Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2006, 17:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram
They had used with the temp registrations company use for testing cars
dont you think that some ford employee, only a very influential one at that, would love to keep his hands on the car, if it was such a good piece like you think it is ? here's some sidhuism for you . better to be wise & prevent than to be foolish & repent. )
Old 7th November 2006, 17:52   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
Also, madbullram, there is one thing in life that i have learnt. Nothing good in life comes easy. And ford is not a generous donor to give away their cars like that. i can understand that you are all ga ga over the fiesta, but that will not come cheap. i hope you understand.
I am in complete agreement with Esteem Lover.No one is doing charity here.And you can pretty much forget about ethics in the Indian context.
We do respect the fact that there must be some rationale in your decision making process.But we just want to caution you since this very forum has witnessed bad things happening to unsuspecting customers.
Recently someone got a brand new Fiesta with 800 kms on the odo with some lame excuse given.That car should'nt have been accepted.Maybe it was a car used for test drives.In the worst case scenario it could be one of those preproduction models we are discussing here.I really hope that was'nt the case.But who knows.
I had a TD of a brand new Baleno at a dealer's workshop which was going to be delivered to a customer in a few days.That car had a faulty clutch bearing.The sales person cooly replied that it would be taken care off during pre delivery inspection.And I was like hello,this is a brand new car.The look on his face was as if these things are normal.
During the july rains in Mumbai last year,flood affected Maruti cars were quickly shifted to Nasik and other small towns nearby,refurbished and sold to unsuspecting cutomers.This is what i've heard from someone so I'm not sure if its true.But I wont be surprised if it was.
The more you understand these manufacturer-dealer tactics/practices,the more you realise that its best to tread with caution and suspicion,especially in your case.
All said and done,follow your instincts and do what you feel is right.

Last edited by roms : 7th November 2006 at 17:57.
Old 7th November 2006, 17:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

Now why is ford not as confident as you are with regard to this car[No warranty from ford india],if it was not used for testing and used only by the ford MD.

If you could get so much insider information as to what the car was used for,you could surely sneak in a good mechanic and have a very good look at the car and for a few bucks extra that test-drive may just be managed.

Lets make comments about the deal after a proper inspection of the car atleast.

Ps: The fusion[brand new] is a good alternative with regards to the fiesta for people with a tight budget,have you considered it.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 7th November 2006 at 18:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks