Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2006, 16:06   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc
Well, i have an OHC and its kept safe in Coimbatore! I love the car, so a NHC is out of question.

Jus came back from the test drive of the elantra! the car seems decent, and i think i'll go for the Petrol
Also had a good look at the sonata, but they didnt have a MT so i cudnt test drive it. The car seems great and they r offering a 2 lakh discount(i read they offer a 3+ lakh discount somewherer in the forum, any ideas?) and this seems like a good option, right?
Well if you get a sonata within your budget limit then thats the car. But for you mileage is important and for your dad its not. The fact is that Sonata has a low FE, about 7-8 km/l in city and 10-11 in highway. If you're ok with that then there is no thinking further.

About Elantra, if you buy now dont know what you'll feel when the new one is launched by the middle of next year. For me it looks much better than the current one. Also the Elantra CRDi is a better car in performance and FE than the petrol version. Just see some latest news on the new Elantra in the link below:

http://www.autoreviewsonline.com/tes...icle=101522131

Last edited by adarsh76 : 21st October 2006 at 16:09.
Old 22nd October 2006, 20:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

i think thedoc has made a pretty sensible decision, looking upto the elantra & the sonata. both are pretty good cars. if he likes one of them, well & good.
@thedoc... if the sonata is being offered at a good discount, then it is worth considering.
Old 22nd October 2006, 22:24   #18
BHPian

TheDoc, just for your information. Sonata is due to be launched in the CRDi version most probably by December. But price will be higher than your budget. The October Autocar magazine has some technical as well as estimated price details about 50 new cars to be launched which includes the Sonata CRDi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks