Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2019, 18:20   #16
BHPian

Re: Should I buy the current Skoda Octavia A7 or wait for the next-generation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Most likely the Octavia will get the 1.5L TSI and Superb will get the 2.0L TSI.
The new Octavia would lose its critical desirability factor that helped it sell in the first place if the sole petrol option for it turns out to be the 1.5L TSI as compared to the current 1.8L TSI. If this scenario turns out to be the case, Skoda India should better offer the vRS with the 2.0L TSI also early in its life-cycle to appeal to a wider customer base.

Last edited by petroguzzler : 27th October 2019 at 18:22.
Old 18th November 2019, 16:05   #17
BHPian

Re: Should I buy the current Skoda Octavia A7 or wait for the next-generation?

Hello everybody, I'm thinking of picking a very low run 2018 1.8TSI Octavia Style variant for around 18L here in Bangalore and there are a few questions in my head that I wanted to get your opinion on.

1. Is 18L a good deal for a 11k run 2018 Octavia Style variant?
2. Since the new BS6 Octavia will be launched here soon, will that drastically impact the resale value of the existing gen Octavia? I plan to keep it for at least 3 years.
3. Is it a good idea to wait for Kamiq which is believed to be launched in March 2020?
4. What is the future of BS4 cars?
5. I can push my purchase by about 3-4 months, are there better cars that are worth waiting for?
6. Will the new Octavia be priced slightly higher (2-3L) than the existing model considering the BS6 norms and the premium a new car attracts? Like how the new Elantra is priced 2L higher than the previous model.
7. What would you do if you were to buy a car in the next 2-3 months with 18L to spare?

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks