Team-BHP - Honda Civic AT or Corrolla VVti Auto
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Honda Civic AT or Corrolla VVti Auto (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/19676-honda-civic-corrolla-vvti-auto.html)

Dear Guys,

Before u jump on me with all other choices Let me be clear . I am in Nigeria and need to choose between these two ( off course others available are Puegot 407 and Hyundai Accent as well as host of others)

but these two command the status and The cars are being paid by my office and the shortlist is two

My heart says Civic . I find the all the gizmo's irresistible along with the looks . The corolla on the other hand has more resale value.

Following is not to be considered _ I repeat Not into consideration

1. Fuel economy ( fuel here is 15 Rs./ltr) and also paid by my company
2. Aafter sales service - As all of them are bad one way or the other here
3. cost of spare parts etc - again paid by company
4. Boot space or rear legroom - as I have a Mitsubishi Pajero with driver and the Saloon to be bought is only for my self/wife to drive around city

What do matter

1. Quality of air-con and noise on min mode
2. all the tidbits such as folding power mirrors
3. Driving comfort
4. type of Audio and sound of Audio system factory fitted
5. safety features

The roads in Abuja are normally comparable to Delhi or better occasionally getting 6 lanes but on an average 2 to 3 lanes with cruising speed of 120 Km/Ph but also with with bumper to Bumper traffic in peak hours and market areas

Please keep the advise rolling. and thanking in advance.

Best Regards

Pranil

Hey friend

I beleive you must go for the civic. the corolla is outdated though it looks more sturdier compared to civic. The civic on the other hand is fresh, gives better mileage and would definitely command resale value as well.

The toyota might be a bit VFM at the moment, but u wont regret going in for the civic. The front looks sizzle though they seem to have given very large lights at the back!

Happy choosing and driving. :)

First and foremost mods kindly shift this query to international cars section since it will create confusion.

1>interior of the honda civic in nigeria is:

2>.exterior of honda civic:

3>.exterior of toyota corolla

4>.interior of the corolla

When I was in africa thought it was mesmerised by toyota and think you should stick with toyota,but your query could be answered better if we knew which cars you are comparing [the civic in India is like the southafrican model],so are these the cars or are they different models.

I would side with a Toyota anyday (plus the Civic there is a gen old too)..

Aside: When was petrol at 15 bucks for a litre in India? I guess a few of us werent even born back then!!

I don't think it would be right for us to comment on this. Both cars sold there are completely diff from the ones we get here.

Shan2nu

i dont think any of us in india coulod give appropriate advice for you to buy in nigeria, BTW, is there a maruthi showroom there ??? if yes, please get an esteem or a baleno ... lol

MODS: Please delete one of these posts. thank you

Guys Lot of misconceptions

In Nigeria u get the latest Civic which is from Thailand factory - I assume The indian one resembles a lot as they were launched few months apart

as far as corrola goes it is also 9th genration almost same as Indian one but with few extra tricks up the sleev such as rain sensing wipers. (which I presume were made available in India recently)

Please consider the cars as availble in India and indicate ur choice

I would go with the Civic - considering the crime rate - reliability is important. Only issue is - will driving a fancy car, get you the wrong attention?

Go in with the civic it is good car in almost all repects except its harsh ride which considering the roads is no bother,and it has one of the best feature coupled in with the auto,i.e, the f1-style paddle shift.l

look man'
this is not a difficult competition
u should definitely go for honda civic

Based on the India models (Corolla Auto (G) and Civic paddle shift).

The Civic is more fun (more power). The Corolla makes more sense (cheaper).
What part of your body are you trying to satisfy your head or your heart?

The paddle shift to me is a gimmick but my wife says it is nice to have auto or sprots-manual in one car.