Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2006, 14:25   #1
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to purchase the petra 1.6 ELXPS in pune. I have visited the Jay-Vijay motors for a test drive and i have heard the following:

1. The fuel efficiency is around 12-13 kmpl in city with a/c and 14-15 kmpl on highways. Is this true?

2. The price difference between ELPS and ELXPs model is around 74,000/. Is this justifyable?

3. Could anyone shed some light on the discount factor for the car? he offer me a price of around Rs. 516000/- for ELPS and Rs. 590000/- for ELXPS.

4. Can anyone give the comparison of the maintenance cost of fiat (petra) with the same segment of other cars (Baleno, flair, accent) ?

Thanks in advance.

Vj.
Old 2nd September 2006, 19:53   #2
BHPian

VJ,

I haven't heard of ELXPS so far, but my queries to Anroop, Hyd a year back for ELPS outlined that on road prices were in the range of 5.5 on road, bear mind in hyd we have abt 50k on tax itself.

Thanks
Old 3rd September 2006, 03:47   #3

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

the petra would not return more than 9-10 with ac in the city.12-13 is a little optimistic.the difference between elps and elxps is that the elps doesnt have power windows,electrically operated side view mirrors,reading lights,fog lights,tilt steering,alloy wheels,spoiler,central locking.yes the price difference is justified considering the amount of kit you get for taht money.
Old 3rd September 2006, 12:13   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
the petra would not return more than 9-10 with ac in the city.12-13 is a little optimistic.the difference between elps and elxps is that the elps doesnt have power windows,electrically operated side view mirrors,reading lights,fog lights,tilt steering,alloy wheels,spoiler,central locking.yes the price difference is justified considering the amount of kit you get for taht money.
Petra ELPS does have Power windows and powersteering and central locking, I have a ELPS,2005 model having all that

I think a difference of 40k is justifiable, Not sure if price of 74k difference is OK.

Fuel efficiency: You will get 9-10kmpl in city with 100% AC( till first Service), It will increase gradually to 10-11kmpl in city after that.
You can get 14-15 on highways.

cheers
Old 3rd September 2006, 16:50   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive
Petra ELPS does have Power windows and powersteering and central locking, I have a ELPS,2005 model having all that
I think a difference of 40k is justifiable, Not sure if price of 74k difference is OK.
GreatDrive:Until mid\end 2005 Petra came in only Trim(EL),when its Ex-show room price was less than 5 lacs.
Later Fiat,stripped down EL(Now it has only PowerSteering)and launched the ELX which has Powered Windows\Mirrors,Alloys,Spoiler,Adjustable steering,fogs,central locking,defogger etc.The 74K price tag is defly justifiable.

VJ:Please check the models they are offering to you.I had also enquired with Jay-Vijay.They were giving offers upto 60K for petra.But these care are pre TATA-Fiat alliance.means,they have lied idle for 5-6 months.If you want a August 2006 model vehicle,they will not give this discounts.This was told to me by Sandeep,Jay-Vijay sales person.So please check this one again

Regards,
Jraj
Old 4th September 2006, 23:07   #6

i am danny petra gives 8 to 9 in city & highways i get 15 to 16
Old 5th September 2006, 01:05   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj
GreatDrive:Until mid\end 2005 Petra came in only Trim(EL),when its Ex-show room price was less than 5 lacs.
Later Fiat,stripped down EL(Now it has only PowerSteering)and launched the ELX which has Powered Windows\Mirrors,Alloys,Spoiler,Adjustable steering,fogs,central locking,defogger etc.The 74K price tag is defly justifiable.

Regards,
Jraj
.oh and not to forget you also get a kenwood hu with six speaker setup and side skirts.
do the maths.take all the individual components offered on the eplx ps compared to the elps and check their prices in an accessory shop.
the alloys ,spoiler,fog lamps,music system together will cost you close to 40k.
Old 7th September 2006, 13:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
.oh and not to forget you also get a kenwood hu with six speaker setup and side skirts.
do the maths.take all the individual components offered on the eplx ps compared to the elps and check their prices in an accessory shop.
the alloys ,spoiler,fog lamps,music system together will cost you close to 40k.
Alloys : 20,000
Spoiler : 7,500
Fog lamps : 5,000
music system: 10,000
power windows : 6K-8K.
Power mirrors : 6K-8K.
Adjustable steering: 3-4K (?)
Body color side skirting, mirrors : 3,000.

I would have gone ahead with ELX if it was available when I bought my car.
Old 7th September 2006, 16:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj
Does any version of Petra has ABS with EBD, even as an optional?
Old 8th September 2006, 02:48   #10

when they switched over from siena to petra they dropped the model which had abs and airbags.it was called elxps sp."sp" stood for safety pckage and costed another 50k more than the elx.
i dont think they have reintroduced it in the market.
Old 13th September 2006, 16:15   #11
BHPian

Back with other info

Hi All,

Thank you for all your valuable views and comments.

I am planning to book new ELXPS 1.6 (2006 model) and the quoted price is 5.9 lacs with the following as the added accessories:

1. Tube-less tyres
2. Sun roof
3. Matting
4. Fog lamp.

is it value for the mentioned price with added accessories?

and, how to find the MANUFACTURING date of the car.

Thanks,
vj
Old 13th September 2006, 16:24   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool

Thanks,
vj
Car chasis should have 2006 at the end (If I am not wrong).
Also check the tyres Manufacturing date.
Old 13th September 2006, 19:52   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Vijaycool,
the tyres should be manufactured around 2 months before the date of delivery.
Check the old tyres before getting the new tubeless ones put.
they will also mention it in the cars RC book.
Old 13th September 2006, 21:23   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I am planning to book new ELXPS 1.6 (2006 model) and the quoted price is 5.9 lacs with the following as the added accessories:

1. Tube-less tyres
2. Sun roof
3. Matting
4. Fog lamp.

is it value for the mentioned price with added accessories?
Thanks,
vj
wow! thats a superb deal!

and which color are you gonna get?
Old 14th September 2006, 09:51   #15
BHPian

Mfg Date for Petra

Quote:
Congrats on your car!
When you open the bonnet of Petra,you can see Mfg Date column before the chassis number.If the car is manufactured in 2006,it should have something like an alphabet and then 06,where alphabet denotes the month(A for Jan,B for Feb and so on) and 06 the year.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jraj

Most Viewed