Team-BHP - Ford Aspire vs Tata Zest vs Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze vs Hyundai Xcent
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Ford Aspire vs Tata Zest vs Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze vs Hyundai Xcent (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/167149-ford-aspire-vs-tata-zest-vs-maruti-dzire-vs-honda-amaze-vs-hyundai-xcent-6.html)

Been seeing a lot of Aspire as taxis, and recent Ford maintenance costs are to really low and competitive too (personal experience & Autocar survey too) so among the sub-4m sedans, I would pick this.

But, if budget is not an issue, why not pick the most trustworthy Etios? Spacious, efficient and easy to maintain too...

There really should be separate polls for petrol & for diesel (I am for petrol, voted for Zest). If the poll is based on budget, >4m cars in the price range can also get a look in :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravind.anand (Post 4127284)
But, if budget is not an issue, why not pick the most trustworthy Etios? Spacious, efficient and easy to maintain too...

agree:

I have been looking to snag a petrol car with better boot space than a big hatchback. I ended up at the Zest almost immediately (I know some people, who have had not-bad experiences with Tata & good experiences with diesel Indica & diesel Zest). I echo @Grand Drive about the really responsive engine with different modes, Sports mode is very usable in overtaking on slopes & highways. The EPAS steering is very good, the closest I have experienced to a hydraulic steering. It is a very planted car, almost European in feel. I was OK with the interiors, the cabin is deathly silent, but the suspension on the test drive vehicle was a letdown - it let bigger imperfections filter through harshly. Still, given how quickly Tata are launching products, and daring to challenge Maruti & Hyundai in the entry hatchback space, I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with something clearly better than the Zest in a couple of years.

But all that is moot ...

If you look at budget, for 30-50k more than these cars, you have a mechanically superior option in the Platinum Etios. Unless you want gadgetry, this version of the Etios has ABS+EBD+2 airbags, nice enough interiors (armrest & 3 3-point seatbelts in the backseat) & a comfortable ride to make you want to pay for it (apart from the low service costs they claim, and its voluminous boot).

Can we add VW Ameo in poll options? Or update the poll to include new launches?

Voted for Aspire among the given options as Ameo was not there. But totally agree Etios is also a viable option.

1.Ameo
2.Etios
3.Aspire

I'm in a strange quandary, let me unravel, I knew what I wanted in a car for my first car purchase, further bolstered by Team-Bhp I bought a Santro Xing XO way back in 2007 without any fuss, my black beauty has served me for good 10 years(930000 Kms) and still going strong, now thanks to addition of new family members my needs have changed and it requires a different car. In my Santro I have a 4 channel JBL Amplifier, Infinity Components, JBL sub woofer and a pioneer HU, quite happy with this setup for the last 10 years, I intend to port it to my next car.lol:

I've done extensive research here and other forums for the last 3 weeks, assessed lot of cars like ( Creta, EcoSport, Baleno, Brezza, Figo, Figo Aspire, Tigor, Polo, S Cross) after logical deduction based on my requisites left with Ford Aspire and S Cross 1.3 Zeta, The car is through car lease, my budget is 11 Lakhs and can't exceed.

S Cross I did a test drive of S Cross 1.3 Alpha, really liked it, though I have to get used to the driving style of a Diesel car, it fits the bill, lot of boot space which can accommodate my 12 Inch Sub Woofer without eating into boot space, which is one of the reasons for upgrade, getting a good discount of 60K, only gripe is my monthly EMI is coming upto 31K per for month for 3 years with a resale value of 1.9 Lakhs

Ford Aspire 1.5 Titanium TDCi is coming up to 23K per month, I'm yet to test drive the vehicle, lot has been said about it and it's a VFM package is what I feel, I'm not sure on the sound quality if the sub woofer is in a closed boot, would there be drastic impact as against a hatch back?

My requirements:
1) Dual Airbags - Must
2) ABS
3) Boot Space to accommodate my sub woofer and still have enough place for luggage for weekend trips
4) Steering mounted controls
5) Rear Washer/Wiper/ Defogger ( Strange that most of the vehicles don't have it as a standard, My Santro has it)
6) 70% City Driving with daily commute of 30KM both ways and 30 % weekend trips, in an year I think it will be around 10K - 15K in total

if you were in my shoes which one would you pick? please: advise

Quote:

Originally Posted by romyeo4u (Post 4252939)
if you were in my shoes which one would you pick? please: advise

Tough, tough decision.. the problem is this :

Engine power and practicality : The Aspire will flatten the S-Cross in that aspect, and I mean flatten. Higher kerb weight and 1.3 engine on the S-Cross and lower kerb weight and 1.5 engine on the Aspire. Also the Aspire engine will be better equipped to handle power draining devices like amp and sub woofer without losing as much power compared to the smallish 1.3 on the SCross.

Build, interiors and overall : You've picked the only Suzuki which can beat the only Ford in terms of how well the interiors and exteriors are screwed together. Any other model change either of Ford or Suzuki will see the Fords coming on top by a mile. S-Cross may be arguably, the safer car here though most will call it a tie.

If good engine grunt is the priority then Aspire without a doubt, if space, comfort and overall refinement is more important then the S-Cross, at the cost of much lower drivability.

Why don't you take ICE out of the equation and compare both the cars?

My previous car too had a similar set up as your Santro and I removed them thinking I will fit them in my new car. Once I bought the Aspire and heard the ICE on that, I never bothered changing anything. It is good enough for me or I have grown old.
Probably down the line I will fit the component speakers I have on the front doors.

Coming to the cars, the Aspire diesel is a fast car. If you are someone who needs power all the time, this is it. Space and comfort, S-Cross it is.

I really am not the right person to compare the cars based on your ICE setup. I'd advise you to buy the right car and then spend extra (if required) to get the audio system setup you require.

I'd pick the S-Cross 1.3 if I'll have 5 adults travelling, need the extra GC and blistering performance is not a non-negotiable requirement. (You can go for a remap later too)

If you require blistering performance, Aspire is the car. It's better than anything else in it's price range. The only complaint I have is that the car isn't very wide.

Overall, the S-Cross 1.3 is a better engineered car with decent performance. If it's going to be the only car in the house, I'd buy it over the Aspire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark.knight (Post 4252977)

Build, interiors and overall : You've picked the only Suzuki which can beat the only Ford

I really liked the way the interiors in the Ciaz were put together. It's only the lower Marutis which still suffer from ill-fitted plastics, but MSIL have actually improved their quality in the last 5-6 years.

Honestly speaking, it's quite an unbalanced comparison as both cars are totally different in almost every aspect and will attract buyers for a certain reason as rightly put across by some of the members in the previous posts

Will not even touch upon the ICE as it's not supposed to influence your new car purchase:)

If you need a fast and frugal car that can knock the socks of almost every car under 20 lakhs and give you terrific driving pleasure wherein there is a silly grin plastered across your face each time you get behind the steering wheel (I still grin every single day even after completing 34,000kms like this :D)
then Ford Aspire will not disappoint you !!!

But, if you need a car just for brand reliability, boot space, and overall large dimensions that can accommodate more passengers and luggage with nothing that really stands out in a car then Scross 1.3 is the one to go for

To summarize, it's actually a simple decision to take based on what you really think are priority items for yourself in choosing a car.....Cheers and take the decision wisely !!

If you are considering S-Cross, then you may want to look at the Zeta variant instead of Alpha. I, and many others on the forum, found it the most VFM. That'll save you some money.

And I hope you've considered the impact of GST on car lease. It is no longer as beneficial as it used to be.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...r-leasing.html

I did a test drive of Aspire sports edition 1.5,it's really fun to drive, I really like it, it's more peppy.

comparing S cross with Aspire is like oranges to apples, but of the oranges and apples, I liked this particular one's.

If Ford can give very good discount I might switch it to Aspire. Anybody has any connections in Hyderabad?

As a vehicle, the S Cross is a better family car - more premium, stiffer suspension, better ground clearance, better service availability, etc.

As a fun to drive car - the Aspire would be my pick - engine, nimbleness, and the sports version has better handling as well from what I recall.

Honestly boils down to your requirements.
Performance is one criteria, but the S Cross has a tuner friendly engine, and with a simple remap - there is apparently a significant improvement in performance. The car rides flat, and is a pretty neat handler (for a cross-over). It does need better tyres though.
The Zeta variant as Eddy posted makes more sense for the following reasons (We have a 1.6 Alpha just for the record):
1) Better quality leather seats can be gotten from out
2) The Bi-Xenon headlights aren't great - they look good but not sufficient for highway driving at night.
3) You're probably going to want to spend money on a better HU too as I've heard from other members that the stock HU doesn't do justice to better speakers (I am assuming the Pioneer HU will not be fitting for this vehicle as you would be losing out on a host of functionality options including Android Auto, Maps, etc.)

Choice for me is so very easy - Ford Aspire.

Since I was contemplating on a new car lately, I was doing TDs of various cars. The one test drive I really loved was the Ford Figo T+ and also the Figo Sports.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini (Post 4253344)
As a vehicle, the S Cross is a better family car - more premium, stiffer suspension, better ground clearance, better service availability, etc.

As a fun to drive car - the Aspire would be my pick - engine, nimbleness, and the sports version has better handling as well from what I recall.

1) Better quality leather seats can be gotten from out
2) The Bi-Xenon headlights aren't great - they look good but not sufficient for highway driving at night.
3) You're probably going to want to spend money on a better HU too as I've heard from other members that the stock HU doesn't do justice to better speakers (I am assuming the Pioneer HU will not be fitting for this vehicle as you would be losing out on a host of functionality options including Android Auto, Maps, etc.)

You're right Aspire is fun to drive car, I got the same feeling today, when I did a test drive.

In Scross I selected Zeta 1.3 variant and it has all the bells and whistles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by romyeo4u
6) 70% City Driving with daily commute of 30KM both ways and 30 % weekend trips, in an year I think it will be around 10K - 15K in total

1.5 TDCi is bit easier to drive in city compare to the 1.3 MJD. Turbo lag is not felt at all, specially for someone who is shifting from NA petrol, 1.5 TDCi is easier drive and enjoyable in City traffic.

If 70% of your driving cycle is in city traffic, do give test drive in city traffic to feel the issue of Turbo lag out of this two engines.

When compared between two, 1.3 MJD some how feels boring. 1.5 TDCi seems to have retain all the good points (like FE, Reliability, Power) of our national engine and removed the negatives (like Turbo Lag, More power, more torque)

Quote:

I'm not sure on the sound quality if the sub woofer is in a closed boot, would there be drastic impact as against a hatch back?

By the way, Aspire boot and cabin is not separated by metal or such. Just like santro, between boot and cabin, there is the rear seat and a humble parcel tray.

But you are right, a sub woofer may eat up some space for sure.

Quote:

if you were in my shoes which one would you pick?

Off topic may be, but as the spy pictures are coming up, it seems both S-Cross and Aspire are heading for a facelift next year.

So try to play with both dealers and figure out who offers you the best deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaXal (Post 4254184)
1.5 TDCi is bit easier to drive in city compare to the 1.3 MJD. Turbo lag is not felt at all, specially for someone who is shifting from NA petrol, 1.5 TDCi is easier drive and enjoyable in City traffic.

If 70% of your driving cycle is in city traffic, do give test drive in city traffic to feel the issue of Turbo lag out of this two engines.

Aspire was more fun to drive compared to S Cross in the city traffic and open stretch of highway, there was little bit of evident lag in S Cross

Quote:

By the way, Aspire boot and cabin is not separated by metal or such. Just like santro, between boot and cabin, there is the rear seat and a humble parcel tray. But you are right, a sub woofer may eat up some space for sure.

Somehow the boot and the parts used felt inferior esp the black cloth or velcro , it didn't look as refined as S Cross

Quote:

Off topic may be, but as the spy pictures are coming up, it seems both S-Cross and Aspire are heading for a facelift next year.
So try to play with both dealers and figure out who offers you the best deal.

S cross is due in 1 or 2 months where as Aspire is next year, I played that card as my last option and managed to squeeze 60k discount for S Cross and Ford Aspire close to 40 K.

Most likely I'm going to go with S Cross, analysing the benefits of Car Lease vs Auto loan on the impact of my Income Tax