Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

View Poll Results: Should I buy a Pre Owned Maruti Ciaz 1.3 Diesel?
Yes, it will be a flawless ASS experience since 1.3 diesel was like the national engine 189 71.86%
No, it will turn out to be a negative experience in the long run 39 14.83%
Can't say for sure 35 13.31%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2020, 16:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Should I buy a used Maruti Ciaz 1.3L diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
Heartiest congratulations 07CR! Top-trim Ecosport with such a low running is a terrific deal.

On the different note, could you please share the dealer details you got this from? We too just sold my father's 17 years old Santro and are looking for a reliable used car as a replacement. Having a known contact will definitely be useful.

TIA
Thanks for the best wishes! I have Pm'ed you the dealer's details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Congratulations ! 9.65L is a great price for a car that was around 14L on road in July 2018. Any idea why the previous owner sold the car so early ?

An all black S variant really looks wicked. July 2018 means it will have those sexy 17' wheels too. Do be careful on bad roads !
Wishing you a great ownership with the Ecosport
Thanks for the wishes. I do have the 17 inch rims, and once the tyres become a bit older, I do plan to swap to a taller sidewall tyres.

I had some other issues with the Sync 3 touchscreen. Mind if I Pm you about the same? Judging by your profile, I guess we do share the same beast.
Old 22nd June 2020, 17:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I had some other issues with the Sync 3 touchscreen. Mind if I Pm you about the same? Judging by your profile, I guess we do share the same beast.

Sure. You could also post the query on the Ecosport thread so it could be helpful to other users as well and you'll have more owners to help with the problem.
Old 22nd June 2020, 17:37   #33
BHPian

I voted against the Ciaz.

Not that I have anything much against it, but spending 8.5 lakhs on a used car when other cars in the segment are now available with excellent tech for the same money.

I would have suggested to give the new Skoda Rider Petrol a try. 1.0Turbo petrol with 6speed MT would in comparison give you much better highway performance and fuel efficiency.

And hey congratulations on getting yourself the Ecosport.

Last edited by sureshkishore : 22nd June 2020 at 17:40.
sureshkishore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 23:09   #34
BHPian

Congratulations on your ecosport! A better choice. Hope you are grinning everytime you floor it

I had voted for MS Ciaz

No worries in terms of A.S.S or spares availability.
Few reasons

- the volumes which are already sold and there are rules in place to have spare parts available.
- 1.3 DDiS are highly reliable and every mechanic out there has their way around it. Most of the times you won't even need spares
- spares not related to engine are anyways going to be there

On a different note, this might fetch you better resale value after 7 years of ownership
- I don't see diesel engine going anywhere 7 years down the line, electric vehicles being there for such a long time haven't gained popularity among buyers until recently. Even now, they have just the attention but not the sales figures.
- if Maruti sticks to not producing diesel engines without losing market share, some other manufacturers might pull the plug on their diesel variant. Gives your car a little exclusivity in resale, given the reputation of that 1.3 DDiS, Maruti's A.S.S, less maintenance and spare costs, enthusiasts may flock to the remaining ones, may be regard it as project car (too much?). (I assume the performance of cars would keep degrading and their would be a separate performance line up). So, this might have a fraction of buzz which is right now for i-vtec.

Last edited by petrolHead_1609 : 24th June 2020 at 23:23.

Most Viewed