Old 15th September 2006, 16:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Man, I would go with the Embera at these prices, its more than a steal
Old 15th September 2006, 16:58   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled
Hows that related?
And just out of curiousity. Which car of the two has a longer waiting list?
Civic .
Old 15th September 2006, 17:24   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_78
Sonata embera : I had almost finalised on Civic until i drove this car . I felt like a King after taking the drive, its soooo big with a powerful engine and fantastic road holding makes this car stand out of the rest and guys i am getting a whopping Rs 3.5 lacs Discount from the dealership ,so it turns out to be cheaper than civic and top end corolla...BUt the downside is ITs a Hyundai
Sam,

So whats the final price that you are offered for the Embera? 3.5 L discount sounds too much for a car launched just a year back.

great news! it seems we are getting what we truely deserved - cars at thier true prices.

Rishi
Old 15th September 2006, 22:06   #19
BHPian

Thanks for the replies guys .
So far it seems a close fight between the civic and embera .

1)What do you think is more trouble free and low in maintainance in the long term ,civic or embera ?
2)Which of these two would give me a better performance and reliability with CNG ?
I 've heard that japenese engines are more compatible(perform better) to CNG ,is it true?

Rishi - the final price has not been quoted yet as i am still in talks with some dealers .but till date 11.5 lacs(on road) is the best i 've been quoted . But i am sure if i wait for sometime ,they are going to come further down and give a price tag close to 11.2 lacs .

I would luv to buy the Embera but i am not sure about its reliability ?
I tried the search option but i didnt find any long term reports for Embera ,could someone please give me the link to the same or can i hear it from the owners of embera ,please...

Thanks .
Old 15th September 2006, 22:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1)What do you think is more trouble free and low in maintainance in the long term ,civic or embera ?
Not much to choose on that count - both Brands and models are known for reliability and low maintenance. Both seem to have equally good service levels too.

Between the two, I'd say go for the Embera because it is a segment above and offers more for the same money - if I got 160-odd bhp, more space, good looks and low maintenance at the same price I'd go for it.

However, the Honda badge will ensure you get good resale with the Civic - much more than what you would get with the Sonata. I think the current SOnata's resale will take an even bigger beating once they release the CRDi variant - nobody would want petrol after that. So if resale value is an imporant criteria (it seems to be, for many people) then go for the Civic.

Last edited by Steeroid : 15th September 2006 at 22:17.
Old 15th September 2006, 22:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
The Optra has a factory fitted CNG option .. why go for an aftermarket fitting if you get it built in ?
. If you've made up your mind on CNG, factory fitted CNG Optra would be the best option I feel. Octavia would give you diesel but does not match your running costs criterion in any way - the ownership on other counts is too expensive.
Old 16th September 2006, 10:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Sam,

If you are keen on CNG go for Optra, don't take chance of buying civic or embera and fitting CNG.

If you are particular about resale value then Civic is the best choice, If you see for 16 ft long king size car Embera is for you, I have seen black embera in front of my office daily its awesome car but heavy on maintenance the guy who owns its waited for 3 months to get his car repaired when minor flood affected his car, bill was 4+ lacs.

If you want honda badge civic again since it has unmatchable features.

As per my knowledge toyota engine scores over honda/hyundai engines in long run. And Toyota cars handles better than honda/hyundai cars on bad indian roads.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 16th September 2006, 11:02   #23
BHPian

Hold on.... I have driven the new Sonata 2006 (v6) in USA for good 3 months and it's awesome car. But last month when I spoke to Hyundai dealers they told me the Indian version is not a V6.

I suggest you compare the sonata (embera) available in India with the latest 2006 sonata and then decide, if therez not much difference except for engine. If I remember correctly the 2006 Sonata in US has good crash rating.
Old 16th September 2006, 11:32   #24
BHPian

There is no doubt the choice should be Embera. However, maintenance cost of Embera should be higher than that of Civic since its in a segment above. But for the price, Embera is a steal.
Old 16th September 2006, 23:08   #25
BHPian

Still confused ...

Hey guys ,i am still very confused between the Civic and Embera .

My heart is all set to buy Embera but there are couple of things that need to be sorted out .....

The problem with embera is that no CNG kit manufacturer/distributor is interested to send it for approval to ARAI cos of its low sales and i 've spoken to some CNG kit distributors ,they say the possibility of sending for the approval in the future is very less and he also said that there has been no car yet approved which hs more than 2000cc engine and the chances are very low for the Approval .
So that confirms that it wont be endorsed on the RC ..

Whereas, he said he 'll be getting the approval for the corrola in a month or two and the chances for approval for the civic is also very bright in the near future cos the engine capacity is less than 2000cc .
Now if i purchase the Embera i might 've to face some problems regarding the insurance claims and not to forget our thullas

The CNG Kit dealer says if ever i am to go for the claim ,i first need to get the kit dismantle .
Could anyone of you please throw some light on the same ?Do we 've anybody on this forum who has got CNG kit installed in any of the C+ or D segment cars ?
What do you guys say ,is it worth taking the pain ?
Old 17th September 2006, 12:21   #26
BHPian

Hi sam78,

IMO you have to give up something to get something.
If FE is criterion then Optra CNG best option.
I would not like to put a CNG kit in the civic or the embera
simply b'cos they are very good cars to fiddle with a CNG kit.
Also if you want luxury then you shud be prepared to pay for it (Lower FE In this case).

In short priority wise according to FE, choice of car as under:-

1. Optra CNG if FE is very important.
2. Civic w/o CNG it shud give an FE more than the embera.
3. Embera.

priority if Luxury is important :-

1. Embera
2. Civic

Hope this helps in you decision.
Old 17th September 2006, 19:36   #27
BHPian

IMO, you should go the blue embera Sam. Its looks very classy. Better than the civic and simply larger. It has a sort of understated elegance compared to the ultra modern Civic. The NHC, Civic and Accord really do look like sisters BTW, which dealer are you talking to. If they offer the same discount in Delhi, I might even pick up the Embera myself .. Do you have any idea of the mileage.
Cheers,
dMH
Old 17th September 2006, 23:24   #28
BHPian

Thankx guys but i am still not able to decide . The only thing thats stopping me from buying a Embera is the installation of CNG kit .

Quote:
Hey guys ,i am still very confused between the Civic and Embera .

My heart is all set to buy Embera but there are couple of things that need to be sorted out .....

The problem with embera is that no CNG kit manufacturer/distributor is interested to send it for approval to ARAI cos of its low sales and i 've spoken to some CNG kit distributors ,they say the possibility of sending for the approval in the future is very less and he also said that there has been no car yet approved which hs more than 2000cc engine and the chances are very low for the Approval .
So that confirms that it wont be endorsed on the RC ..

Whereas, he said he 'll be getting the approval for the corrola in a month or two and the chances for approval for the civic is also very bright in the near future cos the engine capacity is less than 2000cc .
Now if i purchase the Embera i might 've to face some problems regarding the insurance claims and not to forget our thullas

The CNG Kit dealer says if ever i am to go for the claim ,i first need to get the kit dismantle .
Could anyone of you please throw some light on the same ?Do we 've anybody on this forum who has got CNG kit installed in any of the C+ or D segment cars ?
What do you guys say ,is it worth taking the pain ?
Guys please advice me what to do ???

@damotorhead -I am in talks with 3 dealers ,once the price is finalised i 'll PM you the details .If you find it attractive(i am sure you 'll) why not to go and buy 2 Emberas from the same dealer ,by doing that we can further push him for more and more and more discounts .
Buddy ,expect the milege to be 7-8kmpl in the city(for Mt).
Old 18th September 2006, 02:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thankx guys but i am still not able to decide . The only thing thats stopping me from buying a Embera is the installation of CNG kit .

Guys please advice me what to do ???

@damotorhead -I am in talks with 3 dealers ,once the price is finalised i 'll PM you the details .If you find it attractive(i am sure you 'll) why not to go and buy 2 Emberas from the same dealer ,by doing that we can further push him for more and more and more discounts .
Buddy ,expect the milege to be 7-8kmpl in the city(for Mt).
Sam here's what you should do contact our fellow member Driven via PM. He's just had a CNG kit installed on his last generation Accord. And that car has a 2300cc engine just for the record. He's been raving about how good the kit is & I had personally seen the car today & the install quality is very good. Didn't drive it and anyways I'm not a fan of CNG/LPG!!

But the work on his car was good & it's running costs are now very economical. Maybe you could talk to the guy who's done the install for Driven & he'll be able to help you out with it.

If you can't get through on PM tell me & will send you his cell no.
Old 24th September 2006, 17:05   #30
BHPian

Why not a Corolla H1 at about 10.25L onroad in Jaipur. With ABS, AIRBAG, CD/Cassette, Music System, Alloys etc.?

Most Viewed