Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2006, 22:46   #31

Any idea how many Cedias are being sold every month..??

Since HM has slashed the prices.. and with low sales,
is there a possibility of HM discontinuing Cedia ??
Old 2nd December 2006, 00:27   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Bro go for Cedia.
Its bigger, much better to drive, more comfortable, safer and better looking.
I doubt HM will discontinue the Cedia. They haven't discontinued the Lancer.
Cheers
Old 2nd December 2006, 01:06   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantu View Post
Thanks to everyone for responding.

For me now the choice is between NHC Vtec and Cedia, Corolla is not there in the list mainly due to Looks (subjective) and fun-to-drive factor.

guys.. help me narrow down between the two (heart is going for Cedia and head for Vtec) or if you have some other suggestion.. Key factors are coming down to fun-to-drive, easy-to-maintain and resale value.
Fun-to-drive: NHC's vtec engine is sheer delight, even though its a bit refined for some tastes. The cedia's engine is no great shakes, but the handling is better than NHC. Both have same 0-100 timings as per ACI. And once you upgrade the tyres, NHC should handle well at high speeds as well.

Easy-to-maintain: NHC no doubt - also, with very few Cedia's being sold, spare parts might be an issue in coming years.

Resale value: NHC all the way - Cedia resale value will hit rock-bottom (if it hasnt already)

Frankly, I dont believe the Cedia has much going for it for anyone to ignore its long-term ownership issues and resale value.

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 2nd December 2006 at 01:10.
Old 2nd December 2006, 19:39   #34
BHPian

Go for a corolla ever though i am hardcore mitsu Fan cause once you drive a lancer at 100 KMPH or more on Himalays you will not like anything else this side of BMW but unfortunately lancer cedia has to carry a HM badge and no body in this country will give you a good price if tommarow you want to sell it like you will not get more than 4 lacks for it in 3 years where as a cheaper corolla you will be able to sell for 5 or may be 5.5 but if its you who is oging to be at driver seat and u know how to use ur machine then its cediaaaaaa
Old 3rd December 2006, 10:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

cedia is the car to go for if u plan to hold this car for 3-5 years. by that time the resale value really does not matter.. it offers more for less and defenelty bcos of the low numbers it has sold has that added novelty value... and its surely not a bad car..

corolla has undergone a facelift and that shud hit our markets soon. so u could either wait for it or get good discounts on the older look ( the present one) once the new one is launched

city vtec is a good car and i agree to all that is said about this car ( im myself a OHC owner) but one thing im not sure of is the RESALE VALUE OF THIS PARTICULAR MODEL...the OHC had a superb market bcos of its great looks, and performance connotations and hence a lot of youngsters went for this car...the NEW CITY would sure have a good resale value among a slightly older crowd for its honda badge and mileage....but im not sure which segment of buyers the NHC VTEC is going to attract in the used car market ??? hence resale value of NHC VTEC may not be as good as its made out to be
Old 3rd December 2006, 11:04   #36
Senior - BHPian

Your needs

FE- Here in North America a corolla gives more fe than Cedia. Wonder how that has changed in India. maybe due to Detuning. I havent tried the NHC vtec but should give 1-2 kms more to a litre.

- Performance:- Usually this part is very subjective. Ask yourself if you need so much power. All cars are pretty much capable if you have the skills. Better looks at handling capabilities instead.

- VFM- For the maintainence aspect you have made a separate point so it should be cedia here for the features.

- Long Term Ownership ([/b]maintenance)- Any of the cars will give you peace of mind over a long term.

From the three I would suggest the cedia though just because of the long list of features. Its not as appealing as the old lancer was at its time though.
Old 3rd December 2006, 12:46   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Corolla seems quite infamouse for its low mileage and NHC Vtech is not as quick as OHC Vtech. Which leaves Cedia right up your block...go for this one and especially the canary yellow..there are so few of them on road.i am sure your car will stand out . Ofcourse this decision based on you not lookiing at the slightly expensive spares of Cedia compared to others and also not sure if A.S.S of HM improved over the years
Dude, two points:

1. The manual Corolla gives excellent mileage. Its not a hogger from any angle.

2. HM / Mitsubishi have always had good levels of service quality. If anything it may have gone down from previous levels today, but in the Lancer heydays...they won the JD a couple of times in a row. I have experienced the excellent service of Mitsu firsthand.
Old 3rd December 2006, 14:43   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Dude, two points:

1. The manual Corolla gives excellent mileage. Its not a hogger from any angle.

2. HM / Mitsubishi have always had good levels of service quality. If anything it may have gone down from previous levels today, but in the Lancer heydays...they won the JD a couple of times in a row. I have experienced the excellent service of Mitsu firsthand.

Yet to meet a Corolla owner who's unhappy about FE. My bro in law is now considering one and he travels a lot on the road.

Mitsubishi service in Mumbai has been pretty good to us when we had a Lancer. Metro Motors to be exact. Never felt like we were overcharged or shortchanged.
Old 3rd December 2006, 18:40   #39
BHPian

Surprising

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
from corollas ive heard 8 max... jigars gives around 4 he says which i dunno if its true. thats in sonata bracket...
Advise the person to get the car checked. My Corolla gives around 10.75 in the city with AC on(though AC may not be a load on the fuel given bangalore's current climate) - for about 4 months now. I drive to work through congested south bangalore streets where it takes me 55 minutes to 70 minutes to cover 18km each way.
Therefore, the figure of '4' looks extremely surprising to me.
Old 3rd December 2006, 20:56   #40
Senior - BHPian

recently the insurance on our lancer had expired. We had some trouble getting one from Autonova Mitsubishi recently. Finally we got it from somewhere else. Autonova claimed the insurance guy was at fault but for the consumer its still the dealership that's at fault. Otherwise service and support for the car is usually good.
Old 4th December 2006, 01:25   #41
BHPian

cedia's spare parts are the most expensive in its segment!

Hey bantu ,buddy if maintainance is one of your key factors then i would suggest you to keep away from Mitsu Cedia . The spare patrs costs are exorbitant ,the most expensive in its segment ,even more than the Skoda Vrs ...

It is a good VFM but please do give a thought to those exorbitant spare parts price . for more info on the Spare parts of various cars, please refer to the Autocar India issue of Nov 2006 ...
I would suggest you the tried and tested corolla .
Old 4th December 2006, 06:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

OK guys... I have been following this thread for quite sometime now and i have personally checked both the cars..

1. Corolla... Executive -- no mags / airbags etc etc... with a whopping 45K off in bangalore + loyalty (offered to me as i own a Prado) 15K

colors -- champaigne gold, white, silver -- executive model only

2. Cedia -- Executive -- all the goodies... only difference between the Elegance model and the executive is
a. No leather seats
b. No Music system
Price 9.58 L + free accessories worth 7K..
colors -- pearl white, crimson red, navy blue,
Sorry -- no yellow, red or black in this varient.

Also since i am also on the lookout for another car and the corolla H1 (Not Executive) looks good with better discounts offered on it i called up the mitsu showroom and told them about the offers that toyota is offering
and i also asked them to atleast match up on offers.... The mitsu guys has taken time till today afternoon (dec 4th) and will call me back with the best offers..

Lets hope for the best...
By the way...Both the cars are a dream to drive...and the cedia is better looking...and handles better too.

Godfather
Old 4th December 2006, 09:03   #43
Senior - BHPian

How much is the Civic Manual going for? Wouldnt that make a better buy in the higher price range?
Old 4th December 2006, 09:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post

Price 9.58 L + free accessories worth 7K..
My mistake... The cedia is 9.53 and not 9.58.. anyways the mitsubishi guys called me and the best offer they have is 9.50 on road + accessories worth 10K...

Also i spoke about the resale value and they specified on the point that the cedia is a new car in the market and they have sold over 250 units in bangalore alone???? out of which i have personally seen 5 cars..and since the car is new there are no second hand vehicles available...soooooo pointing to the second hand value does not do justice to the vehicle..and i agreed to that..(what was i thinking)..the depreciation is around 20% per year and after 3 years the value is estimated to around 4L + also depends on the vehicles maintainence...

What do you say guys...(me think swift zxi is better...if only i can get my hands on that 2 door version )

Godfather
Old 4th December 2006, 10:57   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
My mistake... The cedia is 9.53 and not 9.58.. anyways the mitsubishi guys called me and the best offer they have is 9.50 on road + accessories worth 10K...
You might get another 5-10K in accessories..

[/quote]
Also i spoke about the resale value and they specified on the point that the cedia is a new car in the market and they have sold over 250 units in bangalore alone???? out of which i have personally seen 5 cars..and since the car is new there are no second hand vehicles available...soooooo pointing to the second hand value does not do justice to the vehicle..and i agreed to that..(what was i thinking)..the depreciation is around 20% per year and after 3 years the value is estimated to around 4L + also depends on the vehicles maintainence...

Godfather[/quote]

Poor resale.. I think this is where Cedia is hitting rough road, but I would say if you are planning to keep the car for 3-5 years, then it should be OK (somebody else also pointed out this...)

Now, for me the only thing which is holding me to go for Cedia is what if HM/Mitsu discontinue Cedia.. Also, Mitsubushi's commitment to India??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks