I would vouch for Adventure...as petra these days looks outdated
whereas Adventure can always have eyes rolling & its VFM too

Cheers
Old 22nd August 2006, 16:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar
Hi,

I am thinking of buying a car where I can get a driving pleasure spcially on highways. I am also looking for a car which I can drive on urban roads. I should not regret while driving on Pothhole etc.

I am looking for a car with neccessary features like Power steering, power windows, AC.

I have shortlisted Petra 1.6 and Adventure 1.6 becuase of the aggressive price and solid build and Looks. I have taken test ride of Adventure in city, driven on pothholes. And very much like its handling over pothholes, feels like there were no pothholes at all.
Quote:
I am also considering low on maintanance. As I heard Fiat's part are cheaper.

Yet to take test ride of Petra.

Earlier I was almost finalized on Petra 1.6. But when I see the price difference of both the vehicles there were minor diff in price about 20000/-.

I am little bit concern on mileage too. Below I have calculated my running on highway and city and fuel cost per year.

Adventure :
Total 8000 KM in one year on highway at 12 KMPL at 55 Ru PL = 36666/-
Total 6000 KM in one year in city at 9 KMPL at 55 Ru PL = 36666/-
Total Fuel Cost per Year 73332/-

Petra :
Total 8000 KM in one year on highway at 14 KMPL at 55 Ru PL = 31428/-
Total 6000 KM in one year on highway at 11 KMPL at 55 Ru PL = 30000/-
Total Fuel Cost per Year 61428/-

My question is, shall I consider this little difference on Fuel while go for Petra. Or shall I go for Adventure ? Next week I am going to test drive Petra too. Dealer told me suspension of Petra is also good.

whatever u choose, both these are great cars...but iam not sure that the fiat's parts are cheap...i think we can get some opinions from long term fiat users here regarding the price for spares.
Old 22nd August 2006, 16:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

Yes, he is right!
Fiat spare prices are at par with Maruti's prices, and in some cases cheaper than Maruti!
Old 22nd August 2006, 17:22   #19
BHPian

Finny, I would like to have your friend's contact number. Everyone is suggesting Adventure because of its Presence On Road and Off Road handling capability, which I require. But I think Petra's 500 Litter boot space is also enough to take care of bags. And if Petra is able to take care of Off Roads, I can go for it. Becuase I think Petra is quicker on highway than Adventure. I am going for Adventure only because of its Off Road handling capability but I want quicker car as well and my budget is upto 6 Lakh.
Old 22nd August 2006, 20:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Pavan, I have PM'ed you my friend's Contact No. Good luck!
Old 23rd August 2006, 15:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Pavan, I have PM'ed you my friend's Contact No. Good luck!
Hi Finny,

Due to popup blocker i was not able to get contact number. Will you send it again plz ?
Old 23rd August 2006, 15:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Pawan, send me your mail-id? Will mail it to you....Cheers!
Old 24th August 2006, 20:11   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

500 litres of boot space can disappear in a flash when you are travelling. Carrying some stuff on the roof can be cumbersome ..
Old 8th October 2006, 19:46   #24
BHPian

I don't know if you have already got your new car, but since I just found this thread, let me repeat what the dealer told me about the Adventure- its Pirelli's have great grip and are more advanced than Petra's, being tubeless. But a word of caution he added was that these tyres are very soft compound and do not last over 20000km. That is an expensive bet, if you ask me.
Old 10th October 2006, 04:01   #25
BHPian

so another fiat v/s fiat thread, good to know ppl r showing interest in these machines.

pawan, having gone through similar deliman, here are my suggestions hope they will help.

1) adventure will give you exclusivity, which petra might not give you , i mean you can have the pleasure of jaw dropping expression when you will park your vehicle, many costlier cars do not command that respect. i think if you will go for adventure its going to be a decision more from the heart.

2) i dont have any idea about petra, but all i can say its more of a practical choice not a big show off, but will surprise you and fradually win your heart.

either way you can not go wrong, its your take heart or mind ?

cruel isn't it, but thats what fiat do to poor us.

al d best
Old 10th October 2006, 09:53   #26
BHPian

Pawan,
I was in your kind of a quandrary till some time back.
I had been deliberating for quite some time between the Palio 1.6 and the Petra ELX. I never considered the Adventure since I am not keen on the Stationwagon look. I had been using common sense and favouring the Palio since I do not really need the boot, but my wife was impressed with the Petra. The more I thought about it, I kept remembering how initially, I used to feel hatches were incomplete (simply because all the cars I had seen since childhood invariably had boots). While I do not feel completely that way now, when you sit and think too much, all kinds of thoughts come to mind.
Come to think of it, the Petra is a handsome car, something bullish and tough guy-ish about it. So, my wife has swayed me in favour of the Petra and I am booking one this week.
I do not know if this helps you in any way, but just wanted to tell you that the Petra is a great car to drive.
Old 10th October 2006, 12:29   #27
BHPian

Adventure would be my choice. Its got more space inside than Petra and is absolute VFM for the price. That butch looks comes free with it too.
Old 10th October 2006, 12:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club
1) adventure will give you exclusivity, which petra might not give you , i mean you can have the pleasure of jaw dropping expression when you will park your vehicle, many costlier cars do not command that respect. i think if you will go for adventure its going to be a decision more from the heart.
With the current sales of Fiat, any Fiat car will give you exclusivity. LOL
Old 11th October 2006, 00:09   #29
BHPian

Quote:
With the current sales of Fiat, any Fiat car will give you exclusivity. LOL
let me admit smart oneliner buddy, but on a serious note yes being a owner of this car certainly command more attention then many similar or even higher priced cars.
when i went to book palio, their was a black adventure on display at Fortune, and guys how i avoided the "eye contact" i know, had i looked at it for lil more time i would have booked one.
Old 11th October 2006, 09:39   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club
let me admit smart oneliner buddy, but on a serious note yes being a owner of this car certainly command more attention then many similar or even higher priced cars.
when i went to book palio, their was a black adventure on display at Fortune, and guys how i avoided the "eye contact" i know, had i looked at it for lil more time i would have booked one.
I know the feeling. In fact if the Adventure was out at the time I was looking for a car, I would have had it instead of the Petra.

P.S. Congrats on your to be acquisition.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks