Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2007, 09:19   #1

lease advice-- lancer-d vs accent crdi ( used )

hi guys

i know this question has been asked many times before but maybe i can get some new opinions here .. well , i want to buy a used car , preferably diesel , it would be mostly used for family outings and outstation trips. the rest of the time it will be parked in the garage , no daily usage. any suv is out of question as my father cannot drive those.. the two sedans shortlisted are lancer diesel and accent crdi.. my budget is between 4-5 lacs.. i have heard some good and bad things about both the contenders and so am eagerly waiting for advice and comments from u guys.. kindly consider the following---

1. is going for a diesel a sound decision as mostly it will be used for outstation trips and not used everyday .?
2. i want a car that can be maintained with regular servicing and not require weekly trips to the mechanic for odd jobs.
3. kindly suugest upto what model i can get in my budget .

eagerly waiting for ur advice , plz help me out as i have to make a decision within a week or two. thanks.
Old 22nd February 2007, 12:33   #2
BHPian

If servicing is a concern, i would suggest you to stick to Accent. I am not sure but I guess lancer spares are expensive than Accent.

Otherwise, I would recommend Lancer any day. Lancer handles much better than Accent and you get lots of features in lancer that are not present in Accent.
Old 22nd February 2007, 13:26   #3
BHPian

grewal, dont mind but why dont u check the OHC , u wont regret buying it.the best figure i got on highway is 15.5kmpl .touchwood tht nothing happens to tht.
Old 22nd February 2007, 14:29   #4
BHPian

Accent all the way dude! Lancer is a little expensive on spares and service..Power is more for the CRDi.
Old 22nd February 2007, 14:37   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

If your a driving enthusiast,need better A.S.S and cheaper spares then its Accent CRDI all the way.

You can get a good one of 2004 Model for about 4.5 to 5 Lakhs depending on the car's condition.

Most Viewed