Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which sub-4m sedan would you choose?
Hyundai Aura 35 16.59%
Maruti Dzire 23 10.90%
Honda Amaze 50 23.70%
Ford Aspire 66 31.28%
Tata Tigor 21 9.95%
Hyundai Xcent 1 0.47%
Other (Please specify in your post) 15 7.11%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2020, 22:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Aura vs the competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not available in their BS6 lineup.

Else the 1.5 Dragon petrol + 6 speed torque converter combination would surely have been the best of the petrol AT choices.
Not that it was ever available for TD, otherwise easily would have been my pick. The basis of my selection being Petrol engine and auto transmission, am still left with no clear choice. So I reluctantly voted for what I had picked up approximately 27 months ago, Maruti Dzire, a known devil.
Tigor would be a close second due to it's VFM proposition with good build quality. If I really had to make a decision now, I would probably skip this segment.
Old 28th May 2020, 09:52   #17
BANNED

Voted for Tigor, for its chic design.

Voted for voting sake, will not buy any car from this segment at all, will either buy a hatchback or a proper sedan or a CSUV.

How about none of the above option, request if moderators can add that option too to the poll.
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 10:19   #18
BHPian

Tough choice between the Amaze and the Aura. Personally I will not go for a compact sedan. I would choose a premium hatch or wait for a year to go for a full-size sedan. The recently updated Rapid makes humongous sense over these cars.
Old 28th May 2020, 11:42   #19
BANNED

I have driven all of them except the Dzire. I agree with some of the other BHPians, I would not choose any of them had I no limitations of parking space, as all of them feel like a compromise in some way. But If I had to, I would choose the Aura. I love the looks of the Amaze and Tigor. But the Amaze feels like a car made to a budget, and the Tigor with that asthmatic engine will disappoint the moment you start rolling. The Aspire just feels old. I loathe the looks of the Aura, I don't remember the last time a main stream manufacturer made an uglier car. But where the Aura takes the cake is typical Hyundai quality. The materials, textures, colours, refinement, space management everything feels best in class, premium even. In fact it far better than my 2019 Verna in terms of interior space. For a family car, I would look no further, as most of the time is spent inside the car and we see that ugly face only while stepping in and out of it.
vasist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 14:20   #20
BHPian

Voted for Other. I know the post says sub 4M sedans, The heart will always go with the Skoda Rapid Rider if I was in a spot to choose between these options because of it's disruptive pricing. Better engineered, Solid built, safer, hoot to drive. The only issue is the ASC and honestly, after owning a Nissan X trail, it would be livable with.

Last edited by akp666 : 28th May 2020 at 14:24.
Old 28th May 2020, 16:06   #21
BHPian

Voted for others and I honestly wouldn't buy any of these over the 1.0 TSI Rapid Rider. At 7.49 lacs, the solid Czech makes all these options look overpriced!

Side note: If I needed an automatic, it would be the Diesel Amaze.
John316_WRC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 17:37   #22
BHPian

Voted for Aspire for its excellent diesel engine! And also since I own one!!!
Achilles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 19:17   #23
BHPian

I am not a fan of Compact sedans but if I had to, it will undoubtedly be the Ford Aspire 1.5 TDCI. Its clearly the most fun to drive and has the best engine of the lot. Looks are not polarising, decently priced and its cheap to maintain as well and the added safety option of 6 airbags is the cherry on the cake. So far, it looks like Aspire is taking this poll too!
Fury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 20:57   #24
BHPian

I just read an article which states the price launch and variant listing for Skoad Rapid, and the Rapid 'Rider' makes a compelling case for itself- even though being a car of a segment above this listing. The price can't be simply ignored, and the TSI group of engines needs no introduction for their fantabulous performance. Would like to know how everyone else thinks of the same.
Attached Images

aastiksaluja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 08:24   #25
BHPian

P Manual: Aura T
D Manual: Aspire or Amaze
Automatics: Amaze

Have voted for Amaze as it seems to be the best all-round offering with powerful diesel, smooth CVT, spacious interior, well sized trunk, stable bodyshell (Africa spec) and VFM pricing.
Old 29th May 2020, 08:34   #26
BHPian

Voted for the Tigor, but in JTP guise only. Appreciate the 4 Star NCAP safety rating and the driveability of the JTP setup. The car is well balanced with its ride and handling along with its powertrain.

My primary pick would otherwise be the Dzire. The 1.2 K series petrol is the sweetest engine ever, close to a decade, yet feels timeless with respect to power delivery and refinement.

The Aura 1.0L TGDI seems good, but it's looks are a major turnoff. Also, did not like the refinement of the 1.0L 3 cylinder engine. Simply sounds wierd. No offense to any owners as it is a great engine in terms of its performance.
Old 29th May 2020, 11:12   #27
BHPian

Voted for Amaze, for its sheer practicality and reasonably good engines and CVTs, would have voted for Aura Turbo if not for awkward styling.
Old 30th May 2020, 20:39   #28
BHPian

I bought an Aspire 1.5 TDCi Titanium plus in 2015 right after it was launched. At the time, I was really interested in getting a pre-owned Jetta, but was not able to find one that clicked for me. When the Aspire launched with a 100BHP 1.5 instead of the expected 90BHP as in the Ecosport / Fiesta, it caught my eye and I ended up buying one.

Here are the pros and cons that I noted over ~3 years of ownership.

+ Excellent power to weight & acceleration
+ >120BHP with a simple tuning box (0-100 in 9 seconds flat)
+ Amazing driveability - no lag
+ Compact size is perfect for the city
+ Great ride with acceptable dynamics (Still much better than other cars in the segment)
+ 6 Airbags
+ Extremely comfortable driver's seat with a huge range of height adjustment
+ 17KMPL city / highway - no matter what.
+ Unbelievably cheap to maintain. Good attention to detail at Ford A.S.S.
+ Light clutch - no issues in stop-start traffic
+ Spacious interiors

- Slightly numb on-center steering feel.
- 5th gear is not tall enough (100KMPH @ 2500 RPM).
- Drone above 2500 RPM making it hard to cruise above 100
- Notchy gearbox (probably fixed in the facelift)
- Slightly iffy build in places
- Resale value

As the positives far outweigh the negatives, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat if I were in the market for a Compact sedan
BTW it was also so good that it made the eventual upgrade extremely difficult. I had to get a 320d, just because nothing else in between seemed to be a meaningful upgrade from a fun-to-drive perspective.

Last edited by d3mon : 30th May 2020 at 21:00.
d3mon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2020, 21:37   #29
BHPian

Voted for Hyundai Aura. The exterior of the car might be a bit over the top but is surely a conversation starter while the interiors are excellent. Only wish Hyundai had paid more attention to the handling of the car.
Old 1st June 2020, 10:41   #30
BHPian

Voted for others and given the current scenario, for that budget, I would buy the Skoda Rapid Rider
Better build and interior quality than any of those listed in the thread. Better driving dynamics. Though the ASS might be an issue but owing a German sedan in that price is crazy
ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks