Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2007, 12:39   #1
BHPian

Kan-Fusion :Automatic -- but which one is the right one

hi,

I am on the lookout for a used sedan\notchback car; here's my requirements:

1. Has to be an automatic ( US has spoilt me -- can drive a manual anymore)
2. Range -- 5 Lacs. (extendable by another 1 Lac-- bank loan willing)
3. How old ( not more than 3-4 years)
4. Will be self driven -- Wifey dear doesnt want me to splurge on a Chauffer( ghar mein muft mein chauffer milega isliye)
5. Planning to own it for 5+ years. Maintainenance not a problem (had an Accord and a Minivand in US for almost 3 yrs -- know that it helps keeping a car spic and span) -- but have heard bad stuff @ Skoda *** so Skoda is the last option.
6. Choice of Cars -- OHC, NHC , Octi 1.9TDI.Old Honda Accord.

So guys put in ur suggestions and help me clear my Kan-fusion.
Old 8th March 2007, 12:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Its a no brainer here

Go for the Honda Automatics. 5 to 6 lakhs will get you an old gen Accord. You will get OHCs for around 4 to 4.5. Not sure about the CVTs but I presume used ones come in the 5 lakh range.

I would stick to the OHC AT since it is pretty FE compred to the Accord which sips quite a bit of fuel
Old 8th March 2007, 13:19   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Its a no brainer here

Go for the Honda Automatics. 5 to 6 lakhs will get you an old gen Accord. You will get OHCs for around 4 to 4.5. Not sure about the CVTs but I presume used ones come in the 5 lakh range.

I would stick to the OHC AT since it is pretty FE compred to the Accord which sips quite a bit of fuel

thanks for the immediate reply Dippy -- i am in process of Settling down in Pune -- got to settle the home front first -- & then this one will look out for OHCs and NHC CVTs -- any pointers to which are the best places to look for them -- i was planning to visit the sole honda dealer in town ( Deccan Honda) but am scared that they would jack up the price quite a bit
Old 8th March 2007, 13:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

U have no choice but to go in for an OHC 1st or even the 2nd gen. U might get a CVT NHC for 5.5-6 and ull definately not get an Octavia for that price. So go for the hondas(as if u have a choice). They're good, relaiable cars with a decent FE in the city. (City in the City...HUH?!) and you just might get an Old gen accodr for that price too. See what ur options are
Old 8th March 2007, 13:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
thanks for the immediate reply Dippy -- i am in process of Settling down in Pune -- got to settle the home front first -- & then this one will look out for OHCs and NHC CVTs -- any pointers to which are the best places to look for them -- i was planning to visit the sole honda dealer in town ( Deccan Honda) but am scared that they would jack up the price quite a bit
Finding an AT OHC is not very easy . It took me 2 months to find one myself an OHC. I dont see many OHCs in the classified now either more of NHC CVTs. You can try the Honda dealer. They generally give a warranty on used Hondas.

I think you have read my OHC buying experience thread. That could help you. If you find a 2003 AT like mine nothing like it. Find out if Automart India has a branch in Pune. They could help you source a car from Mumbai too. They had got 2 ATs sometime after I bought mine and one of them was a 2003.
Old 8th March 2007, 13:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

Get an OHC 1.5 2003. I dont think Vtecs are available in AT. You could get a NHC also for 5 Lakhs.
Old 8th March 2007, 13:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

EL

There were only a small batch of OHC Vtec ATs very difficult to find though
Old 8th March 2007, 13:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

Tha Old Honda Accords are Very Good work Horses. low maintainence and solid too. you need to search one, but low mileage ones are possible, in Pune itself and they are VFM at 6/6.50 lacs. but finance will be a problem, and dont know of 5 years down the line how they'll behave, since thats your horizon.
Old 8th March 2007, 13:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
EL

There were only a small batch of OHC Vtec ATs very difficult to find though

Correct me if im wrong but there were no OHC Vtec with auto tranny option offered at all. U could only get a vtec with 5 speed manual... nor is the new gen city offered with a vtec and auto combo.. Forget the new one but the old was a drivers car ...and as far as i think, there were no city vtecs with auto option offered so if someones claiming this then hes definately fibbing!!

Last edited by V-16 : 8th March 2007 at 13:59.
Old 8th March 2007, 14:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

Although probably a lot more difficult to find than the OHC AT , wouldn't an old Lancer Invex come within that price range ?

Consider the NHC CVT. It might cost more, but then you'll get a loan for a longer duration and hence lower EMI, since the car will be newer.
Old 8th March 2007, 14:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Correct me if im wrong but there were no OHC Vtec with auto tranny option offered at all. U could only get a vtec with 5 speed manual...
Nahi Gogi bhai there was a small batch which was available for a brief period but due to poor sales was phased out.

KP 2 (because we already have a KP here!) - Your best bet would be an OHC AT or the Accord AT, both should be in your price range & should serve you well, provided they are well maintained. Won't be an easy task searching for them though!

Last edited by iraghava : 8th March 2007 at 14:37.
Old 8th March 2007, 14:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Although probably a lot more difficult to find than the OHC AT , wouldn't an old Lancer Invex come within that price range ?

Consider the NHC CVT. It might cost more, but then you'll get a loan for a longer duration and hence lower EMI, since the car will be newer.
shuvc

The Lancer Invex was a good car. But it didnt sell brand new anyways in many numbers so finding a used example will be even more tough.
Old 8th March 2007, 22:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

There was a 2005 black Honda city cvt with Landmark Honda going for 5.60.

Also autnova Mitsubishi has a brand new lancer 1.8 for 7.20 on-road before any discounts and schemes.

but invecs is not available any more.

I wouldnt recommend either the accord, lancer or OHC.

try finding a cvt only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks