Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2006, 11:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

airfoil, I think merc was behind teh CRDi tech. Correct me if I am wrong.

Palio buyers check thsi thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d=1#post283312

and teh 1.2 was quoted at 5lac plus in one mag and 3lac plus in another. I am not sure abt the availbility of teh 1.2 Petra though and havent seen one too. With the new discounts 1.6 would be da best buy of the lot.
Old 30th August 2006, 15:28   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil
Fiat pretty much invented CRDi technology. So then, why, oh why? didn't they offer that technology in their initial diesel offerings in India to begin with??? I daresay their sales charts would have read a whole lot differently if they did. So much for their directly or indirectly introducing their 1.3 CRDi offering in a whole bunch of cars in the near future.

Good things come to those who wait obviously doesn't apply in this case. Fiat continues to offer a normally aspirated 1.9D while the rest of the world has seemingly moved on.

Bajaj, anyone?
I agree with you completely.Infact,apart from the usual FIAT woes that we are all so familiar with,I believe its the engines that have caused the downfall for FIAT here.From the very beginning,their engines have been either about performance or mileage.There is'nt a single engine in their lineup that has a good mix of both.
FIAT should have launched the 85bhp 1.4 FIRE engine when Palio was launched,or atleast the 1.2 80bhp 16 valve engine.These engines would have been perfect for a good start.They should have followed up with the MULTIJET diesel.FIAT's success would have been inevitable.(Yes,FIAt pioneered CRDI tech).And the 1.6 would nicely complete the engine lineup for FIAT.
Frankly,I quite like the present diesel.Its decent if not high tech.
Hopefully,we get to drive some high tech diesels from FIAT in future.And as far my signature goes,dont know when and if any of those cars will be here to give us "driving orgasm".Ok lets get back to the FIAT Petra 1.2 for now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks