Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2006, 12:43   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantu View Post
Poor resale.. I think this is where Cedia is hitting rough road, but I would say if you are planning to keep the car for 3-5 years, then it should be OK (somebody else also pointed out this...)

Now, for me the only thing which is holding me to go for Cedia is what if HM/Mitsu discontinue Cedia.. Also, Mitsubushi's commitment to India??
still i have not figured out as to why are people already discussing the resale value of a cedia..there are no second hand cedia's in the market yet.... the car was released in March 06 if i am not mistaken...9 months... isint it too soon to decide???

i dont think HM will discontinue the cedia..they will probably come out with a upgraded version... This is the same model sold abroad also... the only next models they can get to India are the evo's from mitsubishi..which i think there is lot of time...

Godfather
Old 4th December 2006, 12:58   #47
Senior - BHPian

HM = Ambassador. I hope you have your answer.
Old 4th December 2006, 23:05   #48
Senior - BHPian

Is Cedia coming up with another version which has no air bags and alloys?
Old 10th December 2006, 19:34   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Is Cedia coming up with another version which has no air bags and alloys?
Yeah, you can expect another "Cedia Economy" with bench seats in front and regular steel wheels, no, ABS, no power windows, no A/c for about 7.5 lacs! Target would be taxi drivers.
Old 27th December 2006, 15:42   #50

am back after a short vacation..

have almost decided to go for Cedia.. need to ask the Dealer if height of the front passenger seat can be raised say by an inch or so. Any idea if that's possible?

Thanks.
Old 28th December 2006, 21:43   #51
Senior - BHPian

every car in the 10lacs category come with a height adjuster. check it out though as they select version maynot have that.
Old 30th December 2006, 04:27   #52
BHPian

have you enquired for Cedia executive, its available at 925 OTR mumbai, you will not get leather seats and music system though.
Old 30th December 2006, 06:45   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantu View Post
am back after a short vacation..
have almost decided to go for Cedia.. need to ask the Dealer if height of the front passenger seat can be raised say by an inch or so. Any idea if that's possible?
Thanks.
If it does not have an adjuster, the seat can be permanently raised by using a spacer under the seat. You need to find a smart mechanic to do that.
Old 30th December 2006, 07:58   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
If it does not have an adjuster, the seat can be permanently raised by using a spacer under the seat. You need to find a smart mechanic to do that.
Or...use a Pillow

Godfather
Old 11th January 2007, 16:23   #55

finally.. I have booked Cedia. Hopefully will be getting it in a few days.

Thanks to all of you for giving very useful inputs.

Just one quick question -

Is it OK to go on long drive (say for 500 KMs one way) on a new car

OR

should we first drive it within city and not push engine too much till first servicing is done (1000 KMs).

waiting for your inputs.

Thanks.
Old 11th January 2007, 17:26   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

@Bantu, congrats for the new car...do post some pics soon..btw, which color you got...tell me...its yellow

new age engines ask for much less during run-in periods. you can certainely go for a long drive. however, try to stay within 2.5 to 3K rpms, speed is immaterial.

I went for a 600km trip before i completed by 1K and stayed between that rpm range and never crossed 100kmph, just to be on the safer side.

enjoy the long drive and do post your initial impressions of the car after you come back from your trip
Old 11th January 2007, 17:36   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@Bantu, congrats for the new car...do post some pics soon..btw, which color you got...tell me...its yellow
Thanks.. I have taken Elegance variant, and unfortunately they don't paint it with yellow and not even black. It's Ashton Grey.
Old 11th January 2007, 17:43   #58
BHPian

Hi! Congratulations for getting a cedia. According to me, there should not be any problem if you take the new car on a long drive, just make sure that you do not strain the engine i.e. over rev the engine or slog it in higher gears. Awaiting your reply regarding the driving impression of the cedia and also waiting for some pictures.
Old 11th January 2007, 18:11   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not a fan of that color though, after a year or so if not taken care properly, it may look quite dull. If it was me, i would have gone for the following color in order:-

French Claret
Pearl White
Nordic Blue
Old 11th January 2007, 18:22   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I am not a fan of that color though, after a year or so if not taken care properly, it may look quite dull. If it was me, i would have gone for the following color in order:-

French Claret
Pearl White
Nordic Blue
I liked French Claret as well.. But i thought color shine may go off after some time. May be I was wrong :-)

For me, it was close betn Nordic Blue and Grey. Tomorrow dealer is showing me one more color (recent add) - Warm Silver. So who knows... I have time till tomorrow afternoon. So I don't mind getting inputs on color selection as well. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks