Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2006, 20:37   #31
BHPian

baleno not only being more powerful than the lancer it weighs less hence the power to weight ratio is much better. i have gone thru the same dilemma & decided on the baleno. power is baleno, looks nothing still beats the old lancer, its a mean looking machine, though i wish it had almost 1/3 more horses under its bonnet.

also u can check the views of member brothers at

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...003-model.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...-maintain.html

mods pls close this thread.

Last edited by naveendhyani : 18th September 2006 at 20:45.
Old 18th September 2006, 21:19   #32
BHPian

Go for the Baleno, Servicing and spares will never be a problem, no matter where ever u go. Its 2 yrs newer and that make a lot of difference ..and moreover resale value will be more in case u decide to change it later ....
Old 18th September 2006, 22:12   #33
BHPian

It won't matter..since maruti anyway plans to phase it out with a new model to take on the new verna, cedia and optra gang..!
Agreed price of spares are cheaper since its a Maruti, However Lancer spares are equally affordable, unless the owner is a miser..! as mentioned earlier lancer spares are down by 65 %, however labour is expensive anyhow at any Authorised Work place.
Old 19th September 2006, 02:09   #34
BHPian

Just chk both the cars..buy whcever ur heart chooses..i belive u have recd enuff info on both the cars already...both good cars...depends on wht u looking for in a car..
Old 19th September 2006, 22:39   #35

Hey both the cars are very good. I own a Baleno, though half my heart is set for lancer for its good looks. Depends on you needs. Tough decision to make
Old 21st September 2006, 16:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

hey sans, old buddy, old pal, have you decided yet ? or have you bought one yet ? let us know sometime.
Old 21st September 2006, 21:20   #37
BHPian

lookwise i would say the lancer..for everything else the baleno
Old 24th September 2006, 23:28   #38
BHPian

I wish i get a lancer in coimbatore for that price....I think Lancer looks better and it talks more on roads.... though Baleno is faster not much people like its looks.
Old 4th October 2006, 19:56   #39
BHPian

Best of both world

Hi everybody at Team BHP.Thanks for such an overwhelming responce.I received more than 37 replies and one thing was clear,while every body loves Lancer's looks, most favours Baleno for performance.
I've bought my car and its neither Lancer nor Baleno.Infact it's like getting best of both worlds.It has good looks of a Lancer and performance of a Baleno.It's an Altura! A Baleno Altura in reviera red colour, 2003 model ,done 37100 kms having all original paint except bumpers.Rear bumper need some repair and repainting.I'll post some pics as soon as I get it fixed.
Old 5th October 2006, 00:26   #40
BHPian

Hey Sans..i envy you man...i've myself been trying a good altura for sometime now without any luck !!...

so congrats on your new car and do post some pics as soon as you are ready to click them..

btw how much did you pay for her ?

~A
Old 5th October 2006, 10:33   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sans33
I've bought my car and its neither Lancer nor Baleno.Infact it's like getting best of both worlds. It has good looks of a Lancer and performance of a Baleno.It's an Altura!
Wow, that is a good choice you made. And yes, you get the best of both worlds. With the Altura, instead of the aesthetically-challenged rear of the Baleno, you get real good looks.
Congrats, man. And do post pics.
Old 5th October 2006, 15:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sans33
Hi everybody at Team BHP.Thanks for such an overwhelming responce.I received more than 37 replies and one thing was clear,while every body loves Lancer's looks, most favours Baleno for performance.
I've bought my car and its neither Lancer nor Baleno.Infact it's like getting best of both worlds.It has good looks of a Lancer and performance of a Baleno.It's an Altura! A Baleno Altura in reviera red colour, 2003 model ,done 37100 kms having all original paint except bumpers.Rear bumper need some repair and repainting.I'll post some pics as soon as I get it fixed.
fantastic choice sans. the altura is a beauty. keep her safe though. the rer parts could be hard to find & expensive. but worth all the trouble in the world.
Old 5th October 2006, 15:26   #43
BHPian

Nice decision Sans. Have a blast with the Altura.
Old 10th December 2006, 13:30   #44
BHPian

Posting this on behalf of Sans : pics of his 2003 Altura in pristine condition

~A
Old 10th December 2006, 17:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic colour. never seen one in this colour so far. please post pics of the legendary backside also

Most Viewed