Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2006, 14:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

IMO, stick to the old Baleno. It makes sense right now. And I like it too compared to the newer version. MUL will price the new car sky high too in the beginning.
Old 26th October 2006, 16:23   #17
BHPian

My vote - an old baleno.
Looks like it will be OHC-NHC allover again -
Tallboy design, so-so performance , great economy vs Long-hood, sleek design, great performance, good economy.
Old 26th October 2006, 21:29   #18
BHPian

Speedme, not sure of the engine, but the entire car is a new model! nothing of the old baleno is carried to it except for the name!( not sure abt engine).

Definately worth waiting for the new baleno, as it looks totally rad like the swift, and is an all new car!
Old 26th October 2006, 21:31   #19
BHPian

One of the Bimal executives was telling that one new Baleno has come to the Whitefield showroom and he has seen it.

Not sure, how true it is!
Old 26th October 2006, 21:59   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedme
Gents,

In regard to the launch of the new Maruti Baleno which is somewhere in mid january 2007( unoffical date).....
I had closed in on the Baleno Lxi, (after driving the Aveo 1.4 and the Fiesta) but then have pushed myself to wait for the relaunch...

Just trying to sought out opinions will it be worth the wait and the added expenditure of 1 Lac plus as the car will be more expensive than the current model and also the 55K discount will also not be there..

Any views or opinions on the decision I made.

Regards

Speedme.

Live free die well.
You'll need to be cautious about branding loyalty. The new Baleno will be completely different from the current one - and one would never guess its driving/handling characteristics. Your decision to wait is high stakes - 50:50. Either you'll love the new Baleno and praise your hindsight for waiting for it or you'll completely abhor both the new car and your decision to wait overlooking/missing out on attractive end-of-year depreciation offers doled out by car companies.
Old 26th October 2006, 22:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinz
One of the Bimal executives was telling that one new Baleno has come to the Whitefield showroom and he has seen it.

It would be of great help,if you or any of our bangy boys could kindly confirm the above,maybe some spy pics even.
Old 26th October 2006, 23:10   #22
BHPian

hi iam not sure whether the launch will be on march next year. They have lowered their discounts from 60k to 50 k in kerala now and also an employee told me that such a relaunch will take atleast 1 years time.....so better go for the current baleno....
Old 26th October 2006, 23:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

well i guess you could go in for a pre-owned baleno for now and sit and wait for the new baleno to arrive like we are doing for the fabia.
Old 26th October 2006, 23:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
an employee told me that such a relaunch will take atleast 1 years time.....so better go for the current baleno....
General sales tactic.He wants the sale to happen ASAP.
Dont believe him.
Old 27th October 2006, 10:08   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
It would be of great help,if you or any of our bangy boys could kindly confirm the above,maybe some spy pics even.
- pics and confirmation eagerly awaited!!
Old 27th October 2006, 13:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

nth thread on the so-called new Baleno. But nary a word from MUL.
Is this for real or a mirage ?
I just hope that if it comes, it has it in it to be called a true upgrade to the existing one.
Old 27th October 2006, 13:10   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinz

Was pretty excited to read this and planned to go check it out along with a friend from office. I called up the showroom though and they say it's not there. Can anyone else please confirm?
Old 27th October 2006, 16:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

What I read in auto car india november issue is new baleno and new zen will be launched november 2006 so based on that in couple of weeks we should see these cars in showroom, may be already maruti started sending first batch of these new cars to dealers by now,

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 27th October 2006, 16:39   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini
I called up the showroom though and they say it's not there.
I don't think the showroom would confirm this under any circumstances - they would most likely witness a stampede!!!
Old 28th October 2006, 19:52   #30
BHPian

The question is to be or not to be... I guess I would wait towards the end of November I guess till then the scene might be a bit more clearer.
Tried a lot of dealers in New Delhi but no avail they seem to be oblivious to the showdown of the new Baleno.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks