Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2007, 18:30   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooshnark View Post
....and my damn good experience with Honda vehicles.. they are always permorning if maintained even if second hand..
100% TRUE.

Quote:
Somebody of my size would not be able to handle safari dicor that easily however i would still take a test drive tomorrow.
Do you mean you are of small build or too big for Safari ? I assume you mean you are of a small build. hey mate,... have you seen some really puny drivers maneuver the BEST around in small lanes?

I would suggest a new Safari DICOR instead of a 2nd hand Honda CRV.

Quote:
hence now the race is narrowed down to cedia v/s CRV...
pls advise.. can anyone share their experience with CRV?
go by your heart, go by Honda, you wont regret.

If you are buyin 2nd hand, strip to the last bolt while you check the piece.
Best of luck.

Last edited by gbpscars : 19th March 2007 at 18:32.
Old 20th March 2007, 21:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

No mention about the toyota innova/Mahindra scorpio.

Since FE is not much of a problem how about the vvti Innova,if you cannot live with those looks and the Mpv tag then from the choices you have given the CRV would be the best choice.

PS: The cedia is a great car but let down by its manufacturer.
Old 21st March 2007, 14:03   #18

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
firstly, CRV is a soft-roader (It drives like a car though) while cedia is a car. test-drive both to decide which you find more convenient and which will be more suited and comfortably for your use.

secondly, look at the Dealer support. While HM used to have more dealers than Honda once upon a time, many of these were known for bad service while others were reputed for customer satisfaction. In Ahmedabad Landmark Honda sucks while Autonova Mitsubishi(previously Cama motors) have been great. But Many people have had reverse experiences too. Check out the dealer feedback for both Honda and Mitsubishi in your city.
hi..
i am from ahmedabad itself and surely ur feedback on dealer service helps.. my OHC used to get serviced in rajkot and have no bad experience about it.

i have kind of made up my mind, if i dont get a decent second hand CRV in next week i shall buy the new Cedia Select... what do u say?

regards
Old 21st March 2007, 17:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Did you read this month's TG? There is a two page article on owning used CRVs. Nice material.
Old 21st March 2007, 17:34   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO, Better to opt for a first hand Cedia than a seconds CRV
Old 21st March 2007, 18:06   #21
BHPian

Cedia... well.. be sure that you won't have any service issues(perhaps, check with someone that already owns one out there).
Not happy with the performance of the stock? It is an awesome car to modify! amazing handling! it's in the genes!
Old 22nd March 2007, 00:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi..
i am from ahmedabad itself and surely ur feedback on dealer service helps.. my OHC used to get serviced in rajkot and have no bad experience about it.

i have kind of made up my mind, if i dont get a decent second hand CRV in next week i shall buy the new Cedia Select... what do u say?

regards
Hi Pooshnark,

Autonova Mistubishi is an excellent dealership. Service quality is slightly wont get full marks though as you need to show them the small niggles to get them fixed, which they do after all.

Landmark Honda is a much bigger dealer. Honda also sells more cars anyways. But I have had a dealer conflict before because he lied to me. Secondly a friend of mine at the gymnasium uses a Honda City. he is completely satisfied but one of his friends had a conflict and he bought it from Baroda or Surat somewhere.

So not really anything peculiar to point out as the price band you are going to invest in, most cars are of excellent quality and even the dealers are good.

Why I would go against the CR-V is because you are looking for used. While spending close to 10lacs I would recommend a new car and hence the cedia.

BTW: Cedia sports price tag in ahmedabad according to the dealer has gone close to 8.9

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks