Maruti Dzire 27 7.54%
Honda Amaze 14 3.91%
Hyundai Xcent 16 4.47%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:41   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire vs Tata Zest vs Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze vs Hyundai Xcent

Fantastic thread, thorough comparison of all the top models in the segment.
I chose the Figo Aspire mainly for the fast & efficient diesel mill, features like 6 airbags are also a segment first. Safety is given top priority in the Aspire.
The Titanium+ is fully loaded & offers a bang for your buck.
The Zest is a close second for me, the most VFM offering in the segment, only let down by the reliability concerns of Tata, else its a gem no doubt.
The Xcent & DZire have stellar petrol mills, the naturally aspirated machines are the best in the 1.2L category, the Xcent wins for me here owing to the fit & finish.
The Amaze has poor kit, fit & finish is the worst in the category, the diesel is efficient but sounds very crude & harsh.
Old 22nd September 2015, 13:46   #32
BHPian

BHPians choices in the polls are always interesting, and quite far away from sales figures, isn't it?
Tata Zest is liked more than 3 times of the Swift Dzire, but sales wise, Dzire is selling 10 times more than Zest!
Aspire is the most liked product, with more than 60% votes as of now, but Ford has shipped an odd 5K units in its first month. I think, in the future months the number would come down to around 3K.
Most liked product, most award winning product - does not always translate into a best selling product. Sample is the recent poll of Tata Zest vs other 3 compact sedans, where a whopping 66% of BHPians chose Tata Zest over Dzire, Xcent and Amaze!
More than 90% of us, who voted here, probably will not buy a compact sedan, and majority of those who actually looking for a compact sedan, do not find anything more than a Maruti brand convincing!
I selected Xcent out of all, because I liked the neat fit and finish of the interiors and smooth petrol engine.
hybridpetrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 14:18   #33
BHPian

My vote goes to Ford Aspire as I believe overall it has the best package especially in diesel. If considering only petrol models then it has to be TATA zest.

Dzire is getting a bit long in the tooth and I for one do not like the new update with those chrome inserts in the front. However it is still a very balanced car and along with Maruti name, still the first choice for majority of buyers.

Amaze reeks of too much cost cutting and its diesel though powerful is very unrefined.

Zest has a very good package but still TATA needs to improve its image. Zest is a very competent product but most people don't even try it because of TATA brand.

Xcent is a good city package but still doesn't excite me much as a buyer.
Old 22nd September 2015, 14:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
More than 90% of us, who voted here, probably will not buy a compact sedan, and majority of those who actually looking for a compact sedan, do not find anything more than a Maruti brand convincing!
It is also interesting to note that Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour version & even the regular passenger version is fast finding it's place amongst the fleet of private cab operators (likes of OLA, Uber etc.) so Swift Dzire is always going to show strong numbers above 10K
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:34   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I mentioned it has the best features in the segment, what more? Do I start laying out Zests' specifications again? Its on the 1st page & it was our T-BHP car of the year, so I'm sure most members know!
When features can be summed up in one line, so can other aspects, but its absolutely ok to stress upon this as still, when one goes and buys a Tata vehicle, fellow Tata people have to say this Niggle free drive, does get a mention.

Quote:
Personally for me, spending the day (or maybe 1, 2 or even 3...) at the service center for (based on my usage, whether yearly once or yearly twice) the car that'll take me places, isn't too much to ask.
Changing of any consumables, at best, is a day's affair.

Quote:
Maybe not in your case, but this is a personal poll which'll disclose our names, so I said what I personally prefer & why, based on the service experiences I've faced (& having seen how the ASC functions) in the past 5+ years of having owned a Tata Nano & a little over 2 years of owning a FIAT.
Having personal relations and or escalating things has worked for Skoda. I am sure, Tata is better.

Quote:
Why should I ? I live in South India.
Because Sir, the Zest is sold at other places as well.

Reliability and service? Link

Quote:
I remember reading about some car owners of other brands facing delays in warranty approvals, at times because the ASC was very specific if it was covered or not. I don't keep such instances bookmarked.

I've witnessed this, having come across numerous instances with friends & others at various ASCs, where warranty approvals for FIAT take abit longer as compared to how liberal & quick Tata's ASC's in Bangalore seem to be.
Tata & Mahindra are lenient as they know they have QC issues, other know, they don't have to deal with this. If something like this happens [in volumes] with a major player, there is an official recall.

Quote:
Go ahead & search the forum for the details you seek, its available. I see no reason for you to bombard me with this query.
I need not. I had a Figo TDCi for 4 years and the service bill annually for 10,000 kms was at ~Rs. 2,500. At one service, diesel filter got replaced which pushed the bill closer to 5K. Can't be much cheaper than this now?

Quote:
I request no further personal attacks.

What I've expressed is feedback based on my personal experiences.
If you feel, you have been personally attacked, why don't you report my post to the moderators? You are free to do that.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:43   #36
BHPian

I've voted for Figo Aspire just because it has more safety features. I don't know how these will fare in terms of safety, as we now hear quite a lot of allegations about the companies compromising on structure of the vehicle.
Old 22nd September 2015, 16:56   #37
BHPian

I have been bowled over by the Aspire's engine and safety features. It is also a great looking car.
Besides, I already own a Vista and although the Zest is a nice car, I want something different. The engine is the same except for 15 extra horses. The Ford on the other hand is something new and way more exciting.
Old 22nd September 2015, 17:55   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Well, 2003 is not an era where cars were unreliable. It's not the technology which is the problem,its the quality control. And also the ASS too.
Have you owned a tata after 2010? I have and still own one and the overall experience is better than a couple of Mumbai maruti service centres. Be it concorde hyderabad or apex in chandigarh who is a standalone service centre for tata, they have given me absolutely no reason to complain and so has the vista. It's people's mindset which is stuck to indigo or the battered indica taxis.
Old 22nd September 2015, 17:59   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Have you owned a tata after 2010? I have and still own one and the overall experience is better than a couple of Mumbai maruti service centres. Be it concorde hyderabad or apex in chandigarh who is a standalone service centre for tata, they have given me absolutely no reason to complain and so has the vista. It's people's mindset which is stuck to indigo or the battered indica taxis.
Yes, a black Vista quad jet.
It was not bad but that's most probably because of the Fiat engine.
Old 22nd September 2015, 18:03   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, a black Vista quad jet.
It was not bad but that's most probably because of the Fiat engine.
That's what you said earlier that technology was not a concern but the quality and After sales. If you've not had issues, why give critical feedback.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 18:10   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
That's what you said earlier that technology was not a concern but the quality and After sales. If you've not had issues, why give critical feedback.
No mechanical issues, problematic electric windows rattles were existing .We had the pre facelift one. We didn't have her for a lot of time but other known people's experience was pretty sour. With that being said, maybe they have improved a lot now especially with that horizon next thing going on.
Old 22nd September 2015, 18:21   #42
BHPian

Quote:
No mechanical issues, problematic electric windows rattles were existing .We had the pre facelift one. We didn't have her for a lot of time but other known people's experience was pretty sour. With that being said, maybe they have improved a lot now especially with that horizon next thing going on.
I had my neighbour drive the pre face lift for 70k without any issues and mine has completed 64k and only normal timely services. Recently purchased a Nano for my wife and the experience was overwhelming. The car completed 1000 km and around the same time got a call for the 1st service followed by a message. That's a change, which is for good. As I said, it can only be experienced by owning a Tata.
Old 22nd September 2015, 18:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

To me its a close fight between the Zest and the Figo Aspire. Both have their pluses and minuses which are well sumarrised already.

The Figo Aspire comes across as a dashing James Bond kind of character.

The Zest comes across to me as a honest and down to earth middle class Indian.
Old 22nd September 2015, 18:24   #44
BHPian

Having owned Xcent(Petrol) for more than a year, I am glad that I went with Xcent. It has been a pleasure to own this machine, it is no rock star but it serves me well.
Old 22nd September 2015, 21:14   #45
BHPian

I have test driven the petrol version of all these cars except Amaze and I would say that my order of preference, purely based on engine would be Xcent > Dzire > Zest > Aspire

When it comes to overall packaging the order is as below:
1. Xcent (+ves - Very practical, excellent fit and finish and good engine; -ves - width not that great)
2. Zest (+ves - Very practical, decent interiors, excellent passenger space; -ves - Boot integration not that great - rear view is ugly)
3. Dzire (+ves - Decent on space, Quite driveable engine; -ves - Poor boot space, very common on roads)
4. Aspire (+ves - Looks good, Good passenger space; -ves - Poor usable boot space, poor view in OVRM and IRVM, Engine which has its own mind and doesn't engage the driver)

That's why my vote goes for Xcent.

PS: We actually need separate votes for petrol and diesel car - I'm sure Aspire has the maximum votes due to it diesel engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks