Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2007, 15:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

brand new corolla for 7.5 lakhs !! (Minimum order = 10 cars)

ya u read it right...

toyota is offering the HE variant at 7.5 lakhs which includes insurance also. only thing extra is road tax....

catch is this is beingdone thru tie ups with corporates ( i work in one of them ) and min order to be placed is 50 cars ( all though its known that this price is available even for an order of 10 cars ). all colors are avlble except champaign mica mettalic

chek out the HE specs @

Toyota -Corolla

seems to b an awesome deal and i think with the onslaught from the CIVIC, toyota is taking the fight to the CITY , OPTRA territory also !!

imagine someone with 7-10 lakhs. effectively he can consider the corolla also as an option in his shopping list which sounds really good bcos anyday the corrolla gives more car for ur money than the NHC VTEC/GXI or the OPTRA !!

some of my colleagues booked their VTECs last week and they feel this way !!!!

wonder whether HONDA might consider a price revision on the VTEC or maybe come out with such corporate offers ...
Old 25th February 2007, 16:14   #2
BHPian

Yeah, all this is fine, but still an individual will not get it at this price so what is the point of the whole excercise. The post just seems to create hype about an issue which only holds true for a minimum order of 50 cars.
Its like posting a room at the JW Marriot is available for 35$, but that only holds true for corporates. Why are your colloeagues feeling stupid for booking their VTECs? Would they be eligible for this Toyota offer? I am sure if the offer is open to Corporates then they have to buy all 50 cars in their name and not in the names of people working for them.
Old 25th February 2007, 17:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

well he has also posted that this is available for a minimum quantity of 10 cars..if so then it is a good idea...maybe 10 people could get together and do a block booking...i would be interested if this is possible..7lakhs for a corolla.
Old 25th February 2007, 19:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

This reminds me of 6.88 lac Elantra, the only difference was there was no catch like 10 bookings and stuff.
Old 25th February 2007, 20:10   #5
BHPian

is this booking all over india or only in chennai, also where are you going to find 10 ppl to buy the cars asap - because i find the price tempting...
Old 25th February 2007, 22:18   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

narayan,

By "tie-ups with corporates" do you mean corporate discounts only if the customer happens to work for an eligible company? If yes, what are the companies this is valid in?

And which is the model being offered - HE ?
Old 25th February 2007, 23:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

ok - some more info on the offer...

the tie up has apparently been made with most companies who have a "company car" program...i could not get details of more companies but i work in a foreign bank and i know all foreign banks have a car program for mid level executives ( am not yet eligible:( ).. and offer is valid for all employees of the bank. for ppl above a certain grade, the company is buying the car in its name...

BUT FOR OTHERS , THEY CAN PUT IN THEIR MONEY AND BUY THE CAR AT THIS PRICE !!! that explains why some of my colleagues are feeling stupid..

this offer is valid for our company across delhi, gurgaon, delhi, kolkata, bangalore, chennai, mumbai

we had a test drive organised by local toyota dealer and they were hinting that these are efforts to boost their sales numbers and probably down the line market prices may also align with such offer prices...

the discount is borne by toyota and dealer...

so i was just wondering, " if toyota gives a discount this way for any dealer who picks up , say , 50 cars at a time - this dealer could easily undercut and target NHC , optra market " - but then, i suppose most companies control the customer price also but for how long ? when sales pressure builds up, im sure this offer would spil over to the general market also....hence the post..
Old 26th February 2007, 10:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

This doesnt make a lot of sense to me. If they are seriously thinking of increasing their market share, then they should expand this to all.

Is that only for the Executive variant??
Old 26th February 2007, 10:53   #9
BHPian

I am sure even if it is for 10 cars it is applicable only if 10 employees of the same company are buying it and that to through 1 dealership, and not if 10 different individuals get together from the same city and pool together. The 10 employees of the company also will have to provide some proof that they are working for the same company.
Old 26th February 2007, 11:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S600BENZ View Post
I am sure even if it is for 10 cars it is applicable only if 10 employees of the same company are buying it and that to through 1 dealership, and not if 10 different individuals get together from the same city and pool together. The 10 employees of the company also will have to provide some proof that they are working for the same company.

ur right partly. only thing is order can be placed in multiple cities as mentioned in my above post
Old 26th February 2007, 11:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
This doesnt make a lot of sense to me. If they are seriously thinking of increasing their market share, then they should expand this to all.

Is that only for the Executive variant??
equus - its only for exec variant (HE )..i think it makes sense..

no co would want to come down in one shot on their pricing just to get market share. they would do it in steps without affecting their brand image also..hence probably they are trying the corporate market first that too ONLY WITH THE BASE VARIANT and then probably they might extend it to the general market also
Old 26th February 2007, 12:57   #12
Senior - BHPian

Sounds good. Are you sure it is for sale & not for lease ?
Old 26th February 2007, 14:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

ya its for sale. orders are to be placed by feb 28 and full payment by march 5th. no cancellation at any cost.
Old 26th February 2007, 16:48   #14
BANNED

Is the scheme valid in all states ?
Old 26th February 2007, 18:32   #15
BHPian

Just talked to Uttam toyota, but they don't seem to be aware of any such scheme, Can anyone share more details please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks