Team-BHP - Best pre-owned car for under 4 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Best pre-owned car for under 4 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/16915-best-pre-owned-car-under-4-lakhs-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adityapd
well..infact if bargained hard you can actually manage to get a 2003-2004 Baleno for under 4 lacs...sai service in Mumbai is the place to look out for. ~A

rahul_intlad: A Baleno may scrape speedbreakers, especially if it is loaded. But, we have crazily big speed breakers here in bangalore!

Yes baleno I too am not that interested mostly because of the bad roads in our city[pune].You should come here during or just after the monsoons,Cant make out if you are on earth or on the moon.

Actually in my society itself there are huge bumps which the baleno would not be comfortable with.

That is why I am quite inclined to the qualis,which b2[ with ac,without ps] is available for around 4 lakhs while a model with ps is available for around 4.25 lakhs

A feedback from supremebaleno,rudra and other baleno ownerswould be appreciated regarding the ground clearance and manners of the baleno on bad roads.

I would like to know how much it would cost to service a qualis[ 50k service] at a toyota authorised showroom.

Have any of the qualis owners felt an escalation in the cost of the parts after the discontinuation of the model.

i recently visited maddur to watch teh k1000 rally and it was suprising to see the balenos rip on the track like no mans business. they were better than esteems in terms of ground clearance. since the balenos fare really well on terrain during rallies is why i thought of picking one. my next choice moght be a bolero then!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fieroid
i recently visited maddur to watch teh k1000 rally and it was suprising to see the balenos rip on the track like no mans business. they were better than esteems in terms of ground clearance. since the balenos fare really well on terrain during rallies is why i thought of picking one. my next choice moght be a bolero then!

The Balenos (for that matter Esteems also) might be using a modified suspension for the rally. Please confirm with one of the rally drivers before you make your decision to buy a Bolero or Baleno. If it is ok for you, may be you can go for Baleno and modify your suspension too! Its fun to drive, atleast on the tarmac (I've never driven one offroad).

Cheers,
Su-47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Su-47
The Balenos (for that matter Esteems also) might be using a modified suspension for the rally. Please confirm with one of the rally drivers before you make your decision to buy a Bolero or Baleno. If it is ok for you, may be you can go for Baleno and modify your suspension too! Its fun to drive, atleast on the tarmac (I've never driven one offroad).

Cheers,
Su-47

yeah they run on Koni set-ups from I heard. One of my pal's friend. Chetan was driving a JK tyre esteem shod with Koni and most balenos also. However that’s an expensive affair to run on koni man coz its really expensive to replace. They tend to crack under hard usage. I got to see the best view when a MRF baleno fell into a canal and the under chassis was visible. The baleno is still in my mind, but if I get a really decent esteem like a 2004 VXi or so, I dont mind considering that too for around 2.50L. The best part I like about the baleno is the fuel efficency that is better than the esteem mainly coz it has SOHC unlike the DOHC of teh esteem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fieroid
The best part I like about the baleno is the fuel efficency that is better than the esteem mainly coz it has SOHC unlike the DOHC of teh esteem.

Hey,

I think you got your facts all wrong. Both the cars are SOHC.

Viper

@ rahil_intlad: I own a Baleno in Pune city and am really happy with the car, the all 4 individual mc.pherson struts handle the pune roads pretty well, but you gotta be careful when the car is loaded, for it scrapes on a few speed breakers with 5 people in the car, however if taken at the right angle, you wont scrape it, its just a matter of getting used to, as far as the Baleno's suspension with Pune roads, doesnt seem to be a problem!

feel free to PM me for any more details.

cheers!
Shrivz...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
A feedback from supremebaleno,rudra and other baleno ownerswould be appreciated regarding the ground clearance and manners of the baleno on bad roads.

Rudra, AFAIK, has an Optra. Well, shrivz' comments would be most apt for you, because he is from the same place as you and hence shares the roads (good or bad). You could also check with ram, another baleno owner from pune.

I am at Chennai, where the roads are mostly good, atleast not like the moon. However, I have done quite some highway driving, which included real bad stretches. I have not felt any issues there. But then, as with any sedan, if I breeze over them (some craters were like 1.5 feet deep x 2 feet wide x 3 feet long:Shockked:) at high speed, the consequences will be the same.

As mentioned elsewhere, the bottom scrapes on HIGH speedbreakers, and ONLY if fully loaded. If you are travelling fully loaded, come to a complete stop just before the bump, release the brakes and go over it slowly. This avoids scrapes. Taking the bump at an angle (so that there is only 1 wheel over the bump at any given point) is also an option, but not always possible to follow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper
Hey,

I think you got your facts all wrong. Both the cars are SOHC.

Viper

oops..thanks for correcting man..yeah just checked from my pal now....I had the 16v DOHC suzuki engine sold abroad in mind.

guys...can i get a pre owned Scorpio within 4 lakh bracket???
If yes which model should i be looking for this price range??

Divine interventiontion has allowed my budget to be upped to 5lakhs

So here comes my list please help me shortlist one of the following.

preowned:
1>.Toyota qualis
2>. Chevrolet tavera
3>.OHC
4>.Baleno
5>.Accent crdi

Or brand new cars[please suggest something which would fit my budget but which would make me feel as though I have upgraded from my present car,the Matiz]

Ps: Have kept ford,tata and mahindra out in the preowned section since I am worried about reliability issues and would not have any help in terms of warranty in case of a second hand vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharath1
guys...can i get a pre owned Scorpio within 4 lakh bracket???
If yes which model should i be looking for this price range??

for 4 lakhs, you would get the old model of the scorpio, which i am sorry to say is really not worth it, there is also a turbo lag and other niggling problems.

But anyways, you can;t really expect anything out of this world for 4 lakhs. so a scorpio might be the best option. atleast its better than the safari, if you are lucky enough you might get the old Crde model too.

so look out for a Crde model, you might have to shell out a few extra thousands

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_intlad

Or brand new cars[please suggest something which would fit my budget but
Quote:

which would make me feel as though I have upgraded from my present car,the Matiz
]

rahul, any of those cars that you have mentioned & many others would certainly make you feel as though you have upgraded from the matiz. trust me. ;)