Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2007, 10:27   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejpreets View Post
hi guys
i own ford 1.6 zxi .
i am looking forward to buy a used vehicle with budget 5.25 -5.75 lakhs.(MODELS BETWEEN 2005/2006)
Okay, first question, are you looking for a replacement to Ikon or planning to buy another car while keeping Ikon?

Option 1: If looking for a replacement and if you were in love with Ikon 1.6, get a 2005 Ikon 1.6. Resale prices are really low, so you'll get a good deal (The money you save out of your budgeted 5.75 lakh can be distributed to all those who advised you on this thread ).
For an Ikon 1.6 lover, hard to find a perfect replacement. Petra is close, IMO.

Option 2: If looking for a replacement and if you didn't like Ikon 1.6- Please check out NHC and Optra 1.6. Both should fit in your budget.

Option 3: If you are keeping Ikon and buying another- Check out 2005 Optra 1.6, 2004 Corolla or 2005/2006 Elantra. Spend some time with each of these cars to see which one fits you like most.
Old 22nd March 2007, 15:18   #17

hi
just test drove new fusion out of curosity.
nice (rather different) looks,good handling,nice interiors,etc
WHAT SAY shld go for new fusion.
thanks
Old 22nd March 2007, 17:35   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
A used verna. Have people already started selling them off . If you are talking about a new one then I think it overshoots his budget by a Lac at least.
If its a new verna, it overshoots his budget by atleast 2 lakhs.

To add to the confusion , i would suggest a 2004-05 well maintained Accent CRDI which will satisfy most of your needs except probably the looks part which is now considered old school types.
Old 26th March 2007, 12:15   #19

hi
thnx for the info.yes i am looking at mid luxury segment .
regards
Old 26th March 2007, 13:34   #20
Team-BHP Support

@Tej : Have u decided on the vehicle you want? I dont think there would be any further suggestions coming along, as most of the available options have already been put forward here.
Old 26th March 2007, 20:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Be away from Ford cars, not worth at all, there are better cars in the segment offered by ford,

Petra, Indigo, esteem better than Icon.
Adventure is better than Fusion.
Veran/NHC better than Fiesta

If some one want to go for Ford thats only the reason why they go for Ford cars otherwise Ford is not worth car at all in any aspect.

Ravi.
Old 27th March 2007, 10:33   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Be away from Ford cars, not worth at all, there are better cars in the segment offered by ford,

Petra, Indigo, esteem better than Icon.
Adventure is better than Fusion.
Veran/NHC better than Fiesta

If some one want to go for Ford thats only the reason why they go for Ford cars otherwise Ford is not worth car at all in any aspect.

Ravi.
Irrespective of what segment u consider, there will always be more than one player. So yes, there are other options too in whatever segment you are looking for, as Ravi has put forward.

However, without having owned a Ford, i wonder how one can be so judgemental in his opinion.
Old 28th March 2007, 20:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

What I mean based on I felt and many told Ford in India need long way to go to show good impression with customer friendlyness, bringing down the maintenance cost so on...

However my freind has fiesta D giving FE aroudn 20 as avg.. he is happy although his 5 yr old zen never encountered any issues this new fiesta encountered many unexpetced issues.

Ravi.
Old 28th March 2007, 21:54   #24
BHPian

Ravi, just because one friend of yours is having problems with his fiesta doesnt mean that Ford makes bad cars. I have driven an Ikon 1.6 for more than a year and I'd be hard pressed to find another car in that range that is as much fun to drive. I will admit that the brakes were terrible. The Fiesta diesel (another car I have driven for a few hundred kms) is a great car too, very refined and with excellent dynamics although the diesel is a little sluggish (thats what you pay for fuel economy). Both cars did not cause too much trouble and visits to the service center were never unpleasant. In fact Leo at Metro Ford in Bangalore became a friend of mine because he was so helpful.

Perhaps your friend doesnt know how to drive a new car properly. Modern cars are less forgiving if you drive them in ways they shouldnt be (such as riding the clutch, trying to push start when the battery is dead etc).
Old 28th March 2007, 22:21   #25
Team-BHP Support

go for an optra, corola or accord/octavia petrol if u dont mind the mileage, just look around and some patience will fetch you good deals

thanks to dealers, prices have been artificially brought down and its upto buyer if he can find a direct seller and do some good bargaining, use free ads/ad mags also to find a tasty fish

happy fishing
Old 28th March 2007, 22:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

@ tej did You find a used aveo/fiesta,I think it is not all that easy to get one.
Old 2nd April 2007, 10:15   #27

overwhelmed by response

guyz thanks for the overwhelming response.
i have still not purchased the vehicle
the interest rates have beaten hollow my choices.
now the prob is finance for used car is much higher.thnks to rbi tinkering with the interest rate.
heard somewhere renault logan should be launched this week.might as well see the price and feautres of logan.
but my recent test drives and visit to car showrooms has put up a nice vfm car and that without doubt is hyundai verna.at 7.25 lakh onroad (xi) petrol is a real steal. but mind you it is the best vfm car NOT THE BEST CAR.
so the serach goes on..........
Old 2nd April 2007, 14:10   #28
BHPian

I personally feel ford fiesta fits the bill
Old 6th April 2007, 06:28   #29
BHPian

safety features in FIAT? u must be kiddin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
hi tej, i assume you have numbered your criteria according to your priority/weightage for each.
1-safety; 2-handling; 3-equipment; 4-looks; 5-resale value and 6-mileage.

If most preference is for safety i feel you should look for a FIAT Petra or an Adventure. Which i think you can even get a new one at your budget (even a little less). The Safety features in the FIAT will not be matched by ny other vehicle. But the negetives would be the resale and the mileage (average 10-12Km/l). Moreover after a 1.6 FOrd i dont think you would appreciate anything less than a 1.6 engine. Moreover with only 900km/month i dont think it would be worth investing in a diesel engine.

Before that why are you looking for a second hand vehicle with 5.75L budget. Do you want a luxury vehicle? i mean the higher segment ones?

What safety features are you talking about in FIAT? Does it have ABS, Air Bags, Traction Control etc?? Does just have a strong build is considered safe?
Old 10th April 2007, 12:05   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
What I mean based on I felt and many told Ford in India need long way to go to show good impression with customer friendlyness, bringing down the maintenance cost so on...

However my freind has fiesta D giving FE aroudn 20 as avg.. he is happy although his 5 yr old zen never encountered any issues this new fiesta encountered many unexpetced issues.

Ravi.
Customer friendliness?? What exactly is one expecting here?
My dealer for Ford keeps track of my servicing timelines, calls and reminds me when the servicing date is due, treats me well when i visit the service center, or the sales division, keeps offerring me test drives on their cars (solely for my driving pleasure), sends me cards on my birthday, speaks to me with due respect, apologizes for any delays in returning the vehicle post service, offers a pick up n drop service (which i have declined), free surfing the net when i am waiting for my car to be serviced and so on. And still one claims lack of customer friendliness.

Your friend's Fiesta has many unexpetced issues... maybe you should ask him/her for hat they exactly are, and enlighten the rest of us?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks