Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2007, 12:56   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

BUSA, how about the fiesta diesel with a pete tuning box? I am sure then this car will become a complete package, though will be slightly on expensive side.

Can anybody confirm if a pete's box for fiesta D is available?
Old 16th March 2007, 16:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

Thanks headers, mobike & tsk.

The problem with the Fiesta is the power (or the lack of) at the price i would surely run to buy a VGT Verna. Also i dont need a boot and i am getting a more powerful car with the Swift compared to the Fiesta.

The problem with the Octy is the high maintainence.

Reliabilty is very important so the Indica(Tata vehicles) were not even considered.

Last edited by BUSA : 16th March 2007 at 17:01.
Old 17th March 2007, 10:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Can anybody confirm if a pete's box for fiesta D is available?
Yes, its availabe for sure!

On the other hand, Fiesta 1.6TDCi with 90bhp is to be launched, but GOD (and a few others in FORD) knows when

Everyone talks of Fiesta 1.4TDCi being underpowered. I wonder whether everyone is going above 120km/hr always, even in the cities for that matter

@ BUSA: If you haven't test driven a Fiesta 1.4TDCi, please do that first and then decide for yourself. Don't let other's impression mislead you! I've said it before and will continue to do so - It feels underpowered only after speeds above 120km/hr. It's a great driver's car, with very good handling, steering feel & ride. Exi model is around 7L, but you won't get ABS which i think you should have. So Zxi with ABS for 7.5L is your best bet. You can always fit a PETE's Tuning Box, if you want!
Old 17th March 2007, 15:12   #34
Senior - BHPian

Dont get prejudiced with the lower Bhp on the Diesel engines, coz diesels have pretty good low end torque that would be reall useful in moving around. From the conversations, i assume that you are a little conscious on the FE part and from the monthly average you will be dong its even more recommended that you go for a diesel. But my STRONG suggestion would be to wait for atleast 6 months (if at all you can). On one side you would really get a feedback on the REAL Swift VDi once all this initial hype settles down. On the other side you might get a lots more options in the Fusion, Fiesta, Palio, Getz, SAntro etc. etc.
Old 17th March 2007, 18:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

@ arif If i buy the current 1.4 Fiesta i will be heart broken to see the 1.6. When i test drove the Swift it easily went to 140kmph without efforts and the running which i have, does have 25% highway so >120 is also important.

Quote:
It's a great driver's car, with very good handling, steering feel & ride
I totally agree about that. Also i would like to know how is the maintainance car and since i dont want a boot, nor rear legroom, Fiesta with lesser power and torque then the Swift doesnot make sense to me. Fiesta 1.6 TDCi cant be a given a miss easily though.

Quote:
But my STRONG suggestion would be to wait for atleast 6 months (if at all you can).
Cant wait that long buddy, cant.

I am aware of the toeque characteristics, buttttt more power means more torque and More power is alwayz acceptable, aint it??
Old 17th March 2007, 18:56   #36
BHPian

Hey BUSA, when is the VDI arriving for you?

Also on below link it mentioned that VDI has ABS however Maruti site says it's optional. Did your Maruti Dealer said there are 2 versions - VDI and VDI with ABS?

Maruti launches diesel version of Swift-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

It says -

While both models come with standard features, only VDI will have ABS (anti-brake locking system) and has been priced at Rs 4.96 lakh.

It will be offered in two variants LDI, priced at Rs 4.68 lakh, and VDI which will essentially be the same model with ABS (anti-brake locking system), priced at Rs 4.96 lakh respectively.

Will ABS be helpful in Cities? I'm not sure however hence was seeking your views. Also do not know if in future govt might make ABS complusory. Then fitting ABS in current cars may be a hassle. I know your decision is good but the waiting period is too long.

Last edited by Tech : 17th March 2007 at 18:59.
Old 17th March 2007, 23:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

@ Tech ABS is optional. I got a call from MUL today and they said that VDI with ABS is in production but has a waiting period. ABS is indeed quite useful in Cities with such dusty roads. I have been told to expect the car by around May.
Old 18th March 2007, 07:11   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I have been told to expect the car by around May.
By that time, i hope you'll have many more choices...

I bought my Fiesta on Feb 1st 2006. The only thing that i had to pay for was oil & oil filter change at 2nd service (6th month) amounting to around Rs.1800/- and oil & air filters and oil change at 3rd service (1 year) amounting to around Rs.2400/-. There was a little rattling sound from the rear which was solved by changing the Parking brake cable, under warranty.
Old 18th March 2007, 12:58   #39
BHPian

Oops...i mixed it up...should have looked into the bill before typing!

Quote:
The only thing that i had to pay for was oil & oil filter change at 2nd service (6th month) amounting to around Rs.1800/-
Sorry, correction there...Rs.550/- for Oil filter assembly & Rs.700/- for oil...so that makes Rs.1,250 in total (Rs.1,400/- incl tax)...it was a free service

Quote:
and oil & air filters and oil change at 3rd service (1 year) amounting to around Rs.2400/-.
Again, correction there...no change of air filter, only the same thing as in 2nd service...and an additional labour charge of Rs.775/- (Rs.870/- incl tax)
Old 18th March 2007, 15:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

Thanx arif, i was wondering the same, butttttt i cant understand why did you have to pay for the Oil and the Filter. My Optra's free service i was charged nothing at all for Oil, Filter and all. THe paid service i was charged 800 for Oil.
Old 18th April 2007, 19:27   #41
BHPian

So did u get ur swift VDI .
Now even i am searching for good small car for Mumbai traffic/ parking. Monthly 2500km to 3000 kms with 50% city 50% highway driving.Actually waiting for swift VDI report. My Love towards Gets with CRDI engine (Verna engine). Do anyone in this forum have any idea of GETZ CRDI launch.
Old 21st April 2007, 02:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

Bump Still waiting. Checked out the Fiesta today, came out impressed, review here
Old 21st April 2007, 17:29   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Checked out the Fiesta today, came out impressed
Aah, finally you went for TD of Fiesta1.4TDCi...Now, you know why i keep on saying that it never feels underpowered even with a puny 68bhp engine!

But, 1.6 TDCi will be a different story altogether...lets hope it'll come out soon...it will be the end of Verna CRDi
Old 21st April 2007, 18:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

But the sales guy was quite ignorant he was telling me the XXi Verna costs 9.5L and the Verna VGT has no turbo charger.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks