Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2006, 23:32   #46
Senior - BHPian

Just read that after next budget by finance minister the prices of SUVs/Muvs would decrease,would this affect the prices of second hand muvs too especially the qualis.

Should I wait till the budget,since its just a few months question.
Old 17th October 2006, 23:37   #47
BHPian

IMO in Delhi, you can be pick up a decent OHC Vtec for that price.. And i when i see Vtec, every thing fades in the dust.
Old 18th October 2006, 00:44   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
Divine interventiontion has allowed my budget to be upped to 5lakhs.
Since you have upped your budget to 5 lakhs, I would suggest that you buy a new car. Image is one thing, but peace of mind should be given the preference. A logical upgrade from a Matiz is a Maruti Esteem or a Tata Indigo (petrol), both of which you can get for under 5 lakhs on-road (Delhi). Though I believe they cost a little more in Pune.

Since you would like your family of five to travel comfortably with luggage, then the Indigo edges out the Esteem in terms of space and comfort. Spares and maintenance costs are among the lowest for both these cars. If you want economy, then go for the Indigo Diesel which is for around 5.35 on-road (Delhi). Personally, I wouldn't really consider a second-hand vehicle for half a million rupees.
Old 18th October 2006, 10:54   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
Divine interventiontion has allowed my budget to be upped to 5lakhs
In that range, you could badger your Maruti dealer hard enough to get a brand new Baleno Lxi for around 5 - 5.25L.

Last I heard, they were giving upto a total of 1L discount on the Baleno.
Old 18th October 2006, 12:25   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
In that range, you could badger your Maruti dealer hard enough to get a brand new Baleno Lxi for around 5 - 5.25L.
Last I heard, they were giving upto a total of 1L discount on the Baleno.
I was also thinking on those lines. But I guess even with max bargaining, I do not think the Lxi will come at 5.25 And since he has increased his budget already by 1lac, I don't know whether he can up it again by 50K or a bit more. But if the budget can be upped, nothing to beat the value provided by the Lxi.

BTW, the Ikon Flair is another 3-box car that comes in your 5lac budget. FE and maintenance would not be as economical as the Esteem, but still an option worth considering.
Old 18th October 2006, 12:55   #51
GTS
BHPian

Beg for another Divine Intervention and up your budget by another 50K and go in for a brand new Baleno Lxi. You wont regret your decision. The car kinda grows on you.

PS: Be sure to choose the black colour, ok?
Old 18th October 2006, 13:45   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS
Be sure to choose the black colour, ok?
Unless regular cleaning is seen as a tough chore. It takes quite some effort to keep the Black beauty shining.

Hey Doc, long time, no see on the forum. The fast spreading mosquito-borne diseases must have kept you busy.
Old 18th October 2006, 14:07   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
I was also thinking on those lines. But I guess even with max bargaining, I do not think the Lxi will come at 5.25 And since he has increased his budget already by 1lac, I don't know whether he can up it again by 50K or a bit more. But if the budget can be upped, nothing to beat the value provided by the Lxi.
hmmm - perhaps I took delhi prices into account, where without discounts a baleno lxi can be had for 6.1L on-road, and last they offered 60k discount + another 20k exchange etc. + one can always haggle a bit.

it would definitely be a bit more for pune - but i agree with you that its worth it.
Old 18th October 2006, 15:57   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
But I guess even with max bargaining, I do not think the Lxi will come at 5.25
You are right. Atleast this is not possible in Chennai. OTR price of Baleno Lxi here in Chennai is Rs.6,43,392/- with discounts upto Rs.80k. Max another 10k could be pushed. Hence minimum one need to shell out Rs.5.53 L.
Old 18th October 2006, 16:17   #55
Senior - BHPian

if you can find one, look at getting a baleno altura. All the virtues of teh baleno with much better looks IMHO. Also, tehir resale value is pretty low, so 3-3.5 should get you a decent piece.
Old 18th October 2006, 18:28   #56
GTS
BHPian

SB,
Though I am pretending to be very busy, I've been hanging around the forum browsing a bit here and there. Its the replies to the posts that I am not able to do!

I've got an Oriya chap to damp-wipe the Black Beauty every morning at 6. Boy! the chap does a neat job but the only thing I cant stand is his accent. Monnu for mannu (sand), cober for cover, Mozhai for Mazhai (rain)
Old 18th October 2006, 22:37   #57
BHPian

esteem wud be gr8....
low on maintainence and for 4 lacs u wud get it in a pretty good condition,,,
Old 19th October 2006, 10:53   #58
Senior - BHPian

Alturas are pretty hard to come by, because not many were sold in the first place. And regarding the price, I am not so sure.
The initial Balenos themselves are hard to come by, as the experience of some on the forum proved. And the prices quoted to them were not definitely indicating a low resale value.
Old 19th October 2006, 14:33   #59
BHPian

Is the baleno Altura still available as a variant from Maruti? Atleast on built on order basis? The rear of atleast this Baleno is mighty good looking .
God knows why this variant do well in the market.Its such a head turner
Old 19th October 2006, 16:17   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saajan_20
is the resale of the altura that low this is news to me man

have u heard of a deal @ that price ?????
lemme know if u find any
regards
saajan
yes, my friend, it is true. sadly there are not many people who think like us & that is why the resale value is low. but finding one is the tough part, 'cos the guy who has it knows what he has got.

Most Viewed