Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2006, 14:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hi flipsyde
Welcome to Team BHP & hope you are having a wonderful time as we all are. For your budget of 3.5 Lakhs, a good OHC 1.5 is a rarity. These dealers in chennai quote sky high prices & will make you believe that this car has been rarely used by rewinding the odometer. I see the Lancer as the best option due to its low resale value & is a good car for mods. The second choice would be an esteem. you will get 2004/5 VXI models for 3.5 Lakhs, a pretty good buy, i must say.

p.s where do you plan to get the ICE done ?
Old 1st December 2006, 22:52   #17
BHPian

hmmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustDevil View Post
How much should an mpfi esteem engine cost? Either New or Old! Where to source it from?
dunno abt new but i was quoted close to 80k when i went to check if the engine drop could be done to my maruti 1000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
@flipsyde dont put off your OHC hunt completely[especially the 1.3],it is a very good car the only problem is that you will come across some greedy owners in your search for one.
yeah true.... some of these owners really make if difficult....but u really think 1.3 OHC is the way to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not punch enough???
The figures wont suggest much... But the baleno has on of the sweetest engine, i guess only bettered by OHC VTec...

Plus... Its much more reliable than the lancer...

it doesnt look good, but can be made to...
u think the baleno engine is better than the 1.5 OHC too???
Old 1st December 2006, 22:58   #18
BHPian

team up w/esteem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Hi flipsyde
Welcome to Team BHP & hope you are having a wonderful time as we all are. For your budget of 3.5 Lakhs, a good OHC 1.5 is a rarity. These dealers in chennai quote sky high prices & will make you believe that this car has been rarely used by rewinding the odometer. I see the Lancer as the best option due to its low resale value & is a good car for mods. The second choice would be an esteem. you will get 2004/5 VXI models for 3.5 Lakhs, a pretty good buy, i must say.

p.s where do you plan to get the ICE done ?
hey esteem lover.... the dealers here are bound to rip people off! but i got this guy in calicut who owns a garage and also deals in cars..... guy is known to me...... says tht getting a car from mumbai and re registering in chennai should be a worthy deal.... i'm still lookin into tht as of now. as for the esteem i love the car.... i jus wanted to see how far my moolah would take me!

as for the ICE i wanted to pik my gear myself and get sound works to install it for me.... he's put up in royapettah....
Old 3rd December 2006, 21:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

flipsyde, I dont think buying in Mumbai is such a wise move. you will be reaching the same figure after all the trouble & the car would have the re-registered trade mark which would fetch atrociously low resale value. i saw a 2003 OHC Black , I owner, 29000KMs. the dealer was quoting 4.17. i am sure that could be bargained for 3.5-3.6.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks