Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2015, 21:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Could not resist sharing a photo of my car gleaming inside the showroom as i had requested it to be all clean for my inspection, have told them to take it back to stockyard as i dont want people messing around with it.

New Skoda Octavia or Pre-owned BMW F30 320d. EDIT: New 320d booked-imageuploadedbyteambhp1443195000.113099.jpg
coolboy007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 21:22   #32
BHPian

re: New Skoda Octavia or Pre-owned BMW F30 320d. EDIT: New 320d booked

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Could not resist sharing a photo of my car gleaming inside the showroom as i had requested it to be all clean for my inspection, have told them to take it back to stockyard as i dont want people messing around with it.

Attachment 1419594
Congratulations! It indeed looks beautiful! It's always best to go with your heart

Wish you miles of happy and trouble free ownership! Drive safe
Old 25th September 2015, 22:36   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats! Wish you the best of luck with your new steed. You'd better start a ownership thread :-)
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 23:22   #34
v&v
Senior - BHPian

New Skoda Octavia or Pre-owned BMW F30 320d EDIT: NEW 320D Booked

Congrats.. Welcome to the Beemer club. It's surely is an addictive machine. No wonder I have already crossed 3k kms in the first month of ownership.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 01:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Yeah I am buying from Deustche Motoren Faridabad Premium Selection. It has a hard journey for me, last three weeks running around to get a loan. And now shrad has started so told by my family that I cannot take delivery for 16 more days! God knows how that will pass.

Please share how much you paid and what deal you got.
Old 26th September 2015, 12:37   #36
BHPian

Re: New Skoda Octavia or Pre-owned BMW F30 320d. EDIT: New 320d booked

Congratulations, Coolboy007 on the beamer. Nice color.

What variant did you book?

Cheers,
Ardy
Ardy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 13:33   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

Attachment 1419594
Congrats, Black looks stunning!

A new car is a new car is a new car.Period.Spending 25-30l on a year old example still would'nt give you that pristine-first time-new car feel which this one will give.
octane1002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 21:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

BMW financial services guys visited my place today for verification formalities, the experience so far with BMW India has been very good. Called my dealer to enquire about some spare part prices to have a check and they quickly transferred my call to the spare counter guy and that chap told me every thing i wanted, very professionally.

Few more days to go, just cant wait for that call that my loan has been approved

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Congratulations! It indeed looks beautiful! It's always best to go with your heart
Wish you miles of happy and trouble free ownership! Drive safe
Thanks a lot buddy, i have been told that BMW is most reliable out of all germans so keeping fingers crossed that every thing goes smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Congrats! Wish you the best of luck with your new steed. You'd better start a ownership thread :-)
Thanks, ownership thread would definitely be started once i log in some good number of miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Congrats.. Welcome to the Beemer club. It's surely is an addictive machine. No wonder I have already crossed 3k kms in the first month of ownership.
Thanks and its due to PM replies from so many beemer owners like you that gave me the confidence to go ahead, enjoy your car sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Yeah I am buying from Deustche Motoren Faridabad Premium Selection. It has a hard journey for me, last three weeks running around to get a loan. And now shrad has started so told by my family that I cannot take delivery for 16 more days! God knows how that will pass.
Please share how much you paid and what deal you got.
BMW financial guys visited residence today for verification and are expecting the loan to get cleared by wednesday so lets see what they are upto. My experience with Krishna Auto, Chandigarh has been exceptional so far, like it should be with a premium german dealership.

As for shrads, we took our Ecosport 2 years back during sharads and the 320D will also arrive during shrads it seems, no issue on that front Will PM you my deal details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Congratulations, Coolboy007 on the beamer. Nice color.
What variant did you book?

Cheers,
Ardy
Thanks Ardy, booked a 320D black Prestige variant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Congrats, Black looks stunning!

A new car is a new car is a new car.Period.Spending 25-30l on a year old example still would'nt give you that pristine-first time-new car feel which this one will give.
Thanks Octane, what you say is true. That new car feel, new car smell and initial 1000 km's are the special moments. Would have gone for an year old pre owned one but found a good deal for a new one before that and hence chose the expensive but safer option.
Old 8th June 2016, 17:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

New VW Jetta 2.0 / Skoda Octavia 1.8 or Used BMW 320i / 320d?

Hello everyone,

I have been contemplating on purchasing an automatic fun to drive car for myself and specifically a petrol. I initially thought of the VW Jetta 2.0 DSG (yes I know this is a diesel but I had no other choice) and the Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI. Both cars were touching 25 lakhs on road in Mumbai. Being a VW fan, I love the Jetta, but the Octavia is more powerful and has goodies like the panoramic sunroof, etc.

Looking at the on road prices, I thought to myself whether I should then consider a used BMW 320i / 325i instead. Yes these cars are very hard to come by and will be much older; at least around 5-10 years old. Due to this, should I then consider the BMW 320d?

Totally confused!!

Last edited by Epic : 8th June 2016 at 17:11.
Old 8th June 2016, 17:29   #40
Senior - BHPian

Re: New VW Jetta 2.0 / Skoda Octavia 1.8 or Used BMW 320i / 320d?

BMW will be the drivers car and there is no second thought. If 25L is a good budget in hand and if you can find a good, pre owned BMW. And one of the better reliable ones from the 3 series is actually the 2009-2011 328i. The 3 series is the car to have but as with any BMW the maintenance cost without a coverage or AMC is going to be very very high. Common 3-series problems: electrical, minor engine and cooling system problems, fuel injection system problems and these cost quite some when things goes wrong. As long as you have that covered say in your estimated budget you will not feel unhappy with such a car.

On the newer purchase the Octavia 1.8TSI is a rocket to driver. The diesel is no slouch but read the TSI thread in this forum and you wont need a reason to look other wise.

But being Skoda and from VW group, you can predict the failure of that AT box and hope its within the warranty period. VW relatively has run without much failure compared to Skoda and thats purely going by this forum itself.

320D definitely is also a tremendous pick and wont disappoint. The 3 series as a driver car will feel much more fun than even the TSI.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 17:42   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

If you do buy a new TSI, be prepared to buy extended warranty and sell the cr after 4 years. The TSI in my opinion is NOT a keeper. It's like a short term girlfriend! After a while, she/it will get cranky, moody and expensive to keep happy! The few moments of joy will not be enough to compensate the mood swings.

The Jetta 2.0 TDI on the other hand with the 6 speed DSG should be more of a long term car. The 6 speed DSG seems to be reliable and has relatively few problems. And with 320NM of torque, it is a fantastic cruise missile on Indian roads. You wont get the 0-100 thrill of the TSI but overall, it will be great cruiser.

BMW, well, fun, but will you be ready for big holes in your pocket if something goes wrong? If you're ready for that, this should be a good choice.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 17:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
BMW will be the drivers car and there is no second thought. If 25L is a good budget in hand and if you can find a good, pre owned BMW. And one of the better reliable ones from the 3 series is actually the 2009-2011 328i. The 3 series is the car to have but as with any BMW the maintenance cost without a coverage or AMC is going to be very very high. Common 3-series problems: electrical, minor engine and cooling system problems, fuel injection system problems and these cost quite some when things goes wrong. As long as you have that covered say in your estimated budget you will not feel unhappy with such a car.

On the newer purchase the Octavia 1.8TSI is a rocket to driver. The diesel is no slouch but read the TSI thread in this forum and you wont need a reason to look other wise.

But being Skoda and from VW group, you can predict the failure of that AT box and hope its within the warranty period. VW relatively has run without much failure compared to Skoda and thats purely going by this forum itself.

320D definitely is also a tremendous pick and wont disappoint. The 3 series as a driver car will feel much more fun than even the TSI.
Yes the pro of a BMW is that it is purely a drivers car; the con of course is its maintenance costs. Is the petrol better than the diesel in terms of power and driving experience?
Old 8th June 2016, 17:48   #43
BHPian

Used 320d is your best bet.
Under 25L, you will get a lot of options. Pick a car which is under 3 years old with extended warranty (ideal would be 6 years) and you should be fine.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 17:48   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
If you do buy a new TSI, be prepared to buy extended warranty and sell the cr after 4 years. The TSI in my opinion is NOT a keeper. It's like a short term girlfriend! After a while, she/it will get cranky, moody and expensive to keep happy! The few moments of joy will not be enough to compensate the mood swings.

The Jetta 2.0 TDI on the other hand with the 6 speed DSG should be more of a long term car. The 6 speed DSG seems to be reliable and has relatively few problems. And with 320NM of torque, it is a fantastic cruise missile on Indian roads. You wont get the 0-100 thrill of the TSI but overall, it will be great cruiser.

BMW, well, fun, but will you be ready for big holes in your pocket if something goes wrong? If you're ready for that, this should be a good choice.
Having owned a Superb TDI AT, I know what you mean and hence the VW Jetta 2.0 has always been my initial choice. However, I heard that the car is due for another facelift?
Old 8th June 2016, 18:22   #45
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Octavia with 1.8TSI is fun, But a friend is having number of troubles with his 1.8TSI VRS, One them being the engine drinks engine oil like gulping in fuel at times!! Add to that skoda Horror stories, The product no doubt is great but you just cannot ignore such things which matter after you have bought the car.

VW Jetta 2 TDI, I have been using it past 2 years now and love every bit of it, I have had ZERO engine or any major issues with the car till date and even the after sales has been decent if not great, The best thing i like about this car is the engine which performs as well as deliver great fuel economy when needed.

BMW - I suggest look for a well maintained 320D, I was in the same boat as you and decided to get a brand new car only because my mom wanted it to be a new car and not even a hardly used one. Look for one which has BSI so you'll have peace of mind.

If i were you i would select the following cars and prefer them first.

1. Slightly used BMW 320D with BSI.
2. New VW Jetta 2 TDI.
3. New Skoda Octavia.

New facelift of VW Jetta is not due until next year mid or end.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks