Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2006, 16:20   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
jigars gives around 4 he says which i dunno if its true. thats in sonata bracket...
that probably is an autobox with some really bad and loud pipes then!!
A corolla easily gives 10kmpl.

btw, have seen some 'guaranteed resale value' tags on cedia ads, anyone knows whats that for?

manson.

Last edited by manson : 27th November 2006 at 16:22.
Old 27th November 2006, 16:43   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

btw, have seen some 'guaranteed resale value' tags on cedia ads, anyone knows whats that for?

manson.
I checked with the dealer. they are saying the guranteed resale value of Cedia is 40% of the invoice value after 3 years.. they have some kind of arrangement with AutoMart.

but need to check the fine prints.. have asked them to send the details.
Old 27th November 2006, 17:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

thats less than 4 lakhs. it is pretty bad. i am sure you can get more than that from the market. a 1999 Lancer sells for 2L now after 7 years.
Old 27th November 2006, 17:15   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantu View Post
I checked with the dealer. they are saying the guranteed resale value of Cedia is 40% of the invoice value after 3 years.. they have some kind of arrangement with AutoMart.

but need to check the fine prints.. have asked them to send the details.
Corolla too has similar tie-up with AutoMart.. guranteed resale value at 45% after 3 years.. but one has to take loan from ICICI to avail this.

For Cedia no need to take loan from ICICI, it is the dealer who has tie-up with AutoMart.
Old 28th November 2006, 00:47   #20
Team-BHP Support

an average depreciation followed commonly is, 25% for the first year, 20% on the second, and another 20% for the thiord, these are all on reducing balance method. hence you lose, 25% in the first year, 20% of 75 % (100-25% for first year) for the seond year, i.e. 15% effectively, and 20% on the balance for the third year, all this computes to a residual value of 48% after three years.

So a dealer promising 40% on a car witrh bad resale value seems like a good deal, just hope that there arent too many clauses that one has to cope with, like car is in this shape, excellent shape, etc

manson.
Old 30th November 2006, 17:25   #21

Thanks to everyone for responding.

For me now the choice is between NHC Vtec and Cedia, Corolla is not there in the list mainly due to Looks (subjective) and fun-to-drive factor.

guys.. help me narrow down between the two (heart is going for Cedia and head for Vtec) or if you have some other suggestion.. Key factors are coming down to fun-to-drive, easy-to-maintain and resale value.

btw, I just got to read this..
Mitsubishi Cedia dominates National Rally Championship

Thanks again..
Old 30th November 2006, 17:52   #22
BHPian

Toyotas are known for reliability. NHC is a C segment car. So between Cedia and Corolla, Corolla definitely wins hands down.
Old 30th November 2006, 18:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Had recommended the corolla in my earlier post but since you are ok with C segment cars then these are two Drivers cars which you should consider as well:

1>.Ford Fiesta 1.6
2>.Hyundai verna CRDi

The first cars flaw is that its a ford,the second is a diesel but is more powerful than the vtec and at the same time more economical .
Old 30th November 2006, 19:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend Mitsubishi Cedia!
It is fresh, luxury look n feel, proven Rally Car etc!
Old 30th November 2006, 22:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Doesnt the resale value differ from City to city?? For sure prices in Mumbai are much less than those in Bangalore.. Thoughts?
Old 1st December 2006, 02:47   #26

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

based on your three criteria's for selecting btween the cedia and the nhc vtec:cedia is more fun to drive,both are easy to maintain,nhc will give you better fuel efficiency.
but the cedia has more kit with abs,ebd,,airbags etc .not to forget that you will get a lot of body kits,performance add ons for the cedia.
cedia no doubt is more value for money.also depends on how much your going to drive as the fuel efficiency will then help you decide better.
Old 1st December 2006, 08:46   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Toyotas are known for reliability. NHC is a C segment car. So between Cedia and Corolla, Corolla definitely wins hands down.
but unfortunately Corolla is not in my final shortlist.. due to looks (subjective) and fun-to-drive factor..

Thanks.
Old 1st December 2006, 08:55   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Doesnt the resale value differ from City to city?? For sure prices in Mumbai are much less than those in Bangalore.. Thoughts?
I think resale prices will differ from city to city.. mainly it boils down to demand and supply and could be other factors as well..
Old 1st December 2006, 12:25   #29
BHPian

Cedia is my choice. NHC is a bad looker and less featured for its power specs. Corolla Exec is badly stripped down with not even basic reqmnts like Alloys,ABS,Airbags for a D-segment car. Cedia comes with a 2 ltr engine and has been detuned heavily to favour FE. I am sure there is lot of scope for mods on this machine to make it much meaner. 40% guarantee is a good thing to have considering that Mitsus/HM are not famous for resale value.
Old 1st December 2006, 15:14   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

even my choice is a cedia..in yellow with big mag wheels, it can beat the hell outta many good lookers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks