Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which of the following will you choose?
Honda Amaze 159 45.43%
Maruti Dzire 58 16.57%
Hyundai Xcent 4 1.14%
Ford Aspire 75 21.43%
VW Ameo 22 6.29%
Tata Tigor 28 8.00%
Other (please specify in your post) 4 1.14%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2018, 10:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze vs the competitors

Voted for the Amaze!

For mainly city driving would go for the Petrol CVT - if usage required a mix of City and Highway running then would go for Diesel CVT.

Now please go ahead and launch the Amaze Diesel CVT top-end on Independence Day.
Old 13th August 2018, 10:18   #17
BHPian

I would prefer to have a large hatch or a full sedan but no the Sub 4M compact sedan. Hence voted for other.

Sub 4 meter sedans have a come a long way but for my usage an preference i don't see the benefits. This segment has been a big cash cow for most companies. This actually has pushed the pricing of full sedans up by a big margin.

Most people in India still prefer the boot. My parents bought the xcent over the i20, one of my friends bought the Ameo over the Jazz and i20. Couple of people in my office wanted a "badi gadi" so bougth the dzire and Amaze.
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 10:26   #18
BHPian

Personally, I'd never buy a compact sedan. I'm of the firm opinion that premium hatchbacks can do everything that compact sedans can, and better.

Space and Practicality - Jazz beats all the compact sedans hollow.
Interiors - i20 has a dashboard worthy of a C2 segment sedan.
Equipment - Baleno comes loaded with kit.
A/T - All the three hatches mentioned come with CVTs, the Jazz being especially smooth.
Fun to drive - No compact sedan touches the Polo GT.

That said, gun to my head, my choices would be -
Petrol AT - Xcent
Petrol MT - Dzire
Diesel AT - Amaze
Diesel MT - Amaze

Aspire is too bland, while the Ameo and Tigor don't offer enough to sway me from their hatchback versions.

Last edited by Aaron:) : 13th August 2018 at 10:28.
Aaron:) is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 10:49   #19
BHPian

If driveability is not the concern, then surely I will consider the Dzire diesel to be a better deal.
Sure the engine is not powerful, but is finely tuned and equally refined. The materials used in Dzire are a tier above than Amaze's in terms of quality and fit and finish. You get the rear ac vents also which are sorely missed in the Amaze.

See, if a person is upgrading from a hatchback to the budget sedan segment, he will look for the overall package and not only driveability.

Looks wise, dzire feels much more balanced with absence of any rough edges.

All in all I feel Dzire to be a better overall package than Amaze.
Rshrey22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 10:49   #20
BHPian

Voted for Amaze. I own the Diesel V CVT and it is butter smooth and effortless to drive in traffic. I am totally in love with the car. Its very spacious at the back and same has been appreciated by everyone who sat there.
Nazzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 14:33   #21
BHPian

I am voting for Diesel CVT Amaze, as I have bought this car a week back. I found these as positives in Amaze,

Good fuel efficiency
Excellent space and comfort in both front and rear seats
Lovely CVT automatic for city and highway if we know its limitations
Good pickup and smooth acceleration
Pretty stable and nice suspensions
Superb Air Conditioning
Easy to drive

There maybe many negatives like boxy design, CVT not on top end etc., but i did not care much for those as the positives out weighed the negatives for me and further when i look at it, which car is 100% perfect ? as we can find negatives in every other car.

Swami
swami69 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 19:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

The amaze diesel CVT is a great car. Absolutely lovely to drive.
Old 13th August 2018, 19:57   #23
BHPian

Ameo DSG. Many reviewers and magazines say a lot negative about the rear seating capacity, boot design, after sales service etc. But when you really look for a diesel compact sedan, currently there is no match to Ameo DSGs performance. Fuel efficient with so much power and comfort.
Old 13th August 2018, 21:18   #24
BHPian

Why ZEST is not in this list?
vasanthn21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 10:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Ameo DSG. Many reviewers and magazines say a lot negative about the rear seating capacity, boot design, after sales service etc. But when you really look for a diesel compact sedan, currently there is no match to Ameo DSGs performance. Fuel efficient with so much power and comfort.
Ameo is a great performance car no doubt, but whole point of choosing a CS over hatch was to have more rear space and boot space.

Not sure who in VW thought it would be great idea to create a 4-meter sedan from an Hatchback that is already 4-meters.

If they had this engine gearbox combo on Polo GT TDi, it would have boosted sales considerably.

For me Ameo looks very tempting thanks to the automatic, other that that Polo would win my money anyday!
Old 14th August 2018, 13:23   #26
BHPian

Check the weight of these cars. Dezire is the lightest of all and Tigor the heaviest (almost 170 kgs i.e ~20% heavier than Dezire). A stronger and safer body should also make its way in the design criteria.
low_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 16:08   #27
BHPian

Voted for the Amaze.
Amaze is the best looking compact sedan in the market now. From every angle, it looks beautiful and mature. The CVT offered is a class above the competition and it runs like a charm. Power, efficiency and looks – enough for me to go with the Amaze. Honda after sale service is a plus.
Amit_Kapoor4750 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 06:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_Kapoor4750 View Post
Voted for the Amaze.
Amaze is the best looking compact sedan in the market now. From every angle, it looks beautiful and mature. The CVT offered is a class above the competition and it runs like a charm. Power, efficiency and looks – enough for me to go with the Amaze. Honda after sale service is a plus.
It looks like a baby Civic. No doubt the exteriors are fresh and likeable. Especially the red and lunar silver. But the CVT Diesel reliability is a concern. It is good to drive from point A to point B. Comfort wise it is a lot better than the AMT of DZire. Personally don't like the CVT because of the rubber band effect and also overtaking has to be well planned with the CVT gear box.

Ameo has less rear seat agreed, but then it isn't as bad as people make of it. An average Indian is always below 6 feet of height. With discounts on offer, Ameo DSG comes on par with the Polo GT TSI.
Old 15th August 2018, 07:16   #29
BHPian

Finally there’s a poll on T-BHP that involves my car: Dzire MT Petrol. When I bought my car some ten months ago, I had a look at Honda Amaze but that was of previous generation which did not excite me much. There was also Ford Aspire. I’d a soft corner for Aspire but couldn’t find a single review that favored petrol over diesel. Nepal being a small country, my usage would be 10-12000km per month. Hence, the car needed to be a gasoline-powered. So I finally ended up with Dzire Vxi. There’s a number of reason for me to choose this car. So far, the car has done over 10K km in nearly 10 months and I am nearly satisfied with this car in all the aspects except a few which I would write down in the silent Dzire thread later.

Dzire has got a great seating position. It’s comfortable and everything is ergonomically placed. The road view is not as commanding as Nexon (that I was asked to test drive yesterday in Birgunj. Yes, I am aware that’s another segement but we all know cross segment shopping is so common) but its far better than Indica that I owned earlier. The engine is silent and rev happy. I rarely do triple digit speed as Nepal doesn’t have a proper four laned highway, yet when I hit a maximum of 140kmph, I found the car to be quite stable. The car holds well in corners and the brakes are good. Though I have never been in the back seat/passenger seat of my car when its moving, my family and friends are happy with the comfortable seats and plenty of leg room. Gear shifts are precision is agreeable and NVH is bearable with stock tyres.

I am yet to get bored of manual transmission. So I am going to hold onto my Dzire MT Petrol until I can upgrade to something better.
Old 15th August 2018, 09:56   #30
BHPian

Finally a poll that addresses the question faced by many compact sedan buyers. Having personally driven all these compact sedans, my pick would be Amaze. Note that I'm considering only the diesel engines here.

Although Dzire does score well in most of the departments, the mediocre diesel engine is a big let down. Add to it the pathetic jerky ride with AMT, and the Dzire is no longer a competitor. The interior quality is really commendable with the faux wooden panels and the rear AC vents. Even the rear legroom is good.

Ameo DSG felt the best when it came to AT. However the pathetic rear legroom space and minimal boot capacity was a big letdown. Also the DSG top-end variant costs close to 12 big ones OTR in Bangalore.

Amaze is the jack off all trades in this segment. The diesel CVT is the icing on the cake. Having cancelled my Dzire booking and waiting for close to a month for the delivery of new Amaze diesel V CVT, I can definitely tell it was one of the best decisions. The ride quality is smooth, and there are no jerks observed as in Dzire AMT. The engine does not feel underpowered, and the legroom is quite good.
scorpion_blore is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks