Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2015, 18:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: In search of a new car. EDIT: 6-12 lakh budget

You have not mentioned the Brio.Is this not on your list ? Boot space issue maybe ?There are plenty of options like the celerio,new Alto K10 etc.For long drives it will better if you had a boot.But if were you i will grab the Punto Evo in diesel form though.
Old 18th January 2015, 19:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I exactly agree with GTO's post. Our running is not much but there are lot of things which are to be considered on personal note; and not everything can be posted as well.

We have i10 with us as of now, my brother has not yet told to send the car back to him. As long as i10 is with us, there is no need of another car. But as soon as i10 goes away, we anyhow have to think about its replacement.

I might just look for options in a higher segment as well - Ciaz maybe. Since this is not an urgent purchase anyways, Let's see how things unfolds with time.
You seem really undecided here!!

Why would you need a City and a Ciaz in the same household? According to you, what can a Ciaz do which a City can't??

And do you really expect reliability issues so bad as to leave you stranded on a highway from an 8 year old Wagon R??

Anyways, to contribute to the question, I'd suggest top end Swift or i10 grand. The ABS and Airbags would any day be worth more than the boot on their CS counterparts!
Old 18th January 2015, 21:09   #18
BHPian

Whichever car you buy and whenever you do so, please keep safety features in mind. Since you want to keep the car for 10 years, imagine driving a car without ABS and airbags in 2025! An extra lakh or so is well spent to keep yourself and family safer for the next decade.
Old 19th January 2015, 08:44   #19
BHPian

I couldn't gauge your exact requirements for the car that you are planning to buy. For 6 lacs, you have laid down options varying from B2 segment hatchbacks to compact sedans. If you want the FTD factor, go for a Honda Amaze. You might want to wait for the Jazz to see if it is launched with a RS version. I would choose the Elite i20 as well if you are planning to go for a diesel pot. Stretch your budget a bit and settle for a more VFM car that will suffice your requirements for the next five years.
Old 5th September 2015, 23:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Re: In search of a new car - 6 lakh-10 lakh budget

So the i10 is now finally doing duty on Mumbai roads and we have our soon to be 5 year old 3rd gen Honda City, and 8 year old WagonR.

From past one month, again, a car buying decision is running behind the back of my mind.

We have thought and discussed following options in the family, but nothing is yet finalised.

The first option is to sell the City and get the new City - petrol preferable but diesel is also our mind. The reason we are thinking this way is because our soon to 5-year-old City will fetch decent resale value as of now - I am expecting at least 4-5 lacs for it and with this I can have another brand new City in my parking lot which will give me peace of mind of running a new car for next 5-7 years at least. If I keep my City further after 5 years, its resale value will dip further.

The Second option is to sell our 8-year-old WagonR and get a Ciaz. WagonR resale value will be around 1.5 lacs as of now. I like Ciaz but not over Honda City. Concern for this option is having two big cars and parking issues associated instead of having the convenience of a small car.

The Third option is to wait for 2-3 years and wait for 5th gen City and go for that after selling both WagonR and City irrespective of their resale values later. The concern associated with this is that there might be marriage in our home that time and financial burden will be even higher that time. So getting car at that time will put too much strain on pocket.

Fourth option and further options are to be suggested by you guys. Please pour in your suggestions, advices regarding the car purchase decision.
Old 6th September 2015, 01:34   #21
BHPian

Why not Polo? Base variant should fit your budget, comes with air bags and has excellent highway driving capabilities
Old 6th September 2015, 14:53   #22
BHPian

Why don't u consider the brio? It has better space than the dzire inside apart from the boot. It is a hoot to drive and gives decent mileage figures. Fits perfectly in your budget.
Old 3rd October 2015, 12:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: In search of a new car. EDIT: 6-12 lakh budget

Two cars are on my mind these days. Maruti Ciaz Vxi and Ford EcoSport 1.5 Petrol Ti-Vct.

Considering diesel also, but due to low annual running <10k kms, I am thinking whether it would be a good idea to spend 1+lac extra and also the maintenance, longevity(upto 10 years in Delhi) and other factors in mind.

While both Ciaz and EcoSport are two very different cars, I like the fact that EcoSport 1.5 Ti-VCT is much powerful than Ciaz petrol. Though, for enthusiastic driving, I have City i-VTEC but once you are addicted to raw power, it is a bit difficult to adjust to conservative driving style and cars

Any further suggestions - TUV 300?
Old 3rd October 2015, 14:26   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Two cars are on my mind these days. Maruti Ciaz Vxi and Ford EcoSport 1.5 Petrol Ti-Vct.

Considering diesel also, but due to low annual running <10k kms, I am thinking whether it would be a good idea to spend 1+lac extra and also the maintenance, longevity(upto 10 years in Delhi) and other factors in mind.

While both Ciaz and EcoSport are two very different cars, I like the fact that EcoSport 1.5 Ti-VCT is much powerful than Ciaz petrol. Though, for enthusiastic driving, I have City i-VTEC but once you are addicted to raw power, it is a bit difficult to adjust to conservative driving style and cars

Any further suggestions - TUV 300?
How about the EcoSport with the 1.0 Ecoboost engine? That is meant to be much more fun to drive than the 1.5 NA engine.

Would recommend keeping the city - yes, you will get 4-5L for it today, and maybe 1-2L after a few more years - but in the long run it would work out cheaper than picking up the new City.
There is an excellent thread on the same which I am sure you've come across:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...rade-swap.html

Instead, replace the aging WagonR would make more sene. You can even look at the Figo/Aspire TDCi with that excellent engine; or go the pre-owned route and pick up a sparingly used Civic or Altis.
Old 3rd October 2015, 20:24   #25
BHPian

My suggestion would be to checkout the delta version and zeta version of scross. You get a car which is as spacious as ciaz with good gc and excellent handling/ride quality and decent power. You also get a car with lesser length resulting in savings in parking space.
vishnurp99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 21:22   #26
BHPian

Ohh. If you can go upto 12 lakhs, better buy a creta. you will get a proper compact suv which is ultra premium and a hoot to drive. Consider the ciaz too.
Old 3rd October 2015, 22:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

You don't seem to want to replace you WagonR with a bigger car, and that's understood as you already have a City.
The next gen City will arrive in '19. Maintaining a WagonR till then shouldn't be a pain.

Else, you may could decide on the new Verna which may launch in the next two years. Or try looking at an ecosport ecoboost.
Old 10th October 2015, 01:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

None of the options seems to be creating an excitement of buying a new car.

Needs to further re-evaluate the decision from the prospective contenders.

-> Maruti Ciaz, though a decent car, does not rovides a wow factor as 3rd gen Honda City gave. Slow diesel engine, unexciting petrol motor.

-> 4th gen Honda City looks too similar to 3rd gen. Petrol engine is same, diesel engine is taken from much smaller Amaze, lacks the outright performance factor as of 1.6 Verna/Vento mill. Already have a petrol City with hardly 34k on the odo. Most probably won't be going for 4th gen City. Might replace Venus with 5th gen City in 2019/2020.

-> Though our WagonR is ageing - celebrated 8th birthday earlier this year in April, the idea of buying another K10 WagonR as a new car just for peace of mind for a new car also don't get the validation from the heart.

-> But the heart still calls for a new car. Need to take decision logically with mix of mind and heart.

-> Planning to postpone car purchase decision for a while and wait for some completely new launches later this year and next year.

-> Toyoya Vios, Honda/Maruti compact SUV, All new Verna/Vento are on my mind.

Do we have any other similar good cars coming up by next year?

I am pretty impressed with Toyota Vios and having a Honda in my garage, I would like to add another reliable car to do duty with my City to remain as a companion for lot many years.

Since I keep my cars for longer periods (10 years average) I would like to go for the newest model and not a facelift which will anyhow be replaced with a complete revamp withing 2-3 years.

When Toyota is planning to launch Vios in India? Also when we can expect complete revamp makeover launch of Verna/Vento?

I hope I am on the right track by not taking decision hastily.

The search continues, let the suggestions keep on pouring from fellow BHpians.

Last edited by bluevolt : 10th October 2015 at 01:04.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 02:39   #29
BHPian

You might want to check out the upcoming Baleno. Nice upgrade from your Wagon R with the reliability of the Suzuki brand behind it. The petrol versions should start around the 6 lakh mark.
Silverfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 22:39   #30
BHPian

Why don't you consider replacing the Wagon R with the new Jazz?

It is not as bulky as a C segment sedan, and is definitely an upgrade from the Wagon R. Especially since you're already a fan of Honda reliability. You could even pick up the CVT with paddle shifters, which would come at an on road price of a shade below 10 lac.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks