Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2007, 15:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thats right Tech,

Its common for any crd diesel engine in india, diesel car is for the person who travels more distance every day, taxy operators, the guy who wants to overtake other vehicles fast and the guy who expect less amount to be spent for daily fuel bill.

Diesel rate in few years (5 to 8 years) will be almost near to petrol. But by that time we can expect Hybrid and other alternative.

As of now Diesel car is suitable for BUSA and for immediate decision its Swift D else wait for a month see the surprise.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 10th March 2007, 15:48   #17
BANNED

Quote:
No thats the first hand price. Ex-showroom after discounts. Due to the launch of Verna, Laura, Superb the discounts on the Octavia has increased.
Octavia 1.9Tdi costs 9lacks exshowroom ? Not possible checked last week it's costs 11.85l even for a Base rider model so that's Unbelievable .

Last edited by unknown : 10th March 2007 at 16:00.
Old 10th March 2007, 17:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

My thoughts

Thanx ShuvD, Tech, Ravibhat, unknown, GTO, navdeep and Rahul for your valuable imputs.

Quote:
I have a feeling that the new fiat palio would have a diesel option as well,it may just have that 1.3 multijet which the swift has not sure though
Well i am really waiting for the Palio 1.3JTD, but there is no hope left in Fiat when they are going to launch it.

Quote:
The renault logan may just have an option with abs as well considering the number of variants they are talking about.
When is it going to be launched and what are the engine specs expected??

Quote:
But other than that no other alternative immediately for the Maruti Swift ddis[who themselves arent giving you abs anyway or are they].
They are giving ABS but are saying its going to take minimum one more month, so thats two months since its already one month since i booked.

Quote:
Fait might surprise u by launching palio with same old engine
Fiat launches anthing is a big suprise in itself.

Quote:
The optra diesel,fusion tdci,getz Diesel,baleno diesel all good alternates if waiting for a while is ok.
How long? We can rule out the Optra Diesel, Fusion Diesel. Baleno Diesel is going to have the same engine as the Swift and also its going to take time with the ABS. I like the Getz CRDi but no idea about its launch.

Quote:
Octavia 1.9Tdi costs 9lacks exshowroom ? Not possible checked last week it's costs 11.85l even for a Base rider model so that's Unbelievable .
My dealer told me that. It coming OTR to around 10L. I am talking with discounts.

Quote:
The Ambiente/Rider trims come without ABS though
Also since the Octy doesnot have ABS i am better off buying a Swift without ABS since the Swift is going to be faster with a Petes Box as its lighter and has more torque but then a Octy with a Petes is also quite a car.

What is the price of the Elantra CRDi OTR??

Quote:
Also what about the resale value?
Resale value of diesels in India is always good.

Quote:
Please note that Fiat is the pioneer in CRDi technology and were the first in the world to develop this technology. At the appropriate time and suitable product range we will offer CRDi technology in the Indian market.
I agree Fiat is the pioneer in CRDi technology buttttttttt if a Skoda Octavia can produce a 90bhp from a 1.9L engine in non-CRDi frm then why does Fiats 1.9L block produce a measly 63bhp?? Why cant Fiat make better TDi technology if they cant get CRDi here.

Quote:
Any known facts regarding long term maintenance of other Crdi cars like Accent / Scorpio.
There have been of Accent CRDI, Mercedes C220CDI and lots of others. I never liked diesel but after driving the Verna and Swift Diesel my opinion has changed totally

Quote:
The Indian diesel market is spread across rural and urban cities with major markets being the rural towns where quality of fuel is very poor.
Wont be driving the car at all in rural markets and will be filling fuel from a very reputed station.
Old 10th March 2007, 17:27   #19
BANNED

Quote:
My dealer told me that. It coming OTR to around 10L. I am talking with discounts.
Can't say abt Mumbai dealers but just called "Silverstones Motors" In New delhi & They told only 10k discount Nothing more & I've also said somebody from mumbai got a Quote of 9L for Octavia & They laughing & says U're joking lol
Old 10th March 2007, 18:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Can't say abt Mumbai dealers but just called "Silverstones Motors" In New delhi & They told only 10k discount Nothing more & I've also said somebody from mumbai got a Quote of 9L for Octavia & They laughing & says U're joking lol
Well i dont know about them but i got a qoute of ex-showroom to be at Rs.9Lacs and OTR its coming around 10L. Just confirmed the reason for the discountz the car is a 2006 model
Old 10th March 2007, 18:59   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Well i dont know about them but i got a qoute of ex-showroom to be at Rs.9Lacs and OTR its coming around 10L. Just confirmed the reason for the discountz the car is a 2006 model
At 10L otr skoda rider 2006 is still the best choice coz u r getting almost a discount of 2L on a brand new car.....
Old 10th March 2007, 18:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

@ BUSA - Here in Calcutta, Elantra CRDi OTR is around the late 8s. Not sure. Resale value of the Elantra CRDi is a killer Been trying to sell my car for about two months now.
Old 10th March 2007, 21:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozoniac View Post
At 10L otr skoda rider 2006 is still the best choice coz u r getting almost a discount of 2L on a brand new car.....
But i find the Octavia very outdated. Its a 1996 model and heck even Hyundai have discountinued their 1999 Accents.

shuvd are the models you trying with all the bells and whistles??
Old 10th March 2007, 21:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Your requirements point toward a small car only; why even consider the Octavia and gang which are twice the size and price tag?

Let the Swift VDi take time....I think it best suits your purpose. You have to live with the car for atleast 5 years, so a couple of weeks more should be fine for the right product.
The best piece of advice on this thread. Stick with it.

Why are we still talking Fiats, though?
Old 11th March 2007, 23:22   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

BUSA,
why don't you email Fiat and ask them when the Palio JTD is being launched?
Also, the Fiesta isn't all that bad for its price.
go check it out.
It may not be all that much powerful but when you are driving 80km a day, i think you would rather have a car that is amazing to drive. The Fiesta is amazing to drive and it definitely feels faster than it sounds.
I travel from Cuffe to Juhu everyday and the fiesta is just amazing. On our highways as well as regular roads.
Trust me, all the drivers love it an so do i, even though i don't drive.
Don't underestimate the fiesta whatever you do.
Cheers

Last edited by lamborghini : 11th March 2007 at 23:24.
Old 12th March 2007, 11:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

@ BUSA - Yeah. Elantra CRDi s come fully loaded with airbags, ABS, TCS, EBD, alloys, climate control and keyless entry and alarm.
Old 12th March 2007, 13:47   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
[b]I agree Fiat is the pioneer in CRDi technology buttttttttt if a Skoda Octavia can produce a 90bhp from a 1.9L engine in non-CRDi frm then why does Fiats 1.9L block produce a measly 63bhp?? Why cant Fiat make better TDi technology if they cant get CRDi here.
Simple...1.9L D in Fiat cars are Non-Turbo! So there's no TDi, only 1.9D; whereas 1.9TDi in Skoda maybe non-CRDi, but it is a Turbo

Last edited by arif_t01 : 12th March 2007 at 14:01.
Old 16th March 2007, 11:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

On the Getz thread i read : -

Quote:
1.3 getz diesel on the cards in another two weeks
A 1.3 Diesel?? I heard its going to have the Verna engine? What is the power of the engine.

Now that is dissapointing if its not going to have a Verna heart, i guess ill stick with the Swift in that case. The maximum tune the Swift can attain with all mods is around 95bhp. If it was the Verna engine we would be talking 135bhp and wherabouts. What is the difference between the mileage of the Swift D and Verna VGT??
Old 16th March 2007, 12:32   #29
Team-BHP Support

It will be 1.5 diesel in all probability, in a detuned state. So hyundai gets to have excise benefits, squeeze more mileage and give you around 90 horses to pay with.

But a car which will be launched is like a pie in the sky. It may come in April, or May. It may be priced higher than the swift D etc., etc.,

So stick to your original choice. More choices will only confuse you.
Since your budget is more of a small car one, having a 9L skoda may not be as easy as it seems.
A free service costs 7000 odd on a skoda(just the oil change).
On a swift it will cost you around 600rs, and on a hyundai zilch. So keep those costs also into play.
Old 16th March 2007, 12:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

BUSA, maybe you should check the Fiesta Diesel..good FE..but not so peppy on the highway..above 130..80 to 130 is good..

Regard to swift VDI..my opinion is to wait for the first 20K or so vehicles to be sold to see the after effects on the market..before you put your money..

Personally Indica Turbo is a hot budget car..but may lack certain finnesse..if you have not tested one..you should do it!!

Have fun..drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks