Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2017, 22:29   #46
BHPian

Re: Which VW Vento DSG - TDI or TSI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
They even discontinued the 1.4 TSI Octavia recently.
If I am not wrong, 1.4 TSI is very much there in the newly launched Octavia. Please check.

Also check with VW dealers for some left over stock of 1.4 TSIs. You might be lucky.
sups is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 22:33   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post

Also check with VW dealers for some left over stock of 1.4 TSIs. You might be lucky.
You mean Skoda Octavia right? VW had a 1.4TSi in India?
Old 20th August 2017, 23:13   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
You mean Skoda Octavia right? VW had a 1.4TSi in India?
Sorry, I meant 2016 manufactured 1.4 TSI Jetta leftover stocks.
sups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 23:19   #49
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 21st August 2017 at 10:26.
Old 8th January 2018, 14:12   #50
BHPian

I’m confused between vento tsi and rapid tdi dsg. My average monthly run is around 2300-2500 kms. Due to horrible service with my VW polo, my heart goes with skoda. But rapid doesn’t have a tsi!
nidhinsarath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 14:16   #51
Senior - BHPian

Go for the Rapid DSG, it will please your eyes and pocket too. It is highly fuel efficient and one of the best automatics in its segment.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 02:14   #52
BHPian

Go for the Rapid TDI DSG. It’s a wonderful engine mated to an awesome DSG. I think all those issues with the DQ200 gearbox have been sorted out by VW. Hopefully! Plus on Rapid, Skoda offers a better interior than in Vento and more stylish exterior IMHO.
Old 30th July 2018, 15:16   #53
BHPian

I did test drive of both TSI and TDI DSG on Sunday. One Vento and other Rapid. Both drives were about 10 km long on highway. Somehow I felt Vento TSI pulled better compared Rapid.

I had put the same question on one of the other thread earlier. I am looking for a car that will give some kind of push in the seat feeling. In this aspect, I feel TSI is better compared to TDI. This time I tried both the cars in sport mode and with pedal to the floor mode. TDI had the pull but the TSI exceeded it. I am clueless how 175 Nm is better than 250 Nm.

My running is around 1000 k per month so diesel per se doesn't make big economic sense. But in the looks department, Rapid fared better than Vento hence the dilemma.
shipnil is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 20:25   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I did test drive of both TSI and TDI DSG on Sunday. One Vento and other Rapid. Both drives were about 10 km long on highway. Somehow I felt Vento TSI pulled better compared Rapid.

I had put the same question on one of the other thread earlier. I am looking for a car that will give some kind of push in the seat feeling. In this aspect, I feel TSI is better compared to TDI. This time I tried both the cars in sport mode and with pedal to the floor mode. TDI had the pull but the TSI exceeded it. I am clueless how 175 Nm is better than 250 Nm.

My running is around 1000 k per month so diesel per se doesn't make big economic sense. But in the looks department, Rapid fared better than Vento hence the dilemma.
After two years and 9000 kilometres with a Vento TSI. Here's what I have to say.

1. The TSI shines only when its driven with a heavy right foot. Under normal circumstances the driving experience is almost the same as the TDI. Yes the TSI is a bit more faster but the rush could be because of the engine that's revving higher & quicker along with a sweeter note. It's fun but you're (probably) not going to be doing kickdowns all the time.
2. The engine will feel a little strained when the car is fully loaded (5 people + luggage). Not a deal breaker but you'll miss the extra torque of the TDI here.
3. TDI offers great mileage. TSI is a drinker if you play with it. Trust me you'll want to play a lot! Not much of an issue since your monthly usage isn't much.

Its very much a head vs heart decision here and you can't go wrong with both these cars. If this is going to be your only car/primary car then I'd say you go for the TDI just because its a more sensible and VFM choice. If you can sacrifice some of that sensibility for a mod friendly, angry little engine and a load of fun then TSI is the way to go.

Cheers!
TSIboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 11:54   #55
BHPian

Go for the TSi. There is a huge difference between how a petrol engine and a diesel engine revs. See, the only reason that some diesel cars are somewhat fun to drive is that their petrol counterparts are punny 1.2L N.A. engines, tuned to extract most F.E. eg. Ford Aspire, VW Ameo, Honda WRV and many many more.
Here, this is not the case anymore. The TSi is an state of the art machine. It combined with the DSG is just so much fun and stress free on those long drives at the same time.
Both these engines are capable of doing much more than what VW has tuned them to. Get it remapped and the performance will be unmatched.
Only if your running was high, like 1500+ KMs, the diesel would make sense. Yes, it will fetch you like 50k to 1L more when reselling but that will be perhaps 7-8 years from now. That amount is like nothing in true financial sense and it doesn't make sense to compromise on your ownership and driving experience for 7-8 years, does it?
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 16:12   #56
BHPian

Hi, just wanted to ask you guys if this is the right time to go for a Vento TSI. My dad wants to exchange his old Vento petrol manual for a TSI. He just loved the present car. He has had no issues or niggles except for regular maintenance. His average running is well below 7000 kms a year so a diesel would make no sense.
But I am scared with just the two airbags in the Vento and no amount of coaxing would make him even look at the Yaris . My main queries being
1. Will the Rapid make sense in the TDI+DSG avatar (because it has 4 airbags)
2. I've been hearing that Polo and Vento both may undergo a slight refresh. Any chance Volkswagen will give it 4 airbags ? Should we wait ? Or just buy it in Jan with discounts ? I just can't take a decision. Any input is welcome.
Thank you in advance.
Old 7th December 2018, 16:36   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
..But I am scared with just the two airbags in the Vento..
2. I've been hearing that Polo and Vento both may undergo a slight refresh. Any chance Volkswagen will give it 4 airbags ?..
Vento with 4 airbags has already been launched/announced. Its only available in the top trim- Highline Plus. Just check if the dealer has it or can get it from plant.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 7th December 2018 at 16:40.
vvrchandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 17:02   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Vento with 4 airbags has already been launched/announced. Its only available in the top trim- Highline Plus. Just check if the dealer has it or can get it from plant.
Thank you so much ! I never knew ! And the SA we contacted didn't even mention this. This makes the decision making so much simple. We were planning on getting the HL plus version too. Thanks again !
kraken is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 17:43   #59
BHPian

Does anyone know if VW is planning to launch a facelift of the Vento in 2019? I ask because I see a bunch of "experts", like the one below, wildly speculating an imminent launch.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/volkswagen-ve...ndered-launch/
Old 2nd February 2019, 14:50   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
Does anyone know if VW is planning to launch a facelift of the Vento in 2019? I ask because I see a bunch of "experts", like the one below, wildly speculating an imminent launch.
There isn't going to be a facelift anymore as the Virtus (next-generation Vento) is already launched in some markets. Rumour has it VW will be bring it here in 2020. But in typical VW fashion, expect special editions of the current car.
The rendering in the link is of the Virtus sedan. Attaching some pictures of the same.

Which VW Vento DSG - TDI or TSI?-qr705carvirtus2004.jpg

Which VW Vento DSG - TDI or TSI?-qr705carvirtus2192.jpg

Which VW Vento DSG - TDI or TSI?-qr705carvirtus2252.jpg
TSIboy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed