Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2006, 23:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd
We're pretty much set on the Honda City MT as the first choice. So that leaves about 9L for a second vehicle.

It doesn't have to be a saloon, but I dont see a refined SUV at that price. Storage space is a must, so hatchbacks are out of the question. How much do Innova's cost? And is the diesel Innova decently quick?

Choice would have been a Fusion, but now they've removed the top end version with ABS. As I said safety is a big concern and we want ABS as well as airbags.
HOnda civic M/T is a good choice.

For the rest at 9 lacs

C+

Cedia Select with ABS and Airbags is safe and reliable
Elantra GTi are available
Chevrolet optra 1.6 comes with ABS and airbags (Do check)

For C

Ford Fiesta TDCI makes sense.
Chevrolet Aveo comes with safety features

For SUV/MUV class
Tata safari Petrol/Diesel comes with ABS and airbags.

Rear seat comfort is the best in class. RIde is good but Handling for this behemoth is good.
Old 20th August 2006, 01:43   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

You would not have to look at the C- segment for your second car... Heres how....You get the Toyota Corolla(currently on heavy discounts) and the Octavia TDi.
Old 20th August 2006, 10:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
We're pretty much set on the Honda City MT as the first choice. So that leaves about 9L for a second vehicle.

It doesn't have to be a saloon, but I dont see a refined SUV at that price. Storage space is a must, so hatchbacks are out of the question. How much do Innova's cost? And is the diesel Innova decently quick?

Choice would have been a Fusion, but now they've removed the top end version with ABS. As I said safety is a big concern and we want ABS as well as airbags.
I suppose that's a Civic MT, not a City Innova diesel should be quick enough for a MUV and you get truckloads of space with Camryish interiors. Do take a testdrive. Other options could be a Dicor EX or a Tavera Neo.
Old 20th August 2006, 11:23   #19
BHPian

Honda Civic AT definitely.Then a Verna CRDi maybe. But the cost might just spill over.
Old 20th August 2006, 12:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey
I suppose that's a Civic MT, not a City Innova diesel should be quick enough for a MUV and you get truckloads of space with Camryish interiors. Do take a testdrive. Other options could be a Dicor EX or a Tavera Neo.

Yes, sorry.. my mistake.. Honda Civic MT is the one.

And an Innova test-drive is lined up.

BTW.. doesn't everybody just love going on test-drives?
Old 20th August 2006, 13:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My family wants to purchase 2 cars for a total of no more than 20L. This would probably be one C+ segment car (considering Honda Civic, Skoda Octavia) and one C- segment car (Ford Fusion/Fiesta, Chevy Aveo etc).

Any ideas of possible combinations? Please include your choices, with specific models and their associated on road prices (eg. Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq SXi - 9.4L). I was thinking one petrol and one diesel would be a good idea. Priorities include safety (ABS, airbags) and good after sales service.

Thanks in advance.
IMO this seems a kinda funny way to decide cars .. I mean you are starting on a decision making process with a budget but without specifying requirements ..

If the same requirements could be met in 15L .. why not .. or you may also decide to stretch your budget based on requirements.

Having said that, Yes, your way is definately a good idea in case you have won a lottery or have been gifted 20L and now want 2 cars ..

it's like on burdays aunties give you 800 rupees and say .. buy yourself 2 music cd's ..
Old 20th August 2006, 14:44   #22
BHPian

Good observation manveet and i agree the purpose requires to be more specific than a budget. Well within 20 L there can be all sort of combinations but the purpose decides the final.
Old 20th August 2006, 18:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet
IMO this seems a kinda funny way to decide cars .. I mean you are starting on a decision making process with a budget but without specifying requirements ..
I thought the original poster did specify some requirements in the post. Here is an excerpt from the first post.

I was thinking one petrol and one diesel would be a good idea. Priorities include safety (ABS, airbags) and good after sales service.

Everyone wants to buy the best they can afford. Going by your logic the original poster would end up buying Maruti Swift as the petrol car but since he can afford better, he is going for Honda Civic MT.
Old 20th August 2006, 18:51   #24
Team-BHP Support

civic MT, and a corolla (if the discounts are deep enough) or a tdci fiesta

manson.
Old 20th August 2006, 19:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend a CIVIC M/T & a Innova Diesel should solve all purposes of yours I guess!!
Old 20th August 2006, 19:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

Innova diesel and honda civic m/t seems a fairly popular choice[rightly so] .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks