Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2019, 12:43   #31
BHPian

Re: In search of a new car with a 8-12 lakh budget - What can replace a 3rd gen Honda City?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Solid Built? It is not like those previous generation City. The metal sheet is thinner and light built. Fit and finish too is way average and probability of rattles are high.

If there is any sedan which can be said as Solidly built it has to be Vento/Rapid.
Agree that new City build quality is not at par with German siblings Rapid/Vento however it's still good compared to tin can Ciaz.
Old 27th November 2019, 13:59   #32
BANNED

Re: In search of a new car with a 8-12 lakh budget - What can replace a 3rd gen Honda City?

Try once the VW Vento 1.2 TSI or Polo 1.2 TSI, if you can digest bit slow diesel motor Skoda 1.5 wit DSG, there are lot of talks against DSG failure but personally I love that transmission and on top of that VW build, you'll never look back at Japs or Korean cars.
Ajaybiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 15:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

Go for the current City, eyes closed. Stellar reliability, absolutely beautiful naturally aspirated high revving iVTEC engine, great driveability in low and mid range, slick gearshift, acres of space, handsome and sharp looks, easy to maintain and overall a great value for money package in this price range.
Old 27th November 2019, 15:46   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Go for the current City, eyes closed. Stellar reliability, absolutely beautiful naturally aspirated high revving iVTEC engine, great driveability in low and mid range, slick gearshift, acres of space, handsome and sharp looks, easy to maintain and overall a great value for money package in this price range.
Highly doubt if it is great value for money with the current inflated pricing of City. The iVtec and space management are the only parameters where City still holds a higher rank. Service and ownership is not easy with regards to cost of ownership. After sales service has been good and will be easier to procure parts and timely delivery.

After all cars are personal choices, for me in petrol currently there is no sedan better than the Vento TSI and in diesel Rapid. Unfortunately, we do not get the TSI with MT :(
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 16:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Highly doubt if it is great value for money with the current inflated pricing of City. The iVtec and space management are the only parameters where City still holds a higher rank. Service and ownership is not easy with regards to cost of ownership. After sales service has been good and will be easier to procure parts and timely delivery.

After all cars are personal choices, for me in petrol currently there is no sedan better than the Vento TSI and in diesel Rapid. Unfortunately, we do not get the TSI with MT :(
Service and ownership experience with Honda has been more than easy for me in Bangalore, for the past eight years with three different Hondas.

I did drive the Vento as well before finally picking up the City, but I would have much preferred a manual tranny on the VW. The DSG did not inspire me, not because it was not capable, but since I have always preferred a slick shifting manual.

Build quality wise, the Vento certainly holds the upper hand over most others in the segment, and overall, it is a worthy competitor.

I went for the mid variant of the City (V - MT) and with fat discounts in March, the car was super value for money within my budget.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 27th November 2019 at 16:13.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 17:03   #36
BHPian

People are talking about massive discounts on the current gen city, duster etc. What kind of discounts? I see the discounts same as last year for City, and much lower than last year for Duster.

I know you are not looking at used cars, but I found a 2019 Honda City VX CVT in Pune on sale for just 12 lakh, which is about 3 lakh below the discounted price for a new one. Such a buy makes a lot of sense IMO.

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 27th November 2019 at 17:16.
Old 8th December 2019, 02:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

I will be out for test driving various cars next weekend. With Kia planning to increase prices, Ongoing discounts on Ciaz petrol has also caught my attention.

What are BHPians opinion on Ciaz petrol hybrid replacing 3rd gen City?
Old 8th December 2019, 05:45   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I will be out for test driving various cars next weekend. With Kia planning to increase prices, Ongoing discounts on Ciaz petrol has also caught my attention.

What are BHPians opinion on Ciaz petrol hybrid replacing 3rd gen City?
Why not get the City itself again? Ciaz petrol will disappoint you unless you are not looking for anything exciting and just a reliable no nonsense car. And apparently with full load Ciaz brushes most speed breakers.

Still my personal choice in this price range and petrol would be the Vento TSI > City V MT > Vento/Rapid MPI > Ciaz Alpha MT
Old 8th December 2019, 06:13   #39
Senior - BHPian

Seltos after the price hike makes no sense - so grab one soon!
Ciaz isn’t a worthy successor and Civic either. Test drive the Octavia onyx - with a little more monies, this seems like a good bet!
Whatever you decide on, don’t miss December!
Old 8th December 2019, 11:59   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Seltos after the price hike makes no sense - so grab one soon!
Ciaz isn't a worthy successor and Civic either. Test drive the Octavia onyx - with a little more monies, this seems like a good bet!
Whatever you decide on, don't miss December!
Octavia onyx costs double his budget!
Old 8th December 2019, 13:58   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Octavia onyx costs double his budget!
20 Lakhs on the road for genuine buyers I am sure!!
Old 8th December 2019, 14:55   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
20 Lakhs on the road for genuine buyers I am sure!!
Which is double the avg target price of 8 to 12 lakh.
Old 15th December 2019, 21:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

It was tough deciding on what can replace a City.

Will be too difficult to let the City go. Will be tough to realise but my beloved Venus will soon find another home.

It was the power to surprise that finally completed the search.

It is indeed Kia!

#booked
bluevolt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 22:16   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
It was tough deciding on what can replace a City.

Will be too difficult to let the City go. Will be tough to realise but my beloved Venus will soon find another home.

It was the power to surprise that finally completed the search.

It is indeed Kia!

#booked
Congratulations!

Which variant? How much waiting period?
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 21:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Congratulations!

Which variant? How much waiting period?
Thanks

It's HTK petrol variant. 2 months is the waiting period for all variants except HTE which itself is available in 15 days of booking.

HTK+ was considered but lack of auto climate control didn't inspire me to plonk extra 2 lakhs for cruise control that I may never use, not a fan of alloy wheels, auto orvms were good to have but can live without it, same goes for the push-button start.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks