Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which C2 segment sedan would you choose?
Toyota Yaris 93 14.86%
Honda City 179 28.59%
Maruti Ciaz 48 7.67%
Hyundai Verna 169 27.00%
Skoda Rapid 67 10.70%
Volkswagen Vento 46 7.35%
Fiat Linea 17 2.72%
Other (please specify in your post) 7 1.12%
Voters: 626. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2019, 23:21   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Yaris vs other C2 segment sedans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
There you go! Highest automatic version of Aspire v/s lowest version of Yaris.I know your choice will be the Yaris. But do you think the Aspire will be safe? It's illogical comparing Yaris with Aspire on safety. A 7 airbag car is any day safer than a 2 airbags car. But still..

The car will be kept till it dies. Now comment on the resale between Yaris and Aspire
To the entire forum: Dragging this on as having owned and sold 4 cars + currently having a second car Wagon R used by my wife, want no more experiments. Want to get it just right this time. Age is 40 if that helps

How safe will a 2 airbag car over a 7-airbag one is not a mathematical equation. (7/2-1 = 2.5 times safe!) Safety depends on a lot of factors besides airbags.

I think the forum has already given the vote, and you are looking confirmation of your choice! You don't need to stick with forum choice. Otherwise everyone in India would buy same car in each segment. It is the freedom of choice and the variety in everyone's preferences that is the reason behind so many choices for car buyers.

Frankly, I doubt any third party will say 'go for Aspire over Yaris'. But we don't have any emotional investment in this. You have.

In such dilemma, I usually ask myself, what would I repent more? Doing one thing or doing the other? The thing that I would repent the least is a good choice. Similarly, think which car would make you repent more in future? Will it be Yaris because it did not have features you could have had by Aspire, or will it be Aspire because of missing safety features and being a vehicle form class (or two) below Yaris? Ask your future self to take decisions, becasuse he is going to be affected by this decision.

Last edited by ani_meher : 3rd March 2019 at 23:24.
ani_meher is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 09:23   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any comments on the Aspire front Sir?
My choice is still Yaris. It is a proper compact sedan with good build quality, big engine, CVT, safety kit, and big boot.

I am a person who does not bother much about latest tech features even when I am driving much expensive cars. Comfortable seats, basic ergonomics, good music system, fit, and finish are all that matters to me.

Yaris has it's share of drawbacks. Rear seat space, head room, front arm rest, and looks are few of them.

It is up to you to take decision based on your requirements.

I was planning to buy J CVT variant during year end sale and use part of saved money to spruce up the exterior and interior.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 12:56   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
My choice is still Yaris. It is a proper compact sedan with good build quality, big engine, CVT, safety kit, and big boot.

Yaris is not a compact sedan! It is a proper Sedan with length as much as new Ertiga (4425mm)
Old 4th March 2019, 13:25   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Yaris is not a compact sedan! It is a proper Sedan with length as much as new Ertiga (4425mm)
Guess he meant by global standards. Globally Honda City, Yaris and likes are compact sedans and corolla onwards the proper sedan segment starts. Only in India due to the sub-4m rule we have the subcompact sedan segment.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 22:54   #125
BHPian

Quote:

I was planning to buy J CVT variant during year end sale and use part of saved money to spruce up the exterior and interior.
Thanks Latheesh. Did you end up purchasing one?Looks like now the seat covers from Toyota are also available.
Old 6th March 2019, 04:49   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Beige seat cover may get dirty fast and aftermarket seat cover cannot be fitted due to airbags

OEM and After Market seat covers are available. Please refer to following post - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4553768 (My 2018 Pearl White Toyota Yaris V CVT)
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 14:21   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Latheesh. Did you end up purchasing one?Looks like now the seat covers from Toyota are also available.
No, I did not buy due to personal reasons.
Old 11th March 2019, 13:38   #128
BHPian

Quote:
To the entire forum: Dragging this on as having owned and sold 4 cars + currently having a second car Wagon R used by my wife, want no more experiments. Want to get it just right this time. Age is 40 if that helps
I would still stick to the Yaris as a safer choice. There is a question mark on the future of Ford in India. With better after sales service and as a more complete package a Toyota makes far more sense.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 13:06   #129
BHPian

Due apologies if this is a bit OT, but I found this thread to be a suitable one to post my predicament. I am on the lookout for a sedan / mpv with a light steering and clutch. Well I know it would sound a bit odd among so many other features one may look for in a car. It has been necessitated due to my shoulder and leg getting operated upon.

I have a Linea Tjet and a nano. I love both of them as they are a perfect fit in their respective areas. Trouble is that after couple of recent Tjet highway drives, my shoulder and leg get too sore after every drive and the discomfort is something I cannot ignore for long. Both the steering and clutch are on the heavy side. While I have no issue with my Tjet and its one hell of a machine, I need to reset my priorities on health front. My budget is around 10 lakhs or so and my next car will definitely be an automatic.

My mind veers towards the lower variants of Yaris CVT for its safety features and Toyota badge reliability. Also thinking of Ertiga automatic, Honda CVT. Can esteemed form members give pointers to me on a suitable automatic vehicle with light steering and clutch which is a priority? Though not a priority factor, we are a family of 5 folks.

As regards this poll, my vote goes to Yaris as it offers CVT across all variants and has top safety features. Safety is paramount given our increasingly chaotic traffic conditions and crowded roads.

Last edited by SSD2122 : 13th May 2019 at 13:07. Reason: formatting
Old 13th May 2019, 13:34   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To the entire forum: Dragging this on as having owned and sold 4 cars +
currently having a second car Wagon R used by my wife, want no more experiments.
The car will be kept till it dies
Want to get it just right this time. Age is 40 if that helps
The Yaris is the proper sedan of the two. At this age bracket quite frankly Toyota's make more sense. It will be reliable and trouble free basically things people want more as they mature. And it will be a car that will hard to kill given the robustness of Toyota's cars. I suggest ask for a long test drive back to back for both cars and then decide. I would prefer Toyota Sedan or over a Ford sedan any day considering Ford is giving the step motherly treatment to it's sedans in other parts of the world.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 14:03   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
My mind veers towards the lower variants of Yaris CVT for its safety features and Toyota badge reliability. Also thinking of Ertiga automatic, Honda CVT. Can esteemed form members give pointers to me on a suitable automatic vehicle with light steering and clutch which is a priority? Though not a priority factor, we are a family of 5 folks.

As regards this poll, my vote goes to Yaris as it offers CVT across all variants and has top safety features. Safety is paramount given our increasingly chaotic traffic conditions and crowded roads.
If I were looking for a long term buy, and rear legspace and headroom wasn't a big priority - I'd pick the Yaris.
If a peppier engine, and better legroom & features were priority - I'd pick the City. The reason I say the Yaris should last better long-term is due to the slightly better build quality (strictly my opinion) over the city - less rattles, better built, better NVH.
As a VFM Family car - Ertiga / Ciaz.

That being said, coming from the Linea T-Jet, I figure performance and fun to drive is key, and you're ok with an average service and can deal with a few odd niggles.
With that in mind, I would recommend checking out the Vento TSi - the lower trims are well priced, the engine and gearbox combination is stellar, ride and handling is fairly neutral too, and build quality is fantastic.
The service will be average, and the DSG reliability will really make you tick the extended warranty option - but it could be a good car with similar virtues as the T-Jet.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 16:01   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

This comparo was done almost a year ago, and the Yaris was compared to the older model of the Maruti Ciaz, with different petrol & diesel engines, the petrol without the Smart Hybrid system, and the diesel with SHVS at that time. It would be worthwhile to make this thread more relevant and contemporary by comparing the current model of the Ciaz with the others. I did my own comparisons before choosing to buy the Ciaz over the Yaris, and the initial ownership thread is here (The Ciazzler® | Our Nexa Blue Maruti-Suzuki Ciaz Petrol (Alpha)).

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 13th May 2019 at 16:04.
Old 13th May 2019, 18:58   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
If I were looking for a long term buy, and rear legspace and headroom wasn't a big priority - I'd pick the Yaris.
If a peppier engine, and better legroom & features were priority - I'd pick the City. The reason I say the Yaris should last better long-term is due to the slightly better build quality (strictly my opinion)
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Vento TSi is definitely a good buy on lines of Tjet, however the DSG reliability issues keep me away. I would have gone for Yaris if it wasn't so overpriced. Keeping all options open at the moment.
Old 13th May 2019, 21:27   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Vento TSi is definitely a good buy on lines of Tjet, however the DSG reliability issues keep me away. I would have gone for Yaris if it wasn't so overpriced. Keeping all options open at the moment.
Just go out and check with folks at Toyota showroom. You can negotiate a great deal.
adi_gt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 12:00   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Due apologies if this is a bit OT, but I found this thread to be a suitable one to post my predicament. I am on the lookout for a sedan / mpv with a light steering and clutch. Well I know it would sound a bit odd among so many other features one may look for in a car. It has been necessitated due to my shoulder and leg getting operated upon.

I have a Linea Tjet and a nano. I love both of them as they are a perfect fit in their respective areas. Trouble is that after couple of recent Tjet highway drives, my shoulder and leg get too sore after every drive and the discomfort is something I cannot ignore for long. Both the steering and clutch are on the heavy side. While I have no issue with my Tjet and its one hell of a machine, I need to reset my priorities on health front. My budget is around 10 lakhs or so and my next car will definitely be an automatic.

There are two other good options you can consider, if budget is a constraint then you can go in for the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz other the Hyundai Verna automatic is also a very good option if you have s a small family, the only negative in Verna is slightly lesser back seat space but is fine if you have a family of three.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks