Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2007, 10:52   #1

Really Confused on buying a new car

Hi Everybody,

My first post and reason for joining this club is the same .... my confusion in finalizing a car in and around the 5-6 lakh budget. This is my first step into the 4 wheeler forte' hence I would really appreciate your help

I started with Maruti Swift VXi and test driven…
Hyundai Getz
Tata Indigo
Aveo 1.4
Aveo UVA
Ford Fiesta
Honda City

My Daily run is around 50Kms. I am also keen in installing CNG kit. From the above cars, I found Aveo 1.4 more comfortable with great interiors.

Reg. Tata Indigo and Ford fiesta, I am not looking for diesel versions as the engine sounds high while traveling.

In Aveo UVA, the steering is at very low height, so looks like playing a video game and it also has a grey colored interior. I am looking for beize color inside.

At the back seat of Honda city, my head touches to the roof.

I have read about Aveo in the forum and found some problems in gear box etc. I am suggested to go for ford fiesta only for the diesel version by one of the dealer and not for petrol.

Can you please help me in choosing the car either new or used in 5-6 lacs budget. I am very much confused. I like car having good height from ground. Also let me know about verna. I have read the article saying the prices are becoming low due to some excise duty or taxes etc. Please let me know when it will be applicable.
Old 5th January 2007, 12:01   #2
BHPian

If you can wait till april. Manynew cars will be launched and the budget will be out. With 5-6 Lakh bracket. Fiesta and City are out. Swift Vxi seems good if space is not an issue ( boot ). But there is no CNG version available. If you go for CNG install there will virtually no boot space and warranty issues will arise.

And in my opinion, you always make some small compromises when choosing a car as you will not get all in one car. So you set your priorities. This is just my personal opinion.
Old 5th January 2007, 12:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TeamBHP amandeepmonga.

To start off i think you should test drive INDIGO Diesel and then FORD Fiesta and after that any petrol. You will find that Fiesta is just as silent as any other petrol sedan.

Though as your budget is 5 - 6 Lacs and you are not willing to go for a diesel car below are some pointers:

1. Swift: Maruti product, low cost maintainence, Good looks (leave the rear looks), Good performance and comes in your budget. But it lacks space and boot.

2. Getz: Hyundai product, every owner i know is happy with getz, low maintainence like Maruti, Good on space, looks are not that great and Performance wise not that good. But its ok to drive in city easily.

3. Tata Indigo: Only go for it if you are keen to buy diesel.

4. Aveo 1.4: Nice car, Good looks but it's a GM product so you might have problems. Gearbox and steering not as precise as fiesta.

5. Fiesta 1.4 EXi (P): Again it's a nice car, Not a looker like Aveo but its fine.. Has the best gearbox and steering in its class. event though its 10 BHP less than aveo, it's still same in 0 - 100.. But again maintainence is high and its a ford

6. Aveo UVA: New kid on the block. Can't say much but there is a review by Drfiter. You can check it here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...olet-u-va.html

7: Hinda City: Too much beyond your budget. Leave that out.

Now conclusion comes that you will be installing CNG kit so will need boot space. Swift lacks it, Getz has it but not much. So if you can sacrifice the boot space then either swift or getz.

If you want boot space you can either go for AVEO 1.4 or Fiesta 1.4 Petrol. Though have a look at old Accent 1.5 and Ikon 1.3 Flair. Both are good and tested cars for years. OR if you can wait for 3 months then a lot of new cars are coming which might tempt you.

Just my $0.02
Old 5th January 2007, 12:26   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandeepmonga View Post
Hi Everybody,

My first post and reason for joining this club is the same .... my confusion in finalizing a car in and around the 5-6 lakh budget. This is my first step into the 4 wheeler forte' hence I would really appreciate your help

I started with Maruti Swift VXi and test driven…
Hyundai Getz
Tata Indigo
Aveo 1.4
Aveo UVA
Ford Fiesta
Honda City

My Daily run is around 50Kms. I am also keen in installing CNG kit. From the above cars, I found Aveo 1.4 more comfortable with great interiors.

Reg. Tata Indigo and Ford fiesta, I am not looking for diesel versions as the engine sounds high while traveling.

In Aveo UVA, the steering is at very low height, so looks like playing a video game and it also has a grey colored interior. I am looking for beize color inside.

At the back seat of Honda city, my head touches to the roof.

I have read about Aveo in the forum and found some problems in gear box etc. I am suggested to go for ford fiesta only for the diesel version by one of the dealer and not for petrol.

Can you please help me in choosing the car either new or used in 5-6 lacs budget. I am very much confused. I like car having good height from ground. Also let me know about verna. I have read the article saying the prices are becoming low due to some excise duty or taxes etc. Please let me know when it will be applicable.
Verna(P & D),City - Will surely be more than 6 L (Even the low end petrol,Diesel above 8 L)
Indigo,Fiesta (D) - Out of your list
Indigo & Fietsa(P) - Indigo am not sure of the petrol,FIESTA 1.4 - Economy Buy,Good Refinement
AVEO 1.4 - Notchy Gearbox,Left leg will surely hit dash if height > 5'11"
AVEO UVA- Pretty new ,so no Comments,

Getz - Fits your bill perfectly.Good ride height and high GC.But dated interiors and bit costly.*** good and very roomy inside.
Old 5th January 2007, 12:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

If you are particular about fitting LPG/CNG, why not buy the car that comes factory fitted with the same. if you do not like that car, get an used car which has run about 20-30k kms & convert that to CNG. Buying a new car & retrofitting CNG is depriving your vehicle of a good run in.
Old 5th January 2007, 12:49   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This topic has been discussed extensively before. Please use the search function to find the relevant discussions.

Thread Closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed