9
BHPian

hey guys.....took my car to a second hand dealer...nd he quoted just 95k ...so aft goin through all your opnions ...finally went ahead...nd booked an Esteem lxi...the dealer`s also offerin remote locking free with the car....wht more can i ask....I have asked the car to be delivered on 27th...wel the delay`s cause of my mom being particular of gettin the car on Ganesh Chaturthi...so thanks a lot guys...wil keep postin on the updates!!

rgrds,
angelfire
Old 4th August 2006, 22:42   #10
BHPian

Dude..1.2 L is not a great deal,it's an EXCELLENT deal !..go ahead man..!
Infact,I was offered Rs1.2 L for my 1999 Carb Esteem LX recently by a 2nd hand car dealer !..and your car is a few years older than my Esteem !..so,dude,don't miss out on the deal man !
Cheers,
-sr
Old 5th August 2006, 08:39   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on booking the car.

Read around here, research about your accessories. Look around in the city and compare with what the dealer is offering. You have the time to do all this, and you may get a better deal on the accessories outside.
Old 6th August 2006, 06:05   #12
BHPian

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Hey There, You have got a good deal in selling the 96 Esteem...but I don’t thing its a great idea to buy esteem again...Saying so because I did the same mistake...The new esteem(I bought in May 2005) is a dead meat. It don’t have enough (usable) BHPs. They still show it has 90 BHPs but look at its RPMs its 6000!!! My 14 month old car has never crossed 3500-4000 even at speed of 130+. In city it will be running at around 1200-2500 rpms and its even lazy when I need to overtake even at a speed of 70 KMPH in 5th gear with A/C running...it needs a gear shift to 4th or may be 3rd. A/C is not even worth. I have colored all glasses in black and after a drive of 10-15 minutes person sitting in rear seat feels something. The interiors are cheap and the doors are made up of very light metal. Over all today I am planning to sell it at what ever price I can and will buy Accent CRDi Verna in Late September….Best of Luck![/FONT][/COLOR]
Old 6th August 2006, 10:08   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Hey There, You have got a good deal in selling the 96 Esteem...but I don’t thing its a great idea to buy esteem again...Saying so because I did the same mistake...The new esteem(I bought in May 2005) is a dead meat. It don’t have enough (usable) BHPs. They still show it has 90 BHPs but look at its RPMs its 6000!!! My 14 month old car has never crossed 3500-4000 even at speed of 130+. In city it will be running at around 1200-2500 rpms and its even lazy when I need to overtake even at a speed of 70 KMPH in 5th gear with A/C running...it needs a gear shift to 4th or may be 3rd. A/C is not even worth. I have colored all glasses in black and after a drive of 10-15 minutes person sitting in rear seat feels something. The interiors are cheap and the doors are made up of very light metal. Over all today I am planning to sell it at what ever price I can and will buy Accent CRDi Verna in Late September….Best of Luck![/FONT][/COLOR]
Some light on this guys!!!!.....anyone else facin this with new esteems..?????
Old 6th August 2006, 13:53   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire
Dear Angelfire,
Well i have been using ESteems since 1997. Soo far we have bought around 5 Esteems since then since we use them in the tourist sector. It includes a 2005 October Esteem Vxi. Then there is a 2006 Jan Esteem Vxi which i use for my self. I feel there is a huge difference in performance between the Carb and MPFI Esteems. Rohitbagai, maybe yours is a one off case. But i have very often redlined my Esteem which is 6.5k rpm and not 6k like you say. The top whack that i have managed is 175kmph on the the Mumbai-Pune expressway.

In my experience, i have redlined the Esteem at 60kph in the 1st gear, 105kph in the 2nd gear, 155kph in the 3rd gear and 185kph in the 4th gear. The 5th gear will never rev anywhere near the redline since its a cruising gear.BTW, in-gear acceleration of the Esteem in 3rd and 4th gears is not upto the mark when you compare it with bigger engined cars and thats it

If you are satisfied with your old esteem in terms of practicality, then i guess you can safely opt for a new Esteem without any problems, its a very reliable car. i can vouch for that. Agree the Esteem is a dated car, build quality is not a match to the competition these days. But FE, Engine Performance, Spares and A** have been very strong points of the Esteem over the years which are hard to ignore.

And add to it, you are getting a great offer in exchange for your old Esteem. Take care. Best of Luck

Last edited by prince85 : 6th August 2006 at 13:56.
Old 6th August 2006, 14:15   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire
Dont't worry dude. Just test drive the New ESteem and see for yourself if there is a problem

Most Viewed