Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2006, 12:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Apart from the lively engine, nothing is Ford's favour as most folks have indicated. How often would you get a chance to drive the Fiesta spiritedly? Gotta be the Verna in my opinion if you are comparing with 1.6 ZXI. Hyundai as a package works better.

If you are looking at the 1.4 EXI, thats a whole new discussion. The Ford 1.4 looses out on the single advantage that its 1.6 cousin has too. Rather look at the NHC EXi. Or even Baleno LXi (although I really hate its cheap interiors)..
Old 13th November 2006, 14:08   #32
BHPian

try to increase ur budget and get the 1.6 its a gem of a engine very responsive and very quiet and ofcourse add to it the way it drives any time better than the verna petrol,have enjoyed owning the fiesta1.6 sxi for the past nine months no complaints whatsoever and the a.s.s has also been very good
Old 13th November 2006, 14:33   #33
BHPian

There's not much confusion needed to choose between the two cars.

f you're a spirited driver, driving single mostly then it's ofcourse the Fiesta 1.6.

If you want a car with good but not excellent performance, good but not excellent mileage, nice interior space, low spare parts and maintenance costs, great service go for the Verna Xi.

In short:

Performer : Fiesta

Allrounder : Verna

Last edited by adarsh76 : 13th November 2006 at 14:35.
Old 14th November 2006, 10:18   #34
BHPian

I agree with the 1.6 point of view. I was locked on to the ZXI Fiesta but then some sudden commitments in terms of budget forced me to take a relook. That is when I decided to test drive the 1.4 & found it not lagging too much in terms of power delivery.
Just a while after the Verna came out & test drove the diesel & the petrol XI. The diesel was pretty much into a new world in terms of power delivery to the wheels but when I wasnt impresses with the petrol. While driving at a higher speed of 80+ on the Banjara hills roads where camber change on the road surface is huge the chassis tended to be a little too soft & the car took time to settle down after encountering a body roll & yaw.

This was totally not the case with both the Fiestas. The chassis felt pretty stiff.
This is the reason why I went with the 1.4. It was clearly in the window of my revised budget plus with some of the handling characteristics I prefer.
Old 13th January 2007, 20:47   #35
BHPian

I finally took delivery of the 1.4 Exi petrol vehicle on Jan 9 from Mody Ford (Hyderabad). I had booked the vehicle on Dec 12 but had to wait a long time due to no vehicle availability. I had initially booked for the jewel violet but then took delivery of the paprika red since there was no sign of the colour being available from Ford India.
Mody Ford have been really co-operative all the time & did not pass on the new cost at all.
I had thought of booking at Fortune Ford but their laid back attitude was shocking. They dint show any sign that they were actually there to sell the car.

I shall post some pics soon and a complete update on the driving. Been very busy with work.
Old 13th January 2007, 22:05   #36
BHPian

Congrats on your new ownership. Enjoy your car and drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks