Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2006, 02:49   #1

Need feedback on Aveo

Hey guys have read raving reviews posted couple of months back about the Aveo, but none off late. I have to decide between the Aveo, Fiesta and NHC and was majorly inclined towards the Aveo before I noticed that there are no posts on this car for a long time and also no pics to look at.

Any specific reason for this?

Owners of the Aveo: please post updated info about this great car....

Last edited by sumwal : 16th August 2006 at 03:01. Reason: spelling
Old 16th August 2006, 03:15   #2

further...

To help you help me, here is the remit
  • Cars short listed: as above (Aveo, Fiesta, NHC)
  • Price range: 6-7 Lacs
  • Maintenance & After Sales Service (A.S.S.) expectations: Low costs (obviously!!)
  • Average distance traveled per month: 1500-2000 KMS
  • Where car will be mostly used (city / highway / rough roads etc): Mostly city roads which are rough (Mumbai)
  • Chauffer driven / self driven: Self of course!
  • Whether the vehicle will be shared by other members of family: No way
  • Any specific requirements from car (ex. Better luggage space, responsive engine, rear seat comfort) : Should be great to drive and be a fashion statement of sorts
  • How long you intend on keeping this car (and how important resale is to you): Resale value is v imp, will not keep the car for more than 3 years
Old 16th August 2006, 09:49   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumwal
Should be great to drive and be a fashion statement of sorts
if you wants this aspect too, then forget AVEO!
either go for Fiesta, or better still go for NHC ZX GXi.

also the best resale value you can get is on ZX only and not on fiesta/aveo.

Aveo is for people who like to drive in a sedate fashion and likes to have almost everything in above average category!

Fiesta might be lacking in some places where Aveo certainly wins, but driveability is one thing where Fiesta is a clear winner.

NHC ZX GXi is one car which is the best all-rounder. My choice.
I have driven all of them personally in delhi for several days, and now can suggest ZX as best of these 3. IMHO, Fiesta comes 2nd and Aveo, though not a bad car at all, comes 3rd, as per my liking.
but it all depends on your preferences.
Old 16th August 2006, 10:56   #4
BHPian

Resale is low for GM/Ford.
So if you know you would be dumping this within few years from now, it's better to buy a car with better resale value.. (but only if you intend to resell, and would get bugged by lower quotations - if not, Aveo is sweet !)
Aveo is powerful than NHC. Fiesta is cool too.. It's a personal choice between the 2.
For me, Aveo is more young, and sportier. But on driveability & handling aspects, Fiesta scores.
Aveo is a good looker, no doubt, but has a Korean ancestry (Daewoo - if that matters).
Go for Aveo if fuel bills wouldn't matter much, and so would the maintenance costs. Definitely Honda has an edge on these two.
Old 16th August 2006, 11:00   #5
BHPian

But if you are driving on bad roads with lot of road-humps, potholes, then City is a nightmare. (if you have more people inside the car). But if you drive it alone, ofcourse, it may be a good choice !! City is great to drive, fuel efficient but not for bad roads !!

Aveo has the highest ground clearance of all these three cars and can be a good option on bad roads. Aveo is also a good performer on highways, than inside the city.

Fiesta has the average ground clearance and good in all other aspects also, except for after-sale service/spare cost.
Old 16th August 2006, 11:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Given ur parameters, I dont think any of the cars tha tyou have shortlisted meet your crieteria. You will have to compromise on something or the other.

However, from your post, u seem to be a person who enjoys driving. Hence IMHO you shoul dlook at the Fiesta 1.6.

The Aveo is plush and has a good ride- but that engine is pathetic! it sounds like an asthamatic person at anything abouve 3000 rpm.

you mentioned fashion statement and resale in your criteria. If you can compromise on that a bit, you can also look at the Maruti baleno and fiat Adventure.
Old 16th August 2006, 12:34   #7
BHPian

Well having driven Aveo for 3000+ now i am highly satisfied with my purchase and decision.

If you intend to sell your car after 3 years then definitely go for Honda City only.

In after sales and resale value GM comes second and Ford comes last.

If you can live with a 'comparitive slow to respond' engine then Aveo is the best amongst all these cars including Honda.

Now you decide for yourself.

Take care !!
Old 16th August 2006, 12:51   #8
BHPian

service wise ford has improved quite a lot its frm my personal experience have a fiesta1.6sxi the car is a pleasure to drive has a stiff suspension but handles very well and the gearbox is also good
Old 16th August 2006, 13:04   #9
BHPian

City ZX is a quiet performer, with style, service and good resale value, IMHO. Think - of the three, it is the only car that is not advertised, yet outsells the other two...
Old 16th August 2006, 13:47   #10
SLK
Senior - BHPian

the only think Aveo does better than NHC is.. sprint.
rest nothing.
I could not sit at the Aveo's rear seat... my head completely touches the top.
and NHC is far more smooth, quite and roomy.
NHC just doesn't rush... thats the only problem.
Don't know about fiesta - didn't ever consider it
Old 16th August 2006, 13:47   #11
BHPian

though all the cars are pretty tight and since u have clearly stated your intention to re-sell aftr 3 yrs, NHC seems to be right for you.
You also mentioned 'style' as a parameter..I dunno what the general opinion is but a NHC is not really up there in that dept. Rather it looks a little weird.
Old 16th August 2006, 15:33   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikantans04
though all the cars are pretty tight and since u have clearly stated your intention to re-sell aftr 3 yrs, NHC seems to be right for you.
You also mentioned 'style' as a parameter..I dunno what the general opinion is but a NHC is not really up there in that dept. Rather it looks a little weird.
Shrikanth, I agree with you completely, NHC does look a bit weird to me and having recently driven a rented Honda Jazz here (a shorter cousin of the Indian NHC), was not impressed at all. The handling was poor at high speeds, though found it pretty spacious. Did close to a 1000 miles over 4 days and was not really glad with the expereince.

Have not had a chance to see the Fiesta and the Aveo in person (!!) but get an impression that Aveo scores clearly on the looks. On all other counts there is a major difference of opinion between different posts.
Old 16th August 2006, 15:46   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit
Well having driven Aveo for 3000+ now i am highly satisfied with my purchase and decision.

If you intend to sell your car after 3 years then definitely go for Honda City only.

In after sales and resale value GM comes second and Ford comes last.

If you can live with a 'comparitive slow to respond' engine then Aveo is the best amongst all these cars including Honda.

Now you decide for yourself.

Take care !!
Namit,

As said in my initial post I am majorly inclined towards the Aveo. So you are the man to give me most of the inputs. To start with something I am sure you have answered in some earlier posts: (for the record) what is the FE you get in city driving and on Highways?

Also, as you mentioned about resale value, any idea if dealers in India have started entering into buy back agreements with retail customers at the time of sale. I know for sure that they already do it with Corporates...
Old 16th August 2006, 16:39   #14
BHPian

sumwal,
you found namit's reply better coz you already made up your mind and his choice is same as yours.

but if you needs to compare one thing with others, you have to look at others too!
kindly read all replies once again. everyone has tried to give their valuable inputs regarding all the aspects mentioned by you.

Last edited by revharder : 16th August 2006 at 16:41.
Old 16th August 2006, 17:12   #15
BHPian

Hi ! ! !

I happen to go through everybody's input.... As said in my previous posts, Aveo is better than Fiesta and NHC in 1.4. But, under performs in 1.6 ... So you have to first drive and see what is the kind of cc you are inclined towards. In my other posts I have extensively written on my experience (My Report as well as my accident of Aveo), from this you will get more info on the spare parts and FE. My opinion to you would be:
1. First Test Drive all the three options. Look for the points that you have given. When Test Driving the car please give your ratings n the various points you have jotted.
2. FE also depends on the way you drive.. So with a difference of 2-3 kpl in these 3 options of cars it will not matter much.

* This is how I short-listed the cars and came to a conclusion....
** The above said points are ONLY my personal opinions.....;-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks