Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2006, 03:08   #46

hi, i came across this thread researching the baleno. perhaps your opinions can help me reach a decision.

i am on a look out to buy a second-hand car -preferably a sedan - and have CNG fitted on to it. i have checked out a 2005 baleno which has done about 10000 kms and seems in good condition. i was extremely impressed by its engine and how well behaved it seemed on the road. the quoted price is 4.5 lacs. my question is this - is this a good price given the impending launch of the new model in a few months.
Second, is there a similar car with the same performance/hassle-free ownership/low maintenance in which i can have CNG installed?
I intend to keep the car for maybe 3-4 years and hence resale is important as well.

budget:3.5-4.5L
avg distance travelled/day :100 kms.
other cars shortlisted : esteem vxi/lxi
Old 2nd November 2006, 11:39   #47
BHPian

Good choice speedme, what discount are you finally getting? what colour?
The Vxi in black is a killer, I was stuck with pearl silver at the time I got one as there was no choice and I could not wait (tax reasons).
Old 2nd November 2006, 12:02   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinmist
the quoted price is 4.5 lacs.
Good price.Provided, the condition,papers are proper too.
Old 2nd November 2006, 22:16   #49
BHPian

Finally Gents, Speedme is ready to roll... Have found 1 Baleno Lxi at a showroom in gurgaon and none in Delhi... Thanks to someone I happen to meet who works for Maruti.
The discount scheme on the baleno has replaced with a nasty one... Free insurance and MGA worth 23K which does not make sense.. However I was ablt to get 55K cash disc. Going in for the Pearl Silver Lxi..
Shorlisted neo 14" Alloys with Goodyear Eagle II.
And for news they have 1 more which they will be getting in a day's time... In case anyone needs it PM me and will let you know the Dealer...

Vrrroooommmmmm.....
Old 3rd November 2006, 04:18   #50
BHPian

Should I wait for the Baleno relaunch?

Definitely yes! The new Baleno is said to be Maruti's new trump card coming in November 2006 along with the new Zen.

More details here : http://www.autocarindia.com/new/Information.asp?id=1512
Old 3rd November 2006, 15:07   #51
BHPian

The information I have from reliable sourcse is that the New Baleno is some time away...at least 7-8 months. The sequence of launches goes like this : New Zen within a months time, Swift diesel around March 07 and then the New Baleno a few months later. My guess is they'll launch the car a little before Diwali next year. Apparently, demand for the current Baleno has increased quite a bit and hence the lower discounts. They are trying to maintain a demand - supply balance to avoid stocks piling up when the New Baleno is ready for launch. In fact there could very well be a small waiting period.
Old 3rd November 2006, 16:15   #52
Senior - BHPian

Floyd, I agree with the timeline you mentioned. Seems quite plausible, given the other launches that MUL has planned (Zen, Swift-D). Anyway, I hope they give a good car and price it right, unlike last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza
Apparently, demand for the current Baleno has increased quite a bit and hence the lower discounts.
Hmmm, so unpredictable are the ways of the market.
Launched in '99 with a extra-heavy price tag. No takers at that price.
Still around for next 3-4 years, with only a few bought now and then.
Then comes the slew of discounts around 94-95 and it becomes popular again (not in the league of the segment leaders, but still a pretty good increase in sales).
And now they lower the discounts as demand is up.
Old 6th November 2006, 08:19   #53
Senior - BHPian

Pratham Motors say they have no idea about the new Baleno! It must be atleast next Q2. In any case, the order of the launches is Zen, Swift Diesel and then the Baleno.. So its quite a wait actually.
Old 7th January 2007, 16:34   #54
Team-BHP Support

GUYS....

i went to the showroom to check out offers on the baleno...

the on road price here is 6,13,766 for the LXi- 50,000 off- 10,000 upgradation bonus+ accessories free+ Extended warranty... Which kinda brings it near to 5.5L... A steal, i would say, at 20k more than esteem...

Only drawback being the looks, and the replacement too close...
Old 7th January 2007, 19:06   #55
BHPian

"the on road price here is 6,13,766 for the LXi- 50,000 off- 10,000 upgradation bonus+ accessories free+ Extended warranty... Which kinda brings it near to 5.5L... "
Hi CrazyDriver: I could not very well understand the upgradation bonus? What is that for? Is it some exchange bonus or something else? Also What exactly is the On road price including all insurance charges+Registration+extended warranty? Is it possible for you to please help me.... because my elder brother is interested in Baleno but then I thought if it is more that 6.3 lacs then probably its better to get a Honda city Exi for 7.1 L...
Old 7th January 2007, 20:14   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendi View Post
Hi CrazyDriver: I could not very well understand the upgradation bonus? What is that for? Is it some exchange bonus or something else? Also What exactly is the On road price including all insurance charges+Registration+extended warranty? Is it possible for you to please help me.... because my elder brother is interested in Baleno but then I thought if it is more that 6.3 lacs then probably its better to get a Honda city Exi for 7.1 L...
Its like this... the price is 6.13L on road...

50,000 off ... 5.63L

If you upgrade to the baleno from any previous car... Exchange bonus... 10,000 makes it 5. 53L

Basic accessories free and extended warranty (Here they call it unlimited care package... Dont know if its the same)

The on road price would be around 5.5L... Here... City on road price would come a decent 2L more, right??? (Though its still a better option... Other than the performance)
Old 1st February 2007, 00:23   #57
Senior - BHPian

Dad's looking at buying a new car too. Purchase to happen within the next 4 weeks and this is crucial, it cannot be delayed longer.

Originally choice was between Getz & Swift. Mainly with size as a deciding factor. Have suggested the Baleno base model.

The car will be retained for upto 5 years and primarily for city use (not if I get my hands on it.. ehehehe)
Old 2nd February 2007, 17:39   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
the on road price here is 6,13,766 for the LXi- 50,000 off- 10,000 upgradation bonus+ accessories free+ Extended warranty... Which kinda brings it near to 5.5L... A steal, i would say, at 20k more than esteem...
Guys in Kerala have it good when it comes to road tax - I guess it is half of what it is in TN.
Old 2nd February 2007, 17:49   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Guys in Kerala have it good when it comes to road tax - I guess it is half of what it is in TN.
and about a fourth of what it is in Bangy And Kerala roads a much better than Bangalore roads.
Old 2nd February 2007, 17:57   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
and about a fourth of what it is in Bangy
Yeah, atleast we in Chennai have it better than Bangy. Why can't they just standardise the tax rates all over India ? And while they are at it, maybe work on the different tax structures prevalent in different states for other products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
And Kerala roads a much better than Bangalore roads.
Yeah, the roads in Kerala are a lot better now. And to think that a few years ago, they were the yuckiest around.

Most Viewed