Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2016, 10:09   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: In search of a new car. EDIT: 6-12 lakh budget

Unless you need the extra ground clearance to drive over very bad roads, my top three choices of petrol cars are:
1) City SV (MT/CVT)
2) Ciaz
3) Baleno

Don't ignore the S-Cross and don't buy the petrol i20.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 2nd June 2016 at 10:10.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 11:07   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMALJHA View Post
Hi All. I hope it is okay to request for suggestion on my requirement in this thread.
The one car, which you have not test driven yet, which I feel meets all your requirements is the S-Cross. S-Cross will have one of the better ingress in the segment. Its also a very comfortable car for 5 unlike Ecosport, and has high quality interiors unlike Ecosport. Plus its a Maruti, so maintenance is a simpler task.

Last edited by ampere : 4th June 2016 at 20:24. Reason: Reduced quoted content
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 11:54   #63

Thanks landcruiser123 and autorahul
I am going to test drive S-Cross soon. Will share my feedback.
Old 2nd June 2016, 17:22   #64

Did TD the 1.3 Alpha. Would most likely consider the Zeta though.
Felt good. Ample space and high quality interiors.

Vs Creta - Will have to pay less. And FE will be much better.

The only question - would it make sense going for diesel considering the daily running of ~30 KM.

Discount Offered: 10K standard corporate offer. 30 K if I am ready to take a 2015 - 1.3 Delta. And 50 K if I am in for 2015 - 1.6 Delta.
Old 4th June 2016, 13:56   #65
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I need a used car that meets the following criteria. Please recommend some options and whether I should be looking online or offline:

Fuel: Petrol
Engine: Turbo Charged
Transmission: Automatic
Category: Sedan
Maximum Price: 8L
Maximum Age of the vehicle: 6 years

I started a new thread but the mods deleted it & I am forced to post here.
Old 4th June 2016, 14:22   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Hi Folks,
I need a used car that meets the following criteria. Please recommend some options and whether I should be looking online or offline:
There are very few options in turbo charged petrol AT sedan at 8 lakhs. You may be able to get Laura TSI in your budget. The newer Octavia and Jetta would be costlier. Do note that Skoda services may not be the most hassle free.

Its probably more suitable to get Civic AT. Doesn't have turbo, but still ample power, and much better service. It may also be worth looking at the likes of Vento TSi, if they are available yet in the second hand market.

Last edited by ampere : 4th June 2016 at 20:25. Reason: Reduced quoted content
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 19:05   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,
There are some very good deals these days on Jetta TDI or even TSI (petrol)models. If you are fine with the older model which lasted till 2011, you can get a nice automatic for under 5 lakhs with low mileage. Some are even available for around 3-4 lakhs in Delhi. It is a great car and the automatic is the top version. It comes with 8 airbags, ESP (stability control), ABS, EBD, good sound system and hill hold. Look for a 2010 or later model to get the newer steering wheel with buttons and the newer instrument cluster.

Last edited by ampere : 4th June 2016 at 20:25. Reason: Reduced quoted content.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 19:26   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Petrol and Turbocharged vehicles are pretty rare. You'll have to settle with an Octavia/Laura or a Jetta.

Personally, I would stay away from an old Skoda/VW.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 20:06   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
:

Transmission: Automatic
Category: Sedan
Maximum Price: 8L
Maximum Age of the vehicle: 6 years

As far as I know the Jetta in its current form does not come with a petrol automatic. So your only real options are older models of the Octavia/ Laura. Buying a 5-6 year old Skoda is a risky affair as these would be coming with the 7speed DQ200 dsg which had the most failures in that timeframe.

If it has to be turbo petrol automatic, your only real option is the Vento Tsi, but will not be easy to find one. If you are ok with a hatch, maybe easier to find a polo tsi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
There are some very good deals these days on Jetta TDI or even TSI (petrol)models. If you are fine with the older model which lasted till 2011, you can get a nice automatic for under 5 lakhs with low mileage. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Petrol and Turbocharged vehicles are pretty rare. You'll have to settle with an Octavia/Laura or a Jetta.
Did the Jetta ever come in Petrol automatic guise in India? The current version on sale does not come with a petrol automatic. Only the 1.4 tsi comfortline manual. And as far as I know, even the last couple of iterations did not have a petrol automatic.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 20:18   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Did the Jetta ever come in Petrol automatic guise in India? The current version on sale does not come with a petrol automatic. Only the 1.4 tsi comfortline manual. And as far as I know, even the last couple of iterations did not have a petrol automatic.
I stand corrected. I think you are right. TDI is the only option for an automatic in India. Still, a great deal if you can get a 2010 Jetta with say 70K kms for 4-5 lakhs.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 10:52   #71
BHPian

Thanks everyone for the helpful responses.

I am uninitiated in petrol cars, my first car is a diesel turbo so I assumed NA petrols may not be fun to drive. I drove a few TSI cars recently in Tokyo and New York while I visited those cities and I really enjoyed the VW Golf TSI and a few Audi TSI. They don't seem to have a lot in NA petrols there and diesel cars are a fraction anyway. Golf is not available in India and any Audi is out of my reach in India.

Anyway, how does the discontinued VW Vento 1.6 petrol in India compare to the Vento TSI? Anything worth buying from Mitsubishi stable? Even I am not confident about buying a used skoda as the new skoda owners have so many complaints. It's strange that the likes of Honda, Hyundai, Toyota don't have good turbo petrol automatics in our country yet.

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 5th June 2016 at 10:55. Reason: Spelling
Old 5th June 2016, 19:39   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the helpful responses.
Anyway, how does the discontinued VW Vento 1.6 petrol in India compare to the Vento TSI? Anything worth buying from Mitsubishi stable? Even I am not confident about buying a used skoda as the new skoda owners have so many complaints. It's strange that the likes of Honda, Hyundai, Toyota don't have good turbo petrol automatics in our country yet.
The Vento AT is a competent car, but come with a 1.6NA engine and will not match up to the TSI. If NA engines are ok, then you have more choices-nothing really enjoyable to drive though.

Honda, Hyundai and Toyota don't even have Turbo Petrol Manuals in India, let alone Automatics. The only Mitsubishi car available in India is the Pajero. I think there used to be a Lancer Automatic-Again NA, but doubt you will find one.

Why not stretch a bit and go for a new Vento TSI itself? Or if diesel is ok, you should be able to find the Jetta diesel AT in your budget- As already mentioned above by others.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 12:09   #73
BHPian

Yes, at this point the Vento TSi seems to be the only way forward. The three things I am not willing to ignore are Turbo Petrol, Autobox and Euro badge.
Old 7th June 2016, 14:07   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMALJHA View Post
Did TD the 1.3 Alpha. Would most likely consider the Zeta though.
Felt good. Ample space and high quality interiors.

Vs Creta - Will have to pay less. And FE will be much better.

The only question - would it make sense going for diesel considering the daily running of ~30 KM.

Discount Offered: 10K standard corporate offer. 30 K if I am ready to take a 2015 - 1.3 Delta. And 50 K if I am in for 2015 - 1.6 Delta.
Hello.

Have looked at number of options over the last week. And considering two options now.
1. S Cross 1.3 (Zeta)
2. Creta 1.6 VTVT (S)

As mentioned earlier, it will be self driven. And daily 30 KM.

Can someone help me choose one of these?
Old 7th June 2016, 14:36   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, at this point the Vento TSi seems to be the only way forward. The three things I am not willing to ignore are Turbo Petrol, Autobox and Euro badge.
I had a similar requirement - Turbo Petro + automatic. Bought a Vento TSI last week. Too early to say, but life is good with automatic.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks