Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2006, 18:29   #31
BHPian

Optra it shud be. But would advise you to check the discounts with the dealers posing as a person NOT from GM. My experiance says you might end up getting a better bargain without the GM tag rather than with it.
Old 25th September 2006, 21:57   #32
BHPian

@Amit: That's a good suggestion. But, I need the tag for the simple reason stated earlier by noviceDriver.

@Boom Shiva: FE is claimed to be as 11 in City with AC on.

@rahul_intlad: Latest offer in Garuda's package is 'Guaranteed Buyback' after 3 (4?) years- at a price of 40% of On Road I am paying today.

@iraghava: I am one of those chaps who will not have any time to go for refurbishing- neither during working hours, nor in the weekends. So, going for this readymade package.
Old 28th September 2006, 14:57   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animdas
I am already buying beyond my budget! I think my boss needs to accommodate heavily for a corvette!!
Dude, Tell ur boss that if he buys u the Chevy Corvett, U will not charge him anything for advertising the car around in the city! that might change his thinking, imagine how much presence they can get in the city! try try!

Abt the Optra, well if no for teh corvett, its ur best bet, but please do be awar there the milege IS less than Aveo and SRV. Whatever being stated, u should be happy if it touches 10. anything beyond that wud be a great bonus, if not, 8-10 is apt for the Optra.
Old 30th September 2006, 14:26   #34
BHPian

Thanks to all of you for your sound & apt advices.

As you have realized, I have my own limitations. Under the present circumstances, I have gone for Optra.

Thanks again!
Old 30th September 2006, 16:55   #35
BHPian

Congrats on ur choice.....i'm a little bit curious

can you please tell me how much the company is giving for your car???

P.S: only if you dont have any objection in revealing that
Old 30th September 2006, 23:05   #36
BHPian

Sorry arif, I can't reveal that- except the obvious- fuel
Old 1st October 2006, 02:52   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animdas
Plus I'll get some 5-7% discount on factory price!

Factory price may be around 9 lakhs so the discount he will get from GM would be between 45k to 65k.
Old 1st October 2006, 06:19   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
Factory price may be around 9 lakhs so the discount he will get from GM would be between 45k to 65k.
i saw that, but i think u got it wrong there!!!......as he says "Plus I'll get some 5-7% discount on factory price!"......i think thats the discount one usually gets from the local dealer......but since he is buying the car from the company itself, what they are trying to do is to show that they are generous by giving that discount, am n't i correct?.......but if you are right & i'm wrong, i would say it is foolish to go for your company vehicle, UNLESS you prefer it, for the sake of 50k???........because you can bargain that amount from your local dealer .....more than that, you can get yourself a corolla executive for less than that amount

@animdas: i can understand that.....atleast can you confirm whether its "rahul_intlad" or me that got this correct
Old 1st October 2006, 09:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Animdas has made his choice - the Optra. Congrats animdas.

This thread is now closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks